Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,028 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Hi everybody,

no download problems for me : 4.1 Mb/S, estimated time 2h30 [:P] ...

But i am in France, so much more closer from servers than most of you, and i am connected with fiber ...

Best

Philippe

• Went smooth here, too. Between 4 and 5 MB/s [Y]

• Where can I find the manual?

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Where can I find the manual?

User Area

Instruments Collections

Strings

Not sure if you need to be logged in....

• Logged in - not finding them there. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jack,

the Dimension Strings Manual should be available in your User Area => Instrument Collections => Strings.

If they are not, please send a screenshot that shows that you are logged in (upper right corner) to , so we can find out what´s going on.

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Found it, thanks!

• Hi Paul,

Will VSL be posting additional audio demos of Dim-Strings ?  

Hopefully Yes, and soon,

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• Hi, 

No, there will be absolutely no more demos, never again [6]

Kidding. We´re just listening to you, and then there will be more demos, of course. There will also be more videos. As always [:)]

We just need to catch our breath again to let the inspiration kick in [;)]

Best, 

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

No, there will be absolutely no more demos, never again

Kidding. We´re just listening to you, and then there will be more demos, of course. There will also be more videos. As always

We just need to catch our breath again to let the inspiration kick in

Best, 

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming that additional audio & video demos will be posted in the near future. 

I will be buying Dim-Strings next week, and look forward to the release of the remaining Dim-Strings sections (violas, Cellos, Basses) whenever you have them ready for release. 

Cheers,

Muziksculp

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

I am getting huge inspiration from this incredible new library!  I am doing a performance of my all-time favorite piece of film music using Dimension Strings and Dimension Brass and I just love the complex realism of the sound.  The D strings are more than a new library release, They are another revolution in sound from VSL.  I am noticing the resonance of each player is subtly richer from the presence of the other players on top of being different in each of their own sounds.  Also, the humanize functions are fantastic in their effect.  I am so excited by this I am having to force myself to take calm-down breaks.  I think this is beyond anything VSL has yet done!  Congratulations!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

I am getting huge inspiration from this incredible new library!  I am doing a performance of my all-time favorite piece of film music using Dimension Strings and Dimension Brass and I just love the complex realism of the sound.  The D strings are more than a new library release, They are another revolution in sound from VSL.  I am noticing the resonance of each player is subtly richer from the presence of the other players on top of being different in each of their own sounds.  Also, the humanize functions are fantastic in their effect.  I am so excited by this I am having to force myself to take calm-down breaks.  I think this is beyond anything VSL has yet done!  Congratulations!

Thanks for the positive feedback regarding both Dim-Strings and Dim-Brass. 

I could just imagine how amazing Dim-Strings will sound, when the full Dim-Strings is completed. (violas, Cellos, Basses)  imho. this is the next generation of excellent tools from VSL, nothing short of revoultionary ! 

Cheers,

Muziksculp  

• Really really really really like this library. Sounds so realistic. But still hope more players library will come - like another 8 different players - So that'll will be 16 together. In that case the sounds will be better then 8 players + 8 players by this library itself (right now if using 16 players it just more or less doubling the sound simply). Really hope this will happen in future to allow users to group 16 players or more. Thanks for VSL team hard work.
    PS: Which is next release of Dimension Strings? And when? Is there a time plan?

• [quote=markbatuer]Really really really really like this library. Sounds so realistic. But still hope more players library will come - like another 8 different players - So that'll will be 16 together. In that case the sounds will be better then 8 players + 8 players by this library itself (right now if using 16 players it just more or less doubling the sound simply). Really hope this will happen in future to allow users to group 16 players or more. Thanks for VSL team hard work. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• OMG!!!!!! DID I MISS SOMETHING?  IS THAT ALL THE COMPLETE DIMENSION STRINGS FOR 695 EUROS??????????????

IF I BUY NOW THE VIOLINS I WILL RECEIVE THE BASSES,  VIOLAS AND CELLOS FOR FREE WHEN THEY RELEASE??????????????

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST THE VIOLINS OMGGGGGG!

That's not cool.  I'm now forced to buy Orchestral Strings + Dimension strings.  [:(] [:D]

• Sorry if this was answered before and I missed it, but what is Dimension Strings and how does it differ from other VSL offerings? Thanks!

• i wonder too if the new Dimension Strings will be so much better as all other strings together. I used to mix the Orchestral Strings with the Chamber Strings and the Appassionata Strings to get best results. What seems impossible also with the new Dimension Strings is a good Solo Violin. I think this is a nearly impossible action also for VSL.

But, do you thik, this short piece would really sound better with the new Dimension Strings? 

(please copy and paste this link to hear my short "Irrlichter" for strings)

http://www.markus-brylka.de/Irrlichter.mp3

• Since I asked that question, I found some information on Dimension strings and it seems to be much larger sample set with many more options than the existing string library. I will be anxious to learn more and hear more demos. What I have heard so far is quite impressive.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

A new video that gives you an overview of all available patches is now online on the Vienna Dimension Strings video page!

More videos to come!

Best,

Paul

• Thank you Paul...