Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,540 users have contributed to 42,306 threads and 255,098 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• manu, i think we didn't welcome you so far ...

though unfortunately i can only understand a few parts of your post (especially not the paragraph about loans) it is always nice to notice how someone racks ones brains over the relation between VSL, distributors and users - to my knowledge both are not too bad ...

lets see how the *samples to the desk* incentive works for certain products - others will need DVDs for the forseeable future.

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • Not poor, but not rich people, like me, makes counts when they buy things. I'm sad you didn't get the idea about the "loan" part of my post, probably my vocabulary is not right (you know: I'm talking about that thing... with rate of interest, that poor people - like me again - are using frequently to buy things they can afford in one shot, but painfully, after months or years... or maybe try to use your imagination when I'm talking about 11 months=5 packages/month vs 56 months=1 package/month final price).

I'm looking forward to buy the SE+ to complete my SE&ext anyhow.

Now christian, please, don't be so rude to people like me...
    In return, I promise to stop spamming this forum with my stupid poor english-ed and cynical posts.
    Bye.

• if i understand right (rate of interest) this does not apply. you pay for 1 package, you receive 1 package. you pay for 5 packages, you receive 5 packages. no loan, no interest, no need to calculate something ... the final price is always the same - or i simply don't get the essence ...

if you compare it to the *get all 56 packages now* version - those guys don't keep their money at the bank and so loose, whereas VSL earns interest yield, so making this purchase a little bit cheaper is pretty fair ... no?

christian

• I just downloaded the upright Bass today and it was PAINLESS! Okay, I forgot that I had to use the Syncrosoft license manager but aside from that, it was simple. I got up and running once I downloaded the library in minutes. I love this method. And honestly, it capitalizes on those impulse buyers like myself who, if I thought about it a little more, then drove to my local music store, I might pass on. Luckily I did not and I have gotta say this bass library is great. 5 gig library for $100? VSL style? C'mon it's a no-brainer! Keep up the great work guys. As for manu, well dude, I'm also not rich and I do try to measure my purchases. $600 Canadian is too steep for the entire Vienna SE + library in one shot so I'm glad they are doing this subscription thing. Also, it's NICE to look forward to getting some new sounds every month. At least, that's my glass-is-half-full perspective. Cheer!

• Hi VSL Folks!

I have a question about the download product prices.

Are you going to offer the download products in US dollar prices, like you do the regular boxed sets?  The reason why I ask is because a conversion of 460 EUROS = 673 US DOLLARS (current market value).  I see that your Special Editions Boxed sets run 465 EUROS for SE Extended advertised in US DOLLARS at $595 on you website.  See the dilemma here?

Thanks, Brian

• currently there are no plans to display these prices in another currency than EUR because the exchange rates - especially to the US dollar -  is crazy. and this means not only the number as such but also the very dynamic changes.

USD to EUR

according to the current rate the EUR 465.- Special Edition Extended had to convert to USD 682.-, but there hes been no price increase for almost a year now http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/p/9720/72548.aspx and the *vsl exchange rate* for boxed products is still about 1.3

of course we could also display the prices in another currency, but the resulting numbers would not look *elegant* (eg. 13.93 for a subscription package) and the regular changes would be irritating.

christian