Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi LAJ, 

The german word "Vorfreude" captures what we feel here in Vienna pretty well: I'd translate it with "pleasant anticipation".

More features will be announced as soon as I am 100% sure that everything they work as they should, in all possible environments. Will definitely keep you in the loop!

BTW: We just added our Giant Taiko drum as a BONUS and THANK YOU for all early adopters ðŸ˜Š
    Find the download file here

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

I hope VSL has learned their lesson from this fiasco.  

• Hello,

I have just upgraded 2 licencses of VEP6 to VE7.

I own 3 licenses, what will happen with the third one for VEP6?

2. Where will be the promised Taiko Drum access?

Keep up the good work, I believe the VEP is the best thing that could happen to musician ever. It  is good that you can invest in a powerful PC that is cheaper than a second Mac for your DAW, so there is alwyas a benefit.

Tell me please, do you have ANY plans, because the worst thing for me is that

1. you have to map automations through automation 2. That it is not compatibile with NI Complete, a pity and 3. Logic MULTI output, this is the most sad thing. Do you work on it?

with best regards

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Adia,

1) Your VE PRO 6 licenses will stay as they are.

2) Bonus files can be found with your Synchron Library Downloads.

3) More information as soon as our features are confirmed!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I notice from an email from VSL that the introductory offer expires on Feb 28th,  so if we don't get more info on what VEP7 is before then,  will this introductory offer be extended ?  or do we really just have to buy something and hope it does something we want ?

• I am very confused why everyone is so hostile about this release. I just purchased it. With a very modest investment I am recieving version 6, I will have version 7 when it is released. The new Epic Orchestra 2.0 is 10 times the size of the previous version, and it has Synchron compatibilty with some samples.  It is included for free yet some people are still complaining about it. Sounds like people are upset about having to pay to upgrade to a newer version, but this is normal with most software. You will still have your multiple license verision of 6 to use if you have invested in it, And nothing is to stop you from purchasing one or two upgrade licenses if you need them. I think it is a great deal and I look forward to using it. 

• last edited
    last edited

@andyjh said:

I notice from an email from VSL that the introductory offer expires on Feb 28th,  so if we don't get more info on what VEP7 is before then,  will this introductory offer be extended ?  or do we really just have to buy something and hope it does something we want ?

The emails I got from both VSL and ILIO on Feb 19 did not have an expiration date for the intro offer. Where did you see the date you mention?

• last edited
    last edited

@Remoteguy said:

I am very confused why everyone is so hostile about this release. I just purchased it. With a very modest investment I am recieving version 6, I will have version 7 when it is released. The new Epic Orchestra 2.0 is 10 times the size of the previous version, and it has Synchron compatibilty with some samples.  It is included for free yet some people are still complaining about it. Sounds like people are upset about having to pay to upgrade to a newer version, but this is normal with most software. You will still have your multiple license verision of 6 to use if you have invested in it, And nothing is to stop you from purchasing one or two upgrade licenses if you need them. I think it is a great deal and I look forward to using it. 

The problem is NOT having to pay for the upgrade to version 7 but having to pay extra to keep the same amount of licenses one already has. With the upgrade you actually lose 2 licenses if you don't pay extra for them. I've never seen a program where you lose the amount of licenses you get when a new version comes out.

• I have 3 licenses of VEP6. I bought 2 upgrades to 7. Have I lost 2 licenses because I am confused??

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

I have 3 licenses of VEP6. I bought 2 upgrades to 7. Have I lost 2 licenses because I am confused??
    Why did you buy two upgrades? You only needed one upgrade and pay for any extra licenses at a lower price.

• last edited
    last edited

This is what I did, so WHAT have I lost acording to you?

@Adia said:

I have 3 licenses of VEP6. I bought 2 upgrades to 7. Have I lost 2 licenses because I am confused??
    Why did you buy two upgrades? You only needed one upgrade and pay for any extra licenses at a lower price.

• last edited
    last edited

@Adia said:

Now you have two licenses - one on each VEPro 7 upgrade. Again - why did you buy two upgrades? You didn't lose anything except for some money. But compared to VEPro 6 you're down one license asset.

• last edited
    last edited

@Remoteguy said:

I am very confused why everyone is so hostile about this release. I just purchased it. With a very modest investment I am recieving version 6, I will have version 7 when it is released. The new Epic Orchestra 2.0 is 10 times the size of the previous version, and it has Synchron compatibilty with some samples.  It is included for free yet some people are still complaining about it. Sounds like people are upset about having to pay to upgrade to a newer version, but this is normal with most software. You will still have your multiple license verision of 6 to use if you have invested in it, And nothing is to stop you from purchasing one or two upgrade licenses if you need them. I think it is a great deal and I look forward to using it. 

The problem is NOT having to pay for the upgrade to version 7 but having to pay extra to keep the same amount of licenses one already has. With the upgrade you actually lose 2 licenses if you don't pay extra for them. I've never seen a program where you lose the amount of licenses you get when a new version comes out.

