Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,965 users have contributed to 42,268 threads and 254,960 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Paul,

Thanks. I am so glad were still not talking about that other stuff that everyone wants to post about!

My new little girl, Miranda, Mira for short, is now 10.5 months old, and is such a darling. Much easier baby than my first, Elliot, who is five now and in K. Mira is the quintessential baby. She is very easy, and she talks, is alert, curious, etc. No drooling. Great eater. I am truly blessed.

My wife Michele, is working on two screenplays, a jazz album, and a special CD, as well as taking care of the shared responsibilities of raising Mira and Elliot.

I recently finished a film with Dennis Hopper, Robert Carradine, Jason Connery (Sean's son), among others, called HOBOKEN HOLLOW. The schedule took a left turn on a dime in the middle, and I had to hire a 2nd hand to finish 40% of the score with me under my intense direction (you can imagine what its like being directed by me!!!).

I submit for 20+ films a week, and have a few in the pipeline. One shoe-in is a new film coming with Jamie Foxx (who was in "Ray").

I also now have a personal assistant, since January, and he is a real help. I am getting a lot done, with his help. 200%. I used to have so much on the backburner, I was getting burned up front! Now, there is less work being put off then there is being taken care of. THe margin is small, but the flow is definitely positive now.

How have you been?

Evan

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

What about PM, email, phone, messenger, etc?
    You talking about the babes, or me Herb?

[;)]

Evan

• Alex,

I don't get uncivilized. As you know and said.

And that doesn't mean Im going to finish last for being a nice guy. My eyes are wide open. I have ideals and standards of my own, that people call on me, relying on. Those who do not know me, here on the board, tend to dislike me and think that people who know me should feel the same. They're in for a surprise, as people would risk their life with me at their side.

I think its just a continual example of how personality is misjudged online.

Thank you for your good nature and words, Alex.

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

@Christian Marcussen said:

Evan has also been civilized with me, on varrious occations, including PM's IIRC.

But thats besides the point.

And yes - I'm all for fruitful discussion.
    ROFL. HAHA. That was funny.

So then, ... haha ...

What is the point, Christian? [:)]

Evan Evans

• last edited
    last edited

Evan has also been civilized with me, on varrious occations, including PM's IIRC.

But thats besides the point.

And yes - I'm all for fruitful discussion.
    ROFL. HAHA. That was funny.

So then, ... haha ...

What is the point, Christian? [[:)]]

Evan Evans

I actually decided not to post in this thread anymore, but since you ask I’m happy to oblige [[:)]]

In short: You're spreading misinformation and lying, and ironically due to VSL's liberal forum policies you can get away with it. Well not without being challenged. You being nice towards animals, kids, elderly ladies or even forum members is irrelevant in regards to this.

Clear enough?

• last edited
    last edited

@hermitage59 said:

...Many women here, beautiful, elegant, and intelligent as they are, hunt men for sport.

Regards,

Alex...

That reminds me of a perfectly awful joke which, needless to say, I'm going to relate...

Hunter goes looking for prey and sees a gorgeous young girl, totally naked...

"Are you game?" he asked.
    "Yes" she replied.
    So he shot her [[:|]]

Sorry about that [*-)]

Back to business...

You're right Jam!
    That was an awful joke.... [:)]

I was travelling in the metro some months ago, and a lady who spoke some english wanted to practise. (This is a regular event. People here are determined to improve their language skills, particularly English, and German.)
    She asked many questions, among which was this one:

'Tell me something please. Why do so many Blonde women in the West dye their roots dark?'

I had absolutely no answer.

Regards,

Alex.

[*-)]

• last edited
    last edited

@jamriding said:

"Are you game?" he asked.
    "Yes" she replied.
    So he shot her [[:|]]

Sorry about that [*-)]

Back to business...

