Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,048 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,975 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Hi,

will VE 7 support WIn 7 still?
    And I guess it will be VST3 also?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody!

We are also excited about VE Pro 7, and we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days.
    It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close.

There is no pressure to purchase VE Pro 7 right away.
    Please don't forget: You didn't know about VE Pro 7 before yesterday evening... We're happy to hear that everybody is happy with VE Pro 6!

Here are a few answers to your questions regarding VE Pro 7:

1) License policy: We noticed that more and more VE Pro users don't use the network function, so we decided to make single licenses available optionally. Again, this is only optional and comes with some great advantages, e.g., if you need four licenses you no longer need to purchase two bundles of three licenses...

The first license will come with Epic Orchestra 2.0 and it will have a higher price tag than the additional licenses.

2) "Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7?"

=> Sure, you don't have to install Epic Orchestra 2.0: You can also install only portions of the Epic Orchestra 2.0.

3) Now here is the deal with Epic Orchestra 2.0: This is simply a great opportunity to check out our Synchron Series. It's a free add-on to VE Pro 7 and it's very impressive. Check out those audio demos again. If you think you can't use such a library, this could be worth a second thought....

More details will be posted soon.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi everybody!

We are also excited about VE Pro 7, and we want to announce and highlight each feature properly in the next days.
    It will take some more time until we are ready for a release, but we are definitely getting close.  

There is no pressure to purchase VE Pro 7 right away.
    Please don't forget: You didn't know about VE Pro 7 before yesterday evening... We're happy to hear that everybody is happy with VE Pro 6!

Here are a few answers to your questions regarding VE Pro 7: 

1) License policy: We noticed that more and more VE Pro users don't use the network function, so we decided to make single licenses available optionally. Again, this is only optional and comes with some great advantages, e.g., if you need four licenses you no longer need to purchase two bundles of three licenses...

The first license will come with Epic Orchestra 2.0 and it will have a higher price tag than the additional licenses.

2) "Although I appreciate all the work that’s gone into upgrading Epic Orchestra, is there an option to not install it with VEP7?"

=> Sure, you don't have to install Epic Orchestra 2.0: You can also install only portions of the Epic Orchestra 2.0.

3) Now here is the deal with Epic Orchestra 2.0: This is simply a great opportunity to check out our Synchron Series. It's a free add-on to VE Pro 7 and it's very impressive. Check out those audio demos again. If you think you can't use such a library, this could be worth a second thought....

More details will be posted soon. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul, is there not a chance for you to rethink the upgrade path?

I will go from three free licenses which I use, to only one license, and will have to buy the additional licenses. I just want to upgrade VEP, I am not interested in the sample content. I think you are making harder for your loyal customers to support you.

I can´t see no advantage in the new license policy for me, or anyone who uses servers. Please, think about an option to have more licenses included without the orchestra.

Thanks

• Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

• You didn't get 3 free lieenses; the price was higher to include 3 licenses.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Such a shame about the licensing change. As VEPro is in the main an audio networking solution it really should come with at least two licenses, if not three, and then the option to add additional single licenses. I also have no need for the epic orchestra, would prefer if it was an optional extra price wise.

• Just paid for the Pre-Order upgrade.

Seemingly the Epic Orchestra is included only secondarily as a value for the customer, the primary value being promotional. VSL hopes that after trying the Synchron Player some number of people will begin to purchase libraries it supports. Given the investment of capital, time and effort that VSL has put into the Synchron Player and it's libraries, it is important to them that they become mainstream.

Anyway, given this seeming fact, it's hard to think that VSL would be open to "cashing in" the Epic Orchestra for an additional license, since the value proposition is primarily for VSL more so than the customer. EO is a promotional throw-in.

I for one only use a single VEP license, so the issue of three licenses does not affect me, but I do understand that it does indeed affect a large number of users. If I recall correctly looking at the product page, the VEP7 upgrade price for additional licenses is 45 euros, so it would be 165 euros to upgrade three licenses. 

Edited to add,

I do not own any Synchron libraries and at this point have no plans to buy them. But we should bear in mind that the Synchron Player does not have an upgraded Pro version. With VI libraries most of us felt the need to upgrade to VI Pro. That is an expense Synchron owners do not have.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Please treat us seriously and tell what is new in the VEP 7?
    Is there multi port for Logic??

+1

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

Such an idiotic statement!

The firm does not tell us anything further ... so it should be OK to ask some questions!

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

Wow, I would really hate to have you all as customers. They haven't disclosed all the details yet and you guys are already whinning about things you don't know yet. Just be patient and wait for them to reveal all the details. Once they reveal everything and you still don't like it, send them an email. Amazing.

