Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,532 users have contributed to 42,306 threads and 255,097 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• I think I'll be getting the Choir as soon as I can. This looks great.

• yes, im also getting the choirs asap, i have been waitnig for proper legato choirs quite a while now .

Are there legato transitiions at different speeds here, or just 1 basic one?

Also, the guy that is payin 150$ a month or whatever for dloads...

it IS not mandatory to download VSL just becouse it is a new option, you can offcourse still just buy the product on a dvd, or so i presume anyway.

So this subscription biznizz, will it increase or decrease the total cost of the special edition?

Soory, my mind is too numb for advanced mathematics right now hehe.

ANother great point about downloads, is pricing, since i live in a Country where everything costs 50% more than the announced original price in Euros, i do very much welconme direct downlaods,  bypassing those pesky import taxes altogether.

• I would just like to get a rough idea of how the new SE plus articulations compare generally with the same articulation types in the full VI library. For example, differences in the actual no. of repetitions in the perf reps patches SE+ versus the full VI library ..... and that sort of thing. (of course I'm sure it will sound great as the SE standard already does :) )

• If we download the Choirs will we get a discount when the full Choir library comes out? 

• I would just like to get a rough idea of how the new SE plus articulations compare generally with the same articulation types in the full VI library.

There shouldn't be any difference, because for example all the included repetition patches do have already whole tone steps an no more velocity layers than 3 in the larger VI versions.

If we download the Choirs will we get a discount when the full Choir library comes out? 

We don't know yet, because it's not clear if any parts of this soprano choir will be included in the final big choir product.

best

Herb

• Herb, i'm sure you've looked at this; if licences for each package are too complicated do you have a system that stops someone ordering the first download installment, receiving the VI and VE player, putting the licence on a Synchrosoft key then getting a dub of someone else's full product then not proceeding with the remainder of installments? It's in the interest of long term VSL users as well as VSL that your investment is protected! Julian

• Yes, we've looked at this, there is more than one licence included, but not 110 individual licenses.

best

Herb

• Herb, I could'nt benefit from the free choir ofer some time ago because I did'nt have the complete VI package. Now I have it, there is certainly some VSL users in the same case. Could we have a 50% off the main price because we own the 10 main VSL volumes or more ? One other question: Do you plan to record some "mm" articulations (closed mouth) ? hope so '-)

• Hi Herb!

This is my first post. I haven't any VSL libraries yet. I'm interested in buying the 17 first packages (strings). After that, maybe I'd like the rest, but I'm not sure. Is this possible? (to quit from the subscription at some time)

Thanks!

Dani 

• Another question.  I originally bought the giga versions of concert guitar and overdrive.  I then side-licensed them to K2 format sometime later.  Will there be a side-license option for the new VI versions for giga/K2 version owners?

• Hi again.

I have another question. The list price of the VSL SE Standard is 345€, but in the downloable instruments section, it lists a 460€ price, and it doesn't seem to have the Apassionatas bonus, for example. Am I right? Is it more expensive to have it via subscription?

And, in the case you can stop the subscription at any time, could I subscribe to download the 17 first packages (strings) of VSL SE and then subscribe to VSL SE Plus, and download the "Plus" articulations for the string sections ( 24 first packages? 

If this is possible to do, I'm going to have the strings as soon as the download system is online. 

Thanks!

• Hi, Herb,

Are any appasionnata articulations included in the extended download packages?

Thks,

Iván 

• Hola Iván!

Is there any downloable Extended packages? I had understood only SE Standard and SE Plus would be available for download, but not VSL SE Extended. Am I wrong?

Saludos desde Barna! 

• Herb, I could'nt benefit from the free choir ofer some time ago because I did'nt have the complete VI package. Now I have it, there is certainly some VSL users in the same case. Could we have a 50% off the main price because we own the 10 main VSL volumes or more ?

Sorry. it's not possible, because the choir product is only based on one standard licence (no extended content) therefor we can not offer VIP prices for this product.

