Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,011 users have contributed to 42,334 threads and 255,219 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 4 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• So, wait until there's more information posted before you decide if you want to preorder. This is not rocket science...

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • last edited
    last edited

@Bill said:

So, wait until there's more information posted before you decide if you want to preorder. This is not rocket science...

Idem for me, I wait for AU3ā€¦

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, The Bonus Taiko is an enthusiastic gesture to thank ourearly adopters for their trust, and also to welcome everbody who is just getting to know our products with VE Pro 7. There's so much to discover with our Synchron Series products, and Epic Orchestra 2.0 is the perfect tool to dive in and check out the possibilities. Who knows, maybe there will be more free add-ons? Best,Paul
    Hi Paul, I think you are not addressing the concerns of a lot of people, here and in other forums, about the new upgrade policy, (for a lot of users upgrading cost have doubled, since upgrading last time was 85eur with three licenses), and continue focusing in the added sample material, which they probably have covered. When we bought VEP and built our systems around them we didnā€™t knew that the price to stay current would double (you have said that development focus is on v7 now), I think you will understand that you look like you are focusing more on new customers than current users, which is healthy for business growth, but you will understand why those users could feel a little neglected. I also know that the sample content is viewed as a gateway to your bigger libraires, but I think the best course would be to present your users an option: if you need vep without any additional licenses, you can purchase it as it stands now, if you need your three licenses, and are not planning to download the orchestra, you can purchase the upgrade (maybe with a cost increase but not double from previous upgrades?). I know that you can charge what you think the market will pay and thatā€™s ok, but I also know that is important to keep customers happy šŸ˜Š I say this with the upmost respect, because VEP is very important to my setup, and I wish to keep using and supporting it.

^^^This! It may be that the majority of VSL's customers don't use networking, but, it seems that statistic doesn't hold within the vocal sub-population here. I purchased VEP precisely because other users, whom I trust, were outwardly enthusiastic about the network features.  

• As a user since 2001 I was really excited to hear about this and had to pre-order instantly.  Vienna Instruments is the best sampling software, and the upgrades have been totally worth it every time.  I am actually very conservative with a lot of software and often avoid upgrading, but with VSL the newer versions have always been a great improvement.  

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

The Bonus Taiko is an enthusiastic gesture to thank our early adopters for their trust, and also to welcome everbody who is just getting to know our products with VE Pro 7. There's so much to discover with our Synchron Series products, and Epic Orchestra 2.0 is the perfect tool to dive in and check out the possibilities. 

Who knows, maybe there will be more free add-ons?

Best,
    Paul

I like free addons...

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, The Bonus Taiko is an enthusiastic gesture to thank ourearly adopters for their trust, and also to welcome everbody who is just getting to know our products with VE Pro 7. There's so much to discover with our Synchron Series products, and Epic Orchestra 2.0 is the perfect tool to dive in and check out the possibilities. Who knows, maybe there will be more free add-ons? Best,Paul
    I like free addons... I don't. I will never use them. I only want VEpro 7 and nothing more. I have everything else I need. But this upgrade, will be very expensive. So have to wait and see what's in this upgrade, to see if it's worth it

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

I like free addons...
    I would like them too. But for this I have to buy less Libraries in the future.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

I like free addons... I don't. I will never use them. I only want VEpro 7 and nothing more. I have everything else I need. But this upgrade, will be very expensive. So have to wait and see what's in this upgrade, to see if it's worth it I like free add-ons IF they bring something great to the table that I don't have otherwise. Taikos I got covered big time through East West Stormdrum 2. Give me a functional VEPro7 upgrade that makes financial sense - you know like grandfathering in those of us who have a 3 license VEPro 6 to a 3 license VEPro 7 without added expense.

• Imagine a world where VEP7 is much better than you expected & really helps you do what you love to do.

• I've been using VEP5 since I can remember, I think when it was first released I purchased it. I did not buy VEP6 because I read on here there was a lot of issues with it but that was when it was first released.

This is also my first ever post on here because I never ever had a single issue with VEP5 Pro whatsoever and I can close my eyes and tell you everything about VEP5 as I use it all the time. All I can say VEP5 Pro is one heck of an application and I just hope and pray VEP7 Pro is even better since I just purchased it.

Hopefully they will have a release date soon? Soon is a chinese word and it could mean tomorrow or a year from now....LOL

• last edited
    last edited

@concan said:

Hi Paul,
    my current Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 license contains 3 single licenses. Do they stay with an upgrade to VEP 7 or do I have to buy 2 single licenses?

Best Rainer

I also would like an answer to this question. I did notice I only recieved 1 VEP7 license after upgrading but I already have 3 VEP5 licenses so shouldn't we also receive the same amount of licenses with the upgrade?

I'm not complaining $45 is not a huge problem for me but for others it could.

• Am I right in assuming that the ā‚¬45 for the additional liceneces is the normal price and is not on offer, so no need to pre-order to get that price ?

• last edited
    last edited

@concan said:

Hi Paul,
    my current Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 license contains 3 single licenses. Do they stay with an upgrade to VEP 7 or do I have to buy 2 single licenses?

