Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,934 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,951 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@vinco said:

If you really want to make a point here, post some music that blows us away.

Vincent

Bis

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

If you really want to make a point here, post some music that blows us away. ... So go ahead [:)]
    Vincent
    I don't have the time to do that. Those who know me, and have listened to my tracks communicating directly with me, know I am the litmus test for what sounds good. I am blessed with excellent ears. Ears that agree with consensus. I've learned to trust them, and other's can trust me.

I know there are some very old one's of mine here, using just VSL First Edition with no performance instruments/tools. I will try and find something and email it to Herb to put on the site. Something newer with a lot of range. But when I have time to do so. I'm working on a film right now, and got another one coming. Each one bigger, and better than the last. TIP: That doesn't happen if you are only adequate.

[;)]

Evan Evans

• If you really want to hear what Evan can do listen to the stuff he did with 1 akai and a kurzweil. [;)]

• Why do self-concious and obnoxious egos always quote themselves in their profiles on internet forums?

It's like a rule of thumb.

• Ahah yeah !

I think Evan is a nice person but a little bit of an egocentric person. I don't mean it as an insult, that's just a fact i noticed.

If you go on IMDB.com and type "evan evans", you'll see that there's a biography. Evan Evans is a good composer ( i listened some of his works ) but not a famous composer, he's not reknown like a A composer yet.
    But still he has a biography on his IMDB profile, probably written by himself. Can you believe that ? The guy is 30 years old and already has a biography. Moreover if you go deeper inside his IMDB profile, you can see his "personal quotes" . Who cares ? I mean, ok i'm interested in reading Sean Connery, steven spielberg or stanley kubrick personal quotes. But evan evans one ? who cares ? I'm sure he wrote himself his IMDB profile. Isn't that attitude a bit egocentric ?

Writing "I am a world class film composer. It is not something that is easy to accomplish, nor are some born with the potential" isn't that completely pretentious ?

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Writing "I am a world class film composer. It is not something that is easy to accomplish, nor are some born with the potential" isn't that completely pretentious?
    Most of my quotes are meant to be humorous, not pretentious.

P.S. Try to stay on topic dude. Or start a new one for off topic discussion. it's just good netiquette, and I'm sure everyone else would appreciate the effort.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Vagn Luv said:

Why do self-concious and obnoxious egos always quote themselves i...?
    I feel I have something to say. I will die doing so. Whether in music or philosophy. Should I just work at McDonalds? What did you figure out about mankind and the universe that tells you quoting oneself is disagreeable? Perhaps you are living inside an antiquated set of ego rules. The future is for those with open minds.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@evanevans said:

I'm working on a film right now, and got another one coming. Each one bigger, and better than the last. TIP: That doesn't happen if you are only adequate.

[;)]

Evan Evans

Oh'come on! [:D]

You may be talented and gifted composer, but you seem to have a hard time getting the point.

It does not matter if your the next John Williams (or even if you ARE John Williams) - your posts still come off as " [8-)] ".

• Well the only point I am getting is that you guys care to spend time pointing these character traits out to me. For that, I feel the love, and am grateful. But I still have chosen to be this way. I didn't start out like this. It's a just a part of who I am, have become, and where I came from. It's the Evan Evans' dynamic. Massively confident, to the point of being annoying to some who aren't listening to the deep underlying spring of inspiration. I have 100% convictions about my beliefs. I am proud to have so much passion. Without it I would be just a craftsman.

Evan

• LOL, why didn't I come across this guy before? Very entertaining reading [:D]

• I'm still waiting for some awesome VSL demos that will blow us all away.....by Mr.....

There's a saying: Put your money where your mouth is.....

• Speaking of quote...

I'm a huge fan of Bill Evans, Evan's father.

He once said:
    "I'm a rather simple person with a limited talent and perhaps a limited perspective."

I have much more respect for people who don't say much but inspire me by their talent rather than hearing self-esteened people that in fact are only showing their lack of confidence by the need of being loved.

Vincent

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

I'm still waiting for some awesome VSL demos that will blow us all away.....by Mr.....

There's a saying: Put your money where your mouth is.....

Well.. just hearing ANYTHING composed by him would be nice. I can't find anything on his site, can you? I want to hear what those perfect ears and that huge talent can create - I expect nothing short of the sublime [H]

• last edited
    last edited

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Thanks, cm.

I really understand what John Williams and Hans Zimmer are up against now. Such brilliant compositions not to mention the flawless mix [[;)]]

• Nice demos, now waiting for masterful demos.

• hehe now - play nice. As Evan has said these are old.

• Christian,

Thanks. yes, as I said, they are. And they were the first job I did with VSL and Logic. I never used Logic or VSL before that job.

Last Friday I think, or Saturday, I sent Herb and crew my full score to HOBOKEN HOLLOW. Perhaps that will be up on the site sometime soon.

But like Matt Gates mentioned, some of my best scores were done with an AKAI and a KURZWEIL, using only 96MB of RAM and 25 midi channels.

Evan Evans

• They kindly declined to use any of the tracks from Hoboken Hollow. I am awaiting word back to find out what it is they are looking for, since Hoboken Hollow sounded quite good. It may be either that they don't want/need anymore Pro Edition demos, or they do not wish to accept submissions from me.

I'll have them online soon enough, so you guys can hear some of my music. At various times in the last decade, you were able to purchase complete soundtrack CDs of mine. But that has gone through changes and I am in the place where I need to set that up again.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

popcorn, chips, coca cola anyone? [:P]

haha....that got a good laugh out of me.

"I'm an excellent driver......"