Such an idiotic statement!

The firm does not tell us anything further ... so it should be OK to ask some questions!

Of course it's ok to ask questions. Complaining without having heard their answer is not. They said they will be revealing everything in the days to come.

• Clarification on the license issues:

If we upgrade to VEPro 7 will we still have the three licenses we now have in VEPro 6?

Can VEPro 6 and 7 coexist on the same computer and Vienna key?

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Clarification on the license issues:

If we upgrade to VEPro 7 will we still have the three licenses we now have in VEPro 6?

Can VEPro 6 and 7 coexist on the same computer and Vienna key?

I just purchased the upgrade and eLicenser shows VEP7 as a separate license from VEP5 and 6. So my guess is yes, you still keep your 3 VEP6 licenses.

• So, let's sum up:

'THE MAGNIFICIENT SEVEN' (waow!)
    Great news, I can't stand learning about the magnificient VEpro7!

1- Pre-order (mmm... don't know)
    3- 'Epic Orchestra 2.0' - once more some old bank recycling, I don't get it, are you talking about VEpro7 or?
    2- 'Single licenses available!' - it means not 3 licenses anymore, less than before but why not.
    3- Integrated fx - looks like some Vienna Suite Pro stuff recycling, ok but what about 7 itself?.
    4- 'Many more features!': waow, I'm impressed, too many infos in one shot, I have to read it once more: 'Many more features!'

So, your offer is to pre-order a software we don't know anything else about than 'many more features'. Not one single image or feature, nada. What's 'magnificient' there ? Some recycled stuff, software or bank ?

Regarding what I expected from the 'sample reinvention' and the 'ultimate in realism and expressiveness' and what I got then, be assured I won't go to any pre-order for my concern.

You definitely have baroque announcements, communication and marketing practises, at least...

• last edited
    last edited

@David Molina said:

I totally agree with that. People were complaining about the fact that you had to buy the whole bundle again to get a 4th license, and now that you can buy individual licenses, they're still complaining. If the upgrade contained the three licenses, the price would have been much higher than 75 euros. And the Epic Orchestra 2.0 is a free bonus but they're even complaining about that. So yes, definitly the worst custommers ever.

• Come on guys, give them the chance to announce it before you start nagging and complaining? It’s OK to ask questions, I did too, but try to relax a little.

• We shall see what they announce in the coming days about new features, but I will say for sure, with the information currently available I will absolutely NOT be upgrading.  They have structured the product and pricing to attract new users and that is fine, but buyer beware, existing users are getting hosed by this pricing structure, they have essnetially doubled the upgrade price if you are a multi-server user, or put another way, cut by 2/3 the benefit you receive by upgrading.

All the stuff about Epic Orch and Vienna Suite...again..very nice for new users...the price for a new user to dabble with VEP has just dropped dramtically and it provides more features then ever.  Great for them, but those of us using the product for some time, don't need either of those two things, we are getting along with other third party products and/or VSL Cube or whatever since a long time ago.  So this represents no real new value to us, just a rather expensive upgrade for who knows what.

When we find out more information about what is in VEP7 I will reconsider, but at this point in time I can see no value add whatsoever and I think their new pricing is ridiculous for anyone that bought this product thinking they'd be able to have 2-3 computers networked together...and now they are coming to find out its going to cost double the price to upgrade every time there is new version in the future.

VSL has a monopoly on this product at this time, they can do as they please because of that.  Perhaps in the future I will be forced to upgrade due to OS upgrade or something, and frankly its going to piss me off.  But it is what it is, there is no real competitive product, if there was most of us would probably take a hard look at it about now, but there isn't, so VSL can do as it pleases.  For my part, as long as VEP6 is working well, I see no reason to upgradw whatsoever, unless they announce some absolutely compelling and worthwhile workflow improvements of some kind.  THe stuff they have announced about VIenna Suite and Epic ORch is of absolutely no use or value to me, and probably to most other existing VEP users that have been using it a while.

• How long is the pre-order introductory price available? 

• Hi Paul,

Do you know the day when the VE Pro 7 will be downloadable ?

I have the license yet (purchased just today).

Regards,

José Candela

Madrid

• So, I'm new here and one of VSL's likely targeted customers.

I bought the 3-license pack for VEP6 a couple months ago and am getting around to installing it this week. I also bought one key. 

My thought has been:

- Install VEP7 & Epic Orch 1 on my main studio Windows PC (with 32GB RAM), install on my Mac (16 GB RAM), and also install on my secondary home PC.

