Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,543 users have contributed to 42,236 threads and 254,837 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Herb, is the Soprano Choirs the same as the one we already have?

It's exactly the same library, which was offered for Symphonic Cube users one year ago.

OK - I'm confused on that one.  So if all I want is brass repetition samples, I still have to purchase all of the other components of the library?

Yes, because all download packages of a subscription library are part of one single product. It's not possible to buy selected packages exclusively.

best

Herb

• It would have been nice to start with the woodwinds and brass before the string sections and solo strings.  I use the woodwinds and the brass the most.

Jim

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

OK - I'm confused on that one.  So if all I want is brass repetition samples, I still have to purchase all of the other components of the library?

Yes, because all download packages of a subscription library are part of one single product. It's not possible to buy selected packages exclusively.

best

Herb

OK - it just seems that the advantage of an a-la-carte system is the ability to buy what you want, or at least in the order you want it.  Is somebody really going to buy one component a month for nearly five years?!?!?!

So, basically, the SE Plus is just another library but with the option of paying in installments and delivery via download.  An interesting marketing strategy, I suppose...

Why not just sell individual articulation packages?

Thanks,

rgames

• Why not just sell individual articulation packages?

It's not our intention to offer an a-la-card system, it's our intention to offer a payment of installment system, for all users who can't affort an whole product at once. No plans for individual packages, because the logistic of registration and licences for each package individually is too complicated, because there are too many packages. Also all packages of the same instruments needs a correct order, for example the matrixfiles included in package B03 need package B01 and B02. And some more issues.

Is somebody really going to buy one component a month for nearly five years?!?!?!

I don't see the problem.  

You can buy all at once if you like,

or subscribe one, three or five packages per month,

change between these subscriptions  whenever you want,

or add  any extra amount of packages to your subscriptions.

Enough options I think.

best

Herb

• OK i was going to stay silent. But this is getting to be to much. All i hear is why cant i have this, or why cant i get this. Man come on look at it in a big picture. Either you would have to pay for it out right full price. Or just get packages you never had and more. You would just have to wait a little longer to get that package. I'm not trying to start a earth quake, but look at it in the long run. You might get stuff you didn't have and find new ways to add it to your master peace. And there other who have a chance to get what you had all along and enjoy too. Yes i know some stuff is already what you have. But if you could afford those them. then this should be chump change. I dont work for them, i just know I alway come to vsl and read these post of what you guys talk about and wish i had what you had. No matter what I don't think this is the end, i think this is the start of something big VSL has up there sleeve. Come on let make some music. And too I know you guys are working hard. Why dont we have a place where we can hear more work from VSL user. I writing this with a smile. And left over honey baked ham sandwish. Cya

• I agree CplusE.

VSL lads this is F'ing brilliant!

• Is the Concert Guitar library now in 24 bit format?

• Is the Concert Guitar library now in 24 bit format?

Yes, all products are 24 bit.
    best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@Steve MArtin said:

downloading can be very expensive - for instance - I am on a wireless download here in Australia - 3gig a month costs me $150, or 1 gig for $50 a month. 

How crazy this seems ! You should go in a web cafe with a USB storage key or ask a friend of yours letting you use his internet connection. Are you willing to download the VI with your mobile phone ?? It looks like. This download offer is a way to reduce costs of DVD printing, packaging, transport, shop sales, and make us benefit of some lower prices. That's what appears to be the deal.

• I think I'll be getting the Choir as soon as I can. This looks great.

• yes, im also getting the choirs asap, i have been waitnig for proper legato choirs quite a while now .

Are there legato transitiions at different speeds here, or just 1 basic one?

Also, the guy that is payin 150$ a month or whatever for dloads...

it IS not mandatory to download VSL just becouse it is a new option, you can offcourse still just buy the product on a dvd, or so i presume anyway.

So this subscription biznizz, will it increase or decrease the total cost of the special edition?

Soory, my mind is too numb for advanced mathematics right now hehe.

ANother great point about downloads, is pricing, since i live in a Country where everything costs 50% more than the announced original price in Euros, i do very much welconme direct downlaods,  bypassing those pesky import taxes altogether.

• I would just like to get a rough idea of how the new SE plus articulations compare generally with the same articulation types in the full VI library. For example, differences in the actual no. of repetitions in the perf reps patches SE+ versus the full VI library ..... and that sort of thing. (of course I'm sure it will sound great as the SE standard already does :) )

• If we download the Choirs will we get a discount when the full Choir library comes out? 

• I would just like to get a rough idea of how the new SE plus articulations compare generally with the same articulation types in the full VI library.

There shouldn't be any difference, because for example all the included repetition patches do have already whole tone steps an no more velocity layers than 3 in the larger VI versions.

If we download the Choirs will we get a discount when the full Choir library comes out? 

We don't know yet, because it's not clear if any parts of this soprano choir will be included in the final big choir product.

best

Herb

• Herb, i'm sure you've looked at this; if licences for each package are too complicated do you have a system that stops someone ordering the first download installment, receiving the VI and VE player, putting the licence on a Synchrosoft key then getting a dub of someone else's full product then not proceeding with the remainder of installments? It's in the interest of long term VSL users as well as VSL that your investment is protected! Julian

• Yes, we've looked at this, there is more than one licence included, but not 110 individual licenses.

best

Herb

• Herb, I could'nt benefit from the free choir ofer some time ago because I did'nt have the complete VI package. Now I have it, there is certainly some VSL users in the same case. Could we have a 50% off the main price because we own the 10 main VSL volumes or more ? One other question: Do you plan to record some "mm" articulations (closed mouth) ? hope so '-)

• Hi Herb!

This is my first post. I haven't any VSL libraries yet. I'm interested in buying the 17 first packages (strings). After that, maybe I'd like the rest, but I'm not sure. Is this possible? (to quit from the subscription at some time)

Thanks!

Dani 

• Another question.  I originally bought the giga versions of concert guitar and overdrive.  I then side-licensed them to K2 format sometime later.  Will there be a side-license option for the new VI versions for giga/K2 version owners?