Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,381 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,773 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Oh oh well, it's running as a Plug-In right? Found it in Cubase ;)

• Hi Paul, 

Yes, the Synchron Player is a plug-in "only", we decided to skip the standalone version. 

Workaround, if you need a standalone version, is to use it in VE or VE PRO Standalone. 

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Looks like a great product!
    It would be definitely interersting for my live gigs, I'll think about it :)

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi Paul, 

Yes, the Synchron Player is a plug-in "only", we decided to skip the standalone version. 

Workaround, if you need a standalone version, is to use it in VE or VE PRO Standalone. 

Best,
    Paul

Sorry I get confuse ; VSO is not a plug-in it is a standalone app

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Cyril, 

Nope. 

VSO is loaded into the Synchron Player. The Synchron Player is a plug-in. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

2) Can I install it on my Macpro in the studio and on my Macbook with one license ?

=> Yes, just take the key with you, as with our other products. 

3) Do I require another dongle for my Macbook ?
    => You know how it works with our licenses. Download it once and take advantage of the portability. 

Best,

Paul

With VEPRO you have 3 licenses 😉

It is very dangerous to take a key out of the studio, they stole twice the electric chord of my rasor while I was in holiday in Mauritus LOL

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