Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,398 users have contributed to 42,225 threads and 254,779 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?

+1111

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

Hi Paul,

looks like an interesting offer.

I have a suggestion. For some of us (- who are hardcore-fans and collect your libraries like crazy -) the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is no real benefit.
    So, what about giving us the.Choice to give up Epic Orchestra 2.0 and instead receiving 3 license-upgrades instead of only one? That would be great and would definitely make more sense!

Thanks.

Best,
    Lars

+1. 
    Owning almost all VSL libraries EO2 is basically redundant!
    I'm though curious and excited to hear what might be new in VEP7.  

• last edited
    last edited

@pablo1980 said:

I am also not interested in the orchestra, but I now see that the three licenses I have with VEP6 are gone and I have to pay 165 euros to upgrade?

If this is the case I won't upgrade. This is a downgrade with a price tag.

You guys realy know how to turn off existing customers - especially after the Synchron Strings release desaster.

And as many mentioned: Epic orchestra is completely uninteresting for the majority of your customes since they own the sounds already or have bigger and better libraries.

• I do not need any license for the product that I am not going to use because I bought the Synchron Strings Pro. Not only you are giving out part of this to people (wanting me to pay twice for the part of Synchron Strings). Please give us an option to choose the second license upgrade for the second computer not just force us to upgrade the Orchestra.

• Yes, what about making an option of just VEP without the orchestra and the FX and keep the three licenses, with a lower update price.

I think the update was 75 euros from v5 to v6, now it goes to 165 for me, and adds sample content I will not download.

• Good Morning!

I have a question about VE Pro 7, can I buy the upgrade licenses right now? I currently have Pro 6. Also, assuming I can buy the upgrade licenses, will I also get the Epic Orchestra 2.0? I just checked out the demos and I really like what I hear.

Keep up the great work with the software and samples.

-W

• Hi,

will VE 7 support WIn 7 still?
    And I guess it will be VST3 also?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody!

We are also excited about VE Pro 7, and we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days.
    It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close.

There is no pressure to purchase VE Pro 7 right away.
    Please don't forget: You didn't know about VE Pro 7 before yesterday evening... We're happy to hear that everybody is happy with VE Pro 6!

Here are a few answers to your questions regarding VE Pro 7:

1) License policy: We noticed that more and more VE Pro users don't use the network function, so we decided to make single licenses available optionally. Again, this is only optional and comes with some great advantages, e.g., if you need four licenses you no longer need to purchase two bundles of three licenses...

The first license will come with Epic Orchestra 2.0 and it will have a higher price tag than the additional licenses.

2) "Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7?"

=> Sure, you don't have to install Epic Orchestra 2.0: You can also install only portions of the Epic Orchestra 2.0.

3) Now here is the deal with Epic Orchestra 2.0: This is simply a great opportunity to check out our Synchron Series. It's a free add-on to VE Pro 7 and it's very impressive. Check out those audio demos again. If you think you can't use such a library, this could be worth a second thought....

More details will be posted soon.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi everybody!

We are also excited about VE Pro 7, and we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days.
    It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close.  

There is no pressure to purchase VE Pro 7 right away.
    Please don't forget: You didn't know about VE Pro 7 before yesterday evening... We're happy to hear that everybody is happy with VE Pro 6!

Here are a few answers to your questions regarding VE Pro 7: 

1) License policy: We noticed that more and more VE Pro users don't use the network function, so we decided to make single licenses available optionally. Again, this is only optional and comes with some great advantages, e.g., if you need four licenses you no longer need to purchase two bundles of three licenses...

The first license will come with Epic Orchestra 2.0 and it will have a higher price tag than the additional licenses.

2) "Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7?"

=> Sure, you don't have to install Epic Orchestra 2.0: You can also install only portions of the Epic Orchestra 2.0.

3) Now here is the deal with Epic Orchestra 2.0: This is simply a great opportunity to check out our Synchron Series. It's a free add-on to VE Pro 7 and it's very impressive. Check out those audio demos again. If you think you can't use such a library, this could be worth a second thought....