I haven't any VSL libraries yet. I'm interested in buying the 17 first packages (strings). After that, maybe I'd like the rest, but I'm not sure. Is this possible?

This should be possible

I originally bought the giga versions of concert guitar and overdrive.  I then side-licensed them to K2 format sometime later.  Will there be a side-license option for the new VI versions for giga/K2 version owners?

If you are locked in and your Horizon Concert Guitar/Overdrive are registered to your account, you should see your VIP prices in the "Your price" columne. The extended price will display a discount of 50 €  for each product.

Are any appasionnata articulations included in the extended download packages?

At the moment we only offer downloads for the Standard library and Standard Library Plus which includes more articulations for all string and wind instruments included in the Standard library (no extra instruments)

Appassionatas are part of the Extended version of the DVD product, therefor there is no download option for any appassionata articulations.

best

Herb 

• This sounds like a great idea! And an affordable one for those of us on a budget. Having gotten used to downloadable VIs from the Cakewalk site, I can tell you that I'll be subscribing without thinking twice about it. The only thing to remember is to back up the files to CD or DVD just in case the harddrive collapses. I'm sure this is possible since the sounds are unlocked via the Syncrosoft key correct? BTW- how will this work? Will we have to transfer the downloaded data files to our existing VSL Vienna library? How will the licenses work to unlock them? What is your favorite color Herb? Sorry. A little Monty Python goes a long way. Also, how much will the DVD of all of the additional instruments cost? I suppose I could do the math but I'm lazy.

• Hello, This question is just not for herb, but anyone on the forum. I need to know since I don’t really know articulations to well. If I buy the SE out right on DVD also getting the Extended. That mean I wont need the Subscription. But if I get the SE without the extended, I could subscribe to the SE Plus and that will build the Extended little by little. Is this the way this is working. Also this is to you herd, any future thoughts on Video training demo. Just a full dvd just dedicated to VSL.

• last edited
    last edited

@CplusE said:

But if I get the SE without the extended, I could subscribe to the SE Plus and that will build the Extended little by little.

Not as I understand it; SE plus is completely different from SE Extended, and adds articulations to the SE Standard content.  It does not include any SE Extended content, nor any enhancements to that content.  As Herb said in an earlier reply, there are no Appassionata strings articulations in SE Plus, for example, because they're not part of SE standard.

• Yes,I am a little confused as well.

Sooooo,does one NEED to own SE (the DVD version) in order to "subscribe" or does the subscription install the necessary samples? Also,will there be a list of articulations listed for the "overdrive" libraries?

Thanks,

luces

• I have the standard special edition, bought in the normal dvd format about half a year ago or so. So, if I wanted to buy the special edition plus, it would cost a total of 460 euro = 678.27 USD. I bought the standard special edition for about $450. So I would be spending about 1 1/2 times as much on the upgrade as on the original. The upgrade only includes extra articulations for the string and woodwinds that we already have. So, my question is, how close to the complete orchestral strings and woodwinds does this get us? I assume it isn't complete, because it ends up being cheaper, but it might be close to half the price. Might we standard special edition users have an upgrade path to the complete strings and woodwinds coming through these downloads, so that we do not need to buy articulations we already have if we were to buy the two orchestral strings packages? If not, it seems that if I wanted to, at some point, end up getting the complete orchestral cube (as I hope to), the special edition plus would just be a waste of money, and it would be better to save a little more and get one of the packages of the cube. I hope I am making myself clear. Thanks.

Colin Thomson 

• Yeah that's the only sticking point for me. I also bought the Extended Library for $595 which I thought was a phenomenal deal because you get Epic Horns, Appassionata Strings, some extra winds, Guitars, etc. From what the list on Vienna Plus looks like is simply additional articulations for the existing Vienna SE Standard library. I don't mean to be negative as I am totally excited by the download prospect but the uprgade price on the total DVD set is more than the Extended Library which did include all new instruments compared to the Standard set.