Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,928 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hi Jack,

As mentioned in the other thread, I'll get back to your support ticket right away, and we can sort this out via email.
    Best, Stefan

• last edited
    last edited

@Stefan said:

Hi Jack,

As mentioned in the other thread, I'll get back to your support ticket right away, and we can sort this out via email.
    Best, Stefan

Thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

Apple is making it harder and harder to support 32-bit applications, and so are various 3rd party frameworks we are relying upon. In order not to limit the 64-bit application, we thus made the decision to drop the 32-bit applications on macOS. I hope you can understand this decision.

From my perspective this is perfectly reasonable and understandable.   Is it Mojave, or the next one will not support any 32bit apps period.  so it is what is it.

I also was using the 32bit server occasionally, but truly there are only a couple of plugins left that are ever an issue and frankly there are not 64 bit alternatives and I'd rather be done with the fiddling around.    

• last edited
    last edited

@MS said:

Apple is making it harder and harder to support 32-bit applications, and so are various 3rd party frameworks we are relying upon. In order not to limit the 64-bit application, we thus made the decision to drop the 32-bit applications on macOS. I hope you can understand this decision.

From my perspective this is perfectly reasonable and understandable.   Is it Mojave, or the next one will not support any 32bit apps period.  so it is what is it.

I also was using the 32bit server occasionally, but truly there are only a couple of plugins left that are ever an issue and frankly there are not 64 bit alternatives and I'd rather be done with the fiddling around.    

Just checked and it's Mojave that is the last OSX to support 32 bit plugins. It's important to me that 32 bit continue because there's a couple of plugins that I use (NI's B4-II and Pro53) that are 32 bit only and I make use of those on a regular basis.

Either way around I'm back on VEPro 6. Would have been great with VEPro 7 but it just wasn't in the cards.

• B4II is one of hte ones I have been using 32bit also.  remember that you can still use it with other 32bit wrapping solutions..  32Lives still works.  I think DDMF metaplugin does this I can't remember.  Wusik now has a new product that does it also.  However I expect all of them to stop working after Mojave...  

I for one will switch to a different Hammond plugin, probably Blue, but we'll see.  I also really like the old version of VB3, which is also only 32bit.  But basically I will either just use something else or avoid using that inside VEP server (shrug).  Its not the end of the world  I think we have to move on sooner or later...

• I hope everyone is happy now it has been released and we know what the features are.

• Steinberg did similar.. everyone will have to.. so sandbox those old plugins with a wrapper and call it a day.. find new ones. - this should make things more stable all around too! So while a short term pain.. will help... Keep an old used laptop around to open old projects.. not too unusual used to do that for years.. purchase a hard driver per customer. Is whaat I always did.. shrug.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dewdman42 said:

B4II is one of hte ones I have been using 32bit also.  remember that you can still use it with other 32bit wrapping solutions..  32Lives still works.  I think DDMF metaplugin does this I can't remember.  Wusik now has a new product that does it also.  However I expect all of them to stop working after Mojave...  

I for one will switch to a different Hammond plugin, probably Blue, but we'll see.  I also really like the old version of VB3, which is also only 32bit.  But basically I will either just use something else or avoid using that inside VEP server (shrug).  Its not the end of the world  I think we have to move on sooner or later...

32Lives! is $99. Not cheap. What is Blue? Never heard of it. Either way I'm done with VEPro 7 and back on 6 where evrything works. This 32 bit thing is only part of the problem with 7 - NI Kontakt hangs up on loading .vesp files. Got a support ticket in with NI but have little hope they'll have an answer as their tech support is utterly useless.

• Look, 32bit stuff will not run on mac after Mojave..  PERIOD.  Won't work with the 32bit wrappers either.  Once you upgrade past OSX Mojave you will need to find alternative 64bit plugins to use.  The wrappers will stop working and VEP6 will stop working too.  I don't blame VSL for letting this go, its dead on the vine as a feature and hardly anyone needs 32bit plugins anymore, lots of work to keep it going.

Or you could run the 32bit version of VEP server on a windows box in order to host the windows version of the 32bit plugins, if you really must still use them.

In the meantime there are various work arounds..  

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/  - also available for windows

https://ddmf.eu/metaplugin-chainer-vst-au-rtas-aax-wrapper/

http://wwww.wusik.com/w/index.php/products/host-chainers/wusik-x42

also, there is NetVSTHost, which runs on Windows, but for now you can use it with Wine on a mac and actually host 32bit windows plugins on a mac and use them...its better then nothing...

PlogueBidule might have a solution too, I'm not sure.

• Hi everybody

Just installed VE Pro 7 server and my synchron player does not see the instuments (Epic) anymore. (with 6 it did).

The path is OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Werner

• I think you may have to poke the Rescan Libraries button in the Vienna Instruments< Directory Manager app.

• Hello James

No chance. It finds everything but downloaded Epic instruments .... funny

cheers

Werner

• Ensure you have added the folder inside of the Synchron Player Database (not in VI Directory Manager)

• Hello folks

Thanks for your assistance. I got the solution. I mixed up my usb-sticks ....

shamefull

Werner

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Glad it's stable for you. OTH it hangs when recalling .vesp files that have Native Instruments Kontakt 5 instruments in them. This message pops up in an NI-style window: 'Working on sample data cache. Please wait'. It never goes away.

This appears to be some NI related bug. I know some users have reported that batch-resaving the Kontakt instrument helps in this case. If you could contact NI about this problem, it would be great!

It seems like the latest build of VEPro 7 has cured this bug for the most part. One just has to remember to open VEPro first and then the .vesp file. Before the order didn't matter as it would fail either way. But with the current build of VEPro 7 it only fails if you double click the .vesp file without having Vienna Pro open.