You don't lose two licenses. You don't lose any licenses. However you do have to pay to upgrade each license if you want them to be on version 7. Nothing is stopping you from using your other 2 version 6 licenses as nobody has taken them away from you.  I am not trying to be unsympethetic to your situation, but upgrades are completely at your discretion. And it sounds like you only need one license for a Master and a Slave computer....

• last edited
    last edited

@Remoteguy said:

I am very confused why everyone is so hostile about this release. I just purchased it. With a very modest investment I am recieving version 6, I will have version 7 when it is released. The new Epic Orchestra 2.0 is 10 times the size of the previous version, and it has Synchron compatibilty with some samples. It is included for free yet some people are still complaining about it. Sounds like people are upset about having to pay to upgrade to a newer version, but this is normal with most software. You will still have your multiple license verision of 6 to use if you have invested in it, And nothing is to stop you from purchasing one or two upgrade licenses if you need them. I think it is a great deal and I look forward to using it.
    The problem is NOT having to pay for the upgrade to version 7 but having to pay extra to keep the same amount of licenses one already has. With the upgrade you actually lose 2 licenses if you don't pay extra for them. I've never seen a program where you lose the amount of licenses you get when a new version comes out. You don't lose two licenses. You don't lose any licenses. However you do have to pay to upgrade each license if you want them to be on version 7. Nothing is stopping you from using your other 2 version 6 licenses as nobody has taken them away from you. I am not trying to be unsympethetic to your situation, but upgrades are completely at your discretion. And it sounds like you only need one license for a Master and a Slave computer.... Yes but upgrading is the way to keep current, and updated, so in a way for some people the price for keeping up to date has doubled.

• I only see 1 license on one of my iLok's

I too had the 3 license setup from before 

• VEP 6 is $285.

VEP 7 is $75 for the first license...

plus $45 for the second...

plus $45 for the third...

My math shows that to upgrade all three is $165. That is 58% of the cost of VEP 6, not double.

• last edited
    last edited

@adriaantaylor said:

I only see 1 license on one of my iLok's

I too had the 3 license setup from before 

VEPro does not use iLok. Even on the Vienna key you'll only see 1 license for VEPro 6; the other 2 (if unused) would still be in your Vienna account.

• last edited
    last edited

@littlewierdo said:

VEP 6 is $285. VEP 7 is $75 for the first license... plus $45 for the second... plus $45 for the third... My math shows that to upgrade all three is $165. That is 58% of the cost of VEP 6, not double.
    I was refrering to the cost of upgrading against the previous upgrading cost. It has indeed double due to a business decision. Upgrade from 5 to 6 (with the three licenses) was 85 Euros (100 after preorder) so in order to UPGRADE and keep using three systems, and stay current for future developments, the cost has doubled from previous upgrades. Again, I will not attempt to dictate the business path of the developers, they should charge whatever they think the market will pay, and they have developed a peoduct which hs no competition, but I sure understand why some users feel a little baffled about this business policy change.

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

I totally agree with that. People were complaining about the fact that you had to buy the whole bundle again to get a 4th license, and now that you can buy individual licenses, they're still complaining. If the upgrade contained the three licenses, the price would have been much higher than 75 euros. And the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is a free bonus but they're even complaining about that. So yes, definitly the worst custommers ever.

There's a great solution to that. Include three licenses with the base package and then sell additional licenses at the given price.  

It's pretty clear to me that people are simply saying that the upgrade costs too much. If it was $75 from VE5 to VE6 for three licenses, then it should be comparable from VE6 to VE7. You can't argue that the price would be higher if more licenses were included and then also argue that it isn't higher because the extra fluff is included. 

Beyond that, I'm definitely on the side of "who cares about epic orchestra."  For that matter, I don't care about the VSL effects either, I have plenty of effects, they work great.  VSL should realize that at least some of their customers for this product have almost no interest in orchestral libraries at all.  Yes, I use all three license, and yes, I use networking, and, for me, the networking is the only reason I own, and recommend, the product in the first place. I'd be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of customers who only own VEP actually do use the networking and may feel similarly. 

This product is useful to people outside of VSL's typical customer base. Instead of treating us like your orchestral customers why don't you guys consider trying to market more effectively to non-orchestral customers who need this kind of solution.

• Hello. I am very disappointed about this upgrade. It will be very expensive to have many licenses. I really don't need Epic orchestra and all this plug ins, you say it's free. That is why your upgrade price are so expensive, because you put all this shit in Vepro 7 that many of us not need, and will never use. I really hope you will come with an upgrade without Epic orchestra and plug in.

• I think this may have already been posted but here goes anyway:

How about giving us an option of choosing between getting Epic Orchestra OR 3 license assets? And if someone really wants EO they pay extra for it?