- This would give me options of working independently on all 3 systems. AND to use my main studio PC (as slave) in conjunction with my Mac (as Master), if found to be a beneficial workflow. 

I thought I was set. Now, I'm wondering:

1. Would I need a 2nd key for this master/slave configuration (i.e. 1 key per computer? Or just one key for the Master machine?)

Now, I've got a whole new set of questions, like many of you longer term customers, presuming that I pre-order the VEP7 single license and the included single license of EO2 (which I likely WOULD use - I think it sounds amazing, and there's no duplication for me at this point).

2. Can I install the EO2 on each of my 3 computers to utilize separately, as long as I carry/transfer the license key? (i.e. I can still use 1 license on multiple computers, right? Just limited to one at a time, right?) I guess I'm assuming that the "license" is for both VEP7 and EO2. Is that a correct assumption?

Now things get less clear for me:  (remember, I'm new and haven't set this up even VEP6 yet.)

3. If I want to do the Master/Slave approach, then VSL is telling us that I'd need to buy a 2nd VEP7 license, right? (one license only works for single machines.)

4. So, let's say that I want to play their EO2 orch from the Salve PC running Logic on the Master Mac: I do NOT need to buy a 2nd EO2 copy to do Master-Slave, correct?

5. The promo mentions using and buying multiple licenses for multiple instances of VEP7. In what scenario would I use more than 1 instance of VP7 on a single master or slave computer? (Or is this referring to using multiple slave PCs?) 

Thanks to you kind users, in advance, who can answer my questions. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Psalmster said:

So, I'm new here and one of VSL's likely targeted customers.

I bought the 3-license pack for VEP6 a couple months ago and am getting around to installing it this week. I also bought one key. 

My thought has been:

- Install VEP7 & Epic Orch 1 on my main studio Windows PC (with 32GB RAM), install on my Mac (16 GB RAM), and also install on my secondary home PC.

- This would give me options of working independently on all 3 systems. AND to use my main studio PC (as slave) in conjunction with my Mac (as Master), if found to be a beneficial workflow. 

I thought I was set. Now, I'm wondering:

1. Would I need a 2nd key for this master/slave configuration (i.e. 1 key per computer? Or just one key for the Master machine?)

Now, I've got a whole new set of questions, like many of you longer term customers, presuming that I pre-order the VEP7 single license and the included single license of EO2 (which I likely WOULD use - I think it sounds amazing, and there's no duplication for me at this point).

2. Can I install the EO2 on each of my 3 computers to utilize separately, as long as I carry/transfer the license key? (i.e. I can still use 1 license on multiple computers, right? Just limited to one at a time, right?) I guess I'm assuming that the "license" is for both VEP7 and EO2. Is that a correct assumption?

Now things get less clear for me:  (remember, I'm new and haven't set this up even VEP6 yet.)

3. If I want to do the Master/Slave approach, then VSL is telling us that I'd need to buy a 2nd VEP7 license, right? (one license only works for single machines.)

4. So, let's say that I want to play their EO2 orch from the Salve PC running Logic on the Master Mac: I do NOT need to buy a 2nd EO2 copy to do Master-Slave, correct?

5. The promo mentions using and buying multiple licenses for multiple instances of VEP7. In what scenario would I use more than 1 instance of VP7 on a single master or slave computer? (Or is this referring to using multiple slave PCs?) 

Thanks to you kind users, in advance, who can answer my questions. 

Q1:

No, you only need ONE key and ONE license for the Slave machine. You are gona to run VEP server and load your EO2 on the Slave. No key is needed on Master because the instance will be connected in via VEP plugin in your DAW.

Q2:

Yes, you install the library and use one at a time. If you want it work at the same time on 3 slave machine, you have to buy 2 additional keys.

For the VEP itself, more licenses are needed on multiple slave machines.

The license of VEP and EO2 are separate, they are not the same. Just download them into a key and you r good to go.

Q3:

No. For ONE Master ONE Slave network system, you need ONE license and ONE key.

The 2nd key is a must for a system of ONE Master TWO Slave.

Q4:

Right, on your Master, it runs the DAW only and no library installed. You are streaming from Slave machine, that's how it work in this case.

Q5:

ld Q1,2,3

1 license and 1 key for each slave machine.

What I concern is that more effort on debug should be done before they release the new version/product. I came across a freeze problem when I deleted  a channel which the Synchron player was loaded in VEP 6. They just fixed it recently with a update at 09/2. I had no choice but to leave my Smart Orchestral staying in the corner during a month.