Best Rainer

I also would like an answer to this question. I did notice I only recieved 1 VEP7 license after upgrading but I already have 3 VEP5 licenses so shouldn't we also receive the same amount of licenses with the upgrade?

I'm not complaining $45 is not a huge problem for me but for others it could.

In a fair world those of us who have 3 licenses in VEPro 6 would get the same amount of licenses in the VEPro 7 upgrade. But it's not a fair world unfortunately. Vienna made a business decision that's making a lot of people angry. Also unfortunately this is the only product of it's type out there so it's the old supply & demand rule: we have the supply and can demand whatever the heck we want.

To clarify something: posters here are stating costs but with the wrong descriptor for a particular cost. That 45 figure is in euros; the American dollar amount is $51.12 at current exchange rates acording to Vienna. Yes it looks like there is no intro price break on the extra licenses (phooey). However the upgrade price if you already have VEPro 6 is $85.21 US and 75 euros (I mistakenly typed 145 euros).

• No, it's $85.21 US and 90 euros to give you 3 licenses.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi,

The introductory price will be available until the software is released, and we will announce all changes in pricing agead of time.

45 EUR for an additional upgrade license is the introductory price, like it says on the VE PRO 7 product page:

Upgrade Offer
    The upgrade price to Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is currently ā‚¬75 (reg. ā‚¬95) for the first license, and it includes Epic Orchestra 2.0, free of charge. Additional Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 upgrade licenses are offered at ā‚¬45 (reg. ā‚¬65) each. When you're logged in, the reduced price is automatically shown as ā€œYour Priceā€ if youā€™ve already registered Vienna Ensemble Pro 4, 5 or 6.

Full Purchase
    If youā€™re new to Vienna Ensemble Pro, now is a great time to jump aboard! The introductory price of Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 including Epic Orchestra 2.0 is ā‚¬145 (reg. ā‚¬195). To run Vienna Ensemble Pro on more computers, additional licenses are available at ā‚¬65 (reg. ā‚¬95) each. You may download and install Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 from MyVSL anytime.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

The introductory price will be available until the software is released, and we will announce all changes in pricing agead of time. 

45 EUR for an additional upgrade license is the introductory price, like it says on the VE PRO 7 product page

Upgrade Offer
    The upgrade price to Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 is currently ā‚¬75 (reg. ā‚¬95) for the first license, and it includes Epic Orchestra 2.0, free of charge. Additional Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 upgrade licenses are offered at ā‚¬45 (reg. ā‚¬65) each. When you're logged in, the reduced price is automatically shown as ā€œYour Priceā€ if youā€™ve already registered Vienna Ensemble Pro 4, 5 or 6.

Full Purchase
    If youā€™re new to Vienna Ensemble Pro, now is a great time to jump aboard! The introductory price of Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 including Epic Orchestra 2.0 is ā‚¬145 (reg. ā‚¬195). To run Vienna Ensemble Pro on more computers, additional licenses are available at ā‚¬65 (reg. ā‚¬95) each. You may download and install Vienna Ensemble Pro 6 from MyVSL anytime.

Best,
    Paul

I donĀ“t understand, the 45Eur UPGRADE per license is the PREORDER price?

Or the 45Eur offer has no time limit for users upgrading?

Paul, I think the company is not adressing a lot of the issues raised by lots of customers, the three licences cutting is a though pill to swallow. Again, VEP is a excellent piece of software which shouldnĀ“t need for an epic orchestra bundle offer for people upgrading, a lot of us donĀ“t need those samples, we just want our three licenses.

And now, if I am reading correctly, if we donĀ“t upgrade before the preorder ends the price to match VEP6 configuration would be: 95+65+65=225Eur????

EDIT: IĀ“ve checked and I bought VEP6 for U$244, is VSL seriously willing to ask more for the upgrade than the original purchase? nice way to treat your customers.

• The only feature that will be worth of upgrading is audio over lan capability. If VE can handle transfer of virtual instrument audio, it can handle direct soundcard inputs too.

If you implement this, Audiante Dante will see bankrupcy and whole Synchron Stage can switch to your technology...

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

45 EUR for an additional upgrade license is the introductory price, like it says on the VE PRO 7 product page

Upgrade Offer

Full Purchase

Best,
    Paul

But if you look at the left side of the page in the boxes that are just to the left of the 'Details: Epic Orchestra 2.0' paragraphs in the 'additional license' line it only shows one price of 45 euros with nothing that says it's an upgrade or regular full price. Conflicting info.

• last edited
    last edited

@icecubeman said:

The only feature that will be worth of upgrading is audio over lan capability. If VE can handle transfer of virtual instrument audio, it can handle direct soundcard inputs too.

If you implement this, Audiante Dante will see bankrupcy and whole Synchron Stage can switch to your technology...

VEPro already can handle transfer of vi audio over ethernet which is a completely different animal than soundcard audio. Just because it can handle one doesn't mean it can handle the other.

• last edited
    last edited

@icecubeman said:

The only feature that will be worth of upgrading is audio over lan capability.

Well, VST3-Support would be nice. That would enable me to install many of my plugins VST3 only.