More details will be posted soon. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul, is there not a chance for you to rethink the upgrade path?

I will go from three free licenses which I use, to only one license, and will have to buy the additional licenses. I just want to upgrade VEP, I am not interested in the sample content. I think you are making harder for your loyal customers to support you.

I can´t see no advantage in the new license policy for me, or anyone who uses servers. Please, think about an option to have more licenses included without the orchestra.

Thanks

• Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

• You didn't get 3 free lieenses; the price was higher to include 3 licenses.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Such a shame about the licensing change. As VEPro is in the main an audio networking solution it really should come with at least two licenses, if not three, and then the option to add additional single licenses. I also have no need for the epic orchestra, would prefer if it was an optional extra price wise.

• Just paid for the Pre-Order upgrade.

Seemingly the Epic Orchestra is included only secondarily as a value for the customer, the primary value being promotional. VSL hopes that after trying the Synchron Player some number of people will begin to purchase libraries it supports. Given the investment of capital, time and effort that VSL has put into the Synchron Player and it's libraries, it is important to them that they become mainstream.

Anyway, given this seeming fact, it's hard to think that VSL would be open to "cashing in" the Epic Orchestra for an additional license, since the value proposition is primarily for VSL more so than the customer. EO is a promotional throw-in.

I for one only use a single VEP license, so the issue of three licenses does not affect me, but I do understand that it does indeed affect a large number of users. If I recall correctly looking at the product page, the VEP7 upgrade price for additional licenses is 45 euros, so it would be 165 euros to upgrade three licenses. 

Edited to add,

I do not own any Synchron libraries and at this point have no plans to buy them. But we should bear in mind that the Synchron Player does not have an upgraded Pro version. With VI libraries most of us felt the need to upgrade to VI Pro. That is an expense Synchron owners do not have.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?
    Is there multi port for Logic??

+1

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

Such an idiotic statement!

The firm does not tell us anything further ... so it should be OK to ask some questions!

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

Such an idiotic statement!

The firm does not tell us anything further ... so it should be OK to ask some questions!

Of course it's ok to ask questions. Complaining without having heard their answer is not. They said they will be revealing everything in the days to come.

• Clarification on the license issues:

If we upgrade to VEPro 7 will we still have the three licenses we now have in VEPro 6?

Can VEPro 6 and 7 coexist on the same computer and Vienna key?

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Clarification on the license issues:

If we upgrade to VEPro 7 will we still have the three licenses we now have in VEPro 6?

Can VEPro 6 and 7 coexist on the same computer and Vienna key?

I just purchased the upgrade and eLicenser shows VEP7 as a separate license from VEP5 and 6. So my guess is yes, you still keep your 3 VEP6 licenses.

• So, let's sum up:

'THE MAGNIFICIENT SEVEN' (waow!)
    Great news, I can't stand learning about the magnificient VEpro7!

1- Pre-order (mmm... don't know)
    3- 'Epic Orchestra 2.0' - once more some old bank recycling, I don't get it, are you talking about VEpro7 or?
    2- 'Single licenses available!' - it means not 3 licenses anymore, less than before but why not.
    3- Integrated fx - looks like some Vienna Suite Pro stuff recycling, ok but what about 7 itself?.
    4- 'Many more features!': waow, I'm impressed, too many infos in one shot, I have to read it once more: 'Many more features!'

So, your offer is to pre-order a software we don't know anything else about than 'many more features'. Not one single image or feature, nada. What's 'magnificient' there ? Some recycled stuff, software or bank ?

Regarding what I expected from the 'sample reinvention' and the 'ultimate in realism and expressiveness' and what I got then, be assured I won't go to any pre-order for my concern.

You definitely have baroque announcements, communication and marketing practises, at least...

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

I totally agree with that. People were complaining about the fact that you had to buy the whole bundle again to get a 4th license, and now that you can buy individual licenses, they're still complaining. If the upgrade contained the three licenses, the price would have been much higher than 75 euros. And the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is a free bonus but they're even complaining about that. So yes, definitly the worst custommers ever.