I beleive its a Dick Cheney quote

• last edited
    last edited

@evanevans said:

Paul,
    Thanks. I am so glad were still not talking about that other stuff that everyone wants to post about!
    How have you been?
    Evan

Ok thanks Evan. Glad to hear everyone is doing fine and look forward to a visit in Carmel one day.

I always thought that Dennis Hopper was partially insane. I like him though.

• Evans
    Any time you fall behind on a project, don't hesitate to call. Just hauller. I, for one have got plenty of MIDI piano sitting around, be glad to give away. I would bet others will also. I understand how much it takes, raising children and keeping a marriage going.

That is, providing you havn't banned herb and dietz of the forum.

Peace

• This thread is really far beyond stupidity;this guy (mr Evans) seems to have so much to prove to himself otherwise he would'nt talk like that.I would humbly suggest to stop replying to this inflated ego child.Oh, and respecfully ,I'm absolutely not interested about anybody's family news or personal life etc.......when I go on a forum; there are private ways to do that.

• Mr. Watercolors
    I agree this thread has had its tennior. And you are right about private ways in messaging perhaps. Respectfully. But then why did you reply ? Perhaps to bring it up to activity again. Ah Ha. So the Evans legend continues.
    I for one have alot of grattitude to the evans name, for it has contributed in providing joy, education, good will & history into a perspective and rich musical heritage & identity.. And I cannot bare justification in critisizing its ofspring. Living in a fish bowl has its consinquences. Having said my piece, i shall learn to keep & relinquish prudence by jurisdiction. Respectfully.

This thread is closed !

• last edited
    last edited

I'm just amazed how people go all nuts and worship evan becuase of his father - even when hes completely obnoxious.
    People have insulted me first here. And I am not a coward. If you wanna attack me I WILL defend myself. That can look obnoxious, but those who are closer to me, who really see what's going on see it as valiant. It's no fun watching a fight. But I am not gonna let someone roll over me.

I criticized VSL early on, in a manner which was respectful and constructive. It was met straight by Herb with a defensive attack on me. His reaction was completely unprofessional, lacked tact, and had bad corporate strategy. The correct response would have been "thank you for your input/comments, we will keep them on file and consider them in future updates." Done. That's all it would have taken.

Herb responded in ill form, so I told him he was way off base to treat a customer who just spent thousands of dollars to purchase his product should not be treated like they were being talked to by a **insert name of a choice here**. So I was banned. For trying to help VSL, and telling them they could improve how they run their company.

Evan Evans

• Well.

I too have been critical of some of VSL's moves and have stated so openly on many occations (just as I have praised VSL for all the stuff they do right). I too have also given loads of suggestions to how they can improve their products and their company. However I doubt anyone has considered banning me - makes you think.

In other words it's not what you say, but how you say it. Perhaps once or twice you might have given some constructive and decent critique - but most of your posts come off as arogant, selfcentered, condecending, ill mannered and out of this world. Not the best way to get taken seriously.

• last edited
    last edited

Well.

I too have been critical of some of VSL's moves and have stated so openly on many occations (just as I have praised VSL for all the stuff they do right). I too have also given loads of suggestions to how they can improve their products and their company. However I doubt anyone has considered banning me - makes you think.

In other words it's not what you say, but how you say it. Perhaps once or twice you might have given some constructive and decent critique - but most of your posts come off as arogant, selfcentered, condecending, ill mannered and out of this world. Not the best way to get taken seriously.
    Yeah but the talent is out there. The greatest minds know how to learn from them. Criticizing someone who criticizes you is not going to get anyone very far. And I wouldn't criticize VSL for what they did if it wasn't a corporation, a company with a fleet of users that deserve to be treated better than people who bought their product and have a message board.

Whatever. Like I've said before, it doesn't reflect on my feelings for any of the individuals at VSL, such as Herb et al, it's a problem I have with their corporate policy on how they treat those customers who are critical of them, whether constructive, arrogant, condescending, etc., or not.

Evan Evans

• As one of the people who did demos here I have to defend the other composer/performers, and say that the work of many of them, including Jay Bacall, Christian Kardeis, Bill Brown, Beat Kaufman, and the "Liszt of the Sampler" Guy Bacos, are fabulous and impressive both as demos and as music. And there are many others that are fantastic also. Just go through the demo section and you will be amazed...

• Alright, William. I will give it all another shot. Thanks. Respect your opinion.

Talk to you soon,
    Evan

• Sure a company must listen to their clients.
    Sure they have to understand we, the clients, are their best assets.
    Sure we should give them some comments to make a better product.

But I certainly don't expect anything in return from the company.

If they answer me by saying they took good notes about what I said, I'll be impressed but unfortunately most of the time it doesn't happen.

I'm not saying that's a good thing. It's just how business works.

Companies would get much better by listening and reacting with their customers.

I believe the Vienna Team is doing a pretty good job on this.
    They're part of the forum; they take the time to answer questions that have been asked a zillion times.

For sure things can be improved; it just takes time.

Blaming somebody, making somebody angry, yelling at a company that x feature or y feature is not available won't do anything.

You're complaining about the quality of the demos?
    If they were none, you'd complain there's no demo.

If you really feel those demos are crap, make your own and send them to VSL.
    It's opened to everybody.

But maybe you're so busy that you can only talk about how bad demos are.

Excuse me sir, but if we're looking at your website and your credits and we compare with other composers who submitted demos, I believe there is no comparison.

Now you may argue that art is not based on credits and only with music.
    Then do so!

I'd love to hear how the VSL will sound with the best composer/producer/arranger/orchestrator/developer/programmer on earth.

Vincent

• Vincent,

I had enough time, that I could briefly let VSL know that the demos representing their new product line were unflattering. I did so, as I have done before, so that they could review their quality control line and see if any constructive changes need to be made.

Also, I never blamed anybody about anything. There was no blaming. It was all constructive illumination, poorly reacted to, without professional diplomacy. I criticize that they behaved that way as well. I really like Herb and most of his team. Every criticism is a reflection of the consumer that the company should be aware of. It's not the companies place to correct, or make public judgements of their customers criticisms of their company. The money goes to the company and the company humbly accepts it and trades it for a piece of what they are best at. It doesn't go the other way. This is why they have certain boundaries, and we do not. It's just good business.

And Vincent, I don't appreciate you guessing at what you think I am like or have done. That shows blinded loyalism. You probably don't want to be biased. It's not going to let you make the best decisions in the future. Anyway, thanks for the input, they are good points.

Evan Evans

• What sort of person is unimaginative enough to have the same initials for both first and last name anyway?

Chris C

........oh..............er...............!!!!! [:O]ops:

• Hi Evan,

I agree with you when you say that companies should be aware of their clients and be opened to any suggestions. That's what most companies lack of. The more they listen the better they will be, especially for software companies.

I'm just saying that even though VSL can still improve (like anybody in that matter), they do a better job than most of their competitors.

Sure they can improve and they will hopefully.

A few things that quickly come in my mind:
    - updated and official tested systems we can use. I know we can find some in the forums but it'd be nice to see it clearly somewhere with real live setups for each situation (not 20 but 4,5)
    - a troubleshooting section that gathers the FAQ questions we find in the forums. That will save us and them so much time.

Things come with time, we'll see.

By the way, I just wanted to point out that I haven't been able to listen to what you did with the VSL as opposed to other composers that posted their works here.

Since I'm a curious person, I checked your website the same way I did for the other composers. I have no doubts you're a talented person. Music is so subjective anyway.

You just need to admit you may not have as many credits/experience than other composers have. That doesn't make you weaker or not as good.

If you really want to make a point here, post some music that blows us away.

I think everybody will agree with this statement: we all want to make the VSL sound as good as we can. Listening to great cues/mixes inspire us.

So go ahead [:)]

Vincent