Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,232 users have contributed to 42,388 threads and 255,459 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Mark,

There will be more demos, there will be more videos. Promised.

Did you read this thread yet?

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • "...in the present case, it is just as necessary to renounce a nonexistent freedom and recognize a dependence we do not feel."

Hmm. Well, I finished that book. That Tolstoy could go on. But, now it's time to see how much I've downloaded.

48.4% !? Holy stinking [ trombone blat ] !  It's been about 42 hours. 

I need to find another book. Let's see: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...." 

• I'm afraid that one might not be long enough... Try "In the beginning, God made the sky and the earth..."

• I see back to 4 servers and 59 kB/s. What happened to the 8 severs?

• You took my next punchline. [:)]

Yes, Gary, here too. Those new four or five servers dropped off in the late afternoon, USA Eastern Time. I'm just over 50% with an ETA of three more days. 

• Great improvement. 

We "Early Adapters" got an email from Mr. Tucmandl. I followed the new directions, and all worked smoothly. Now 7 servers appear, and the average download rate went from about 150 kB/s to 650. A three day ETA shrunk to about six more hours. And that's in the evening of a Friday night in the States when, I'm told, Internet traffic is high (if such things matters). 

I've learned over the years to keep momentary frustrations with VSL off of the forum, because they always come through. 

•  I wrote this on the other thread also - is there a different procedure for the download?  I could not open that pdf attachment.  I am at about 80%, with a speed of about 130 kb/s.  thanks.

•  now it's up to 300 so I probably won't do anything! 

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

If you want to hear a stronger melody line with just the Dimension Strings, e.g., in the lower register, you´ll be surprised how effective it is to let 8 violins play sul G, and another 8 violins sul D (and then sul D and sul A  and so on). 

But since we haven't got the library yet, hope more videos explanation will come soon. 😊 We all know VSL team is busy doing biggest effort on every project. Thanks you guys for hard work!!!!!!!

• Hi everybody,

no download problems for me : 4.1 Mb/S, estimated time 2h30 [:P] ...

But i am in France, so much more closer from servers than most of you, and i am connected with fiber ...

Best

Philippe

• Went smooth here, too. Between 4 and 5 MB/s [Y]

• Where can I find the manual?

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Where can I find the manual?

User Area

Instruments Collections

Strings

Not sure if you need to be logged in....

• Logged in - not finding them there. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jack,

the Dimension Strings Manual should be available in your User Area => Instrument Collections => Strings.

If they are not, please send a screenshot that shows that you are logged in (upper right corner) to , so we can find out what´s going on.

Best,

Paul

• Found it, thanks!

• Hi Paul,

Will VSL be posting additional audio demos of Dim-Strings ?  

Hopefully Yes, and soon,

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• Hi, 

No, there will be absolutely no more demos, never again [6]

Kidding. We´re just listening to you, and then there will be more demos, of course. There will also be more videos. As always [:)]

We just need to catch our breath again to let the inspiration kick in [;)]

Best, 

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

No, there will be absolutely no more demos, never again

Kidding. We´re just listening to you, and then there will be more demos, of course. There will also be more videos. As always

We just need to catch our breath again to let the inspiration kick in

Best, 

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for confirming that additional audio & video demos will be posted in the near future. 

I will be buying Dim-Strings next week, and look forward to the release of the remaining Dim-Strings sections (violas, Cellos, Basses) whenever you have them ready for release. 

Cheers,

Muziksculp

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

We just need to catch our breath again to let the inspiration kick in

I am getting huge inspiration from this incredible new library!  I am doing a performance of my all-time favorite piece of film music using Dimension Strings and Dimension Brass and I just love the complex realism of the sound.  The D strings are more than a new library release, They are another revolution in sound from VSL.  I am noticing the resonance of each player is subtly richer from the presence of the other players on top of being different in each of their own sounds.  Also, the humanize functions are fantastic in their effect.  I am so excited by this I am having to force myself to take calm-down breaks.  I think this is beyond anything VSL has yet done!  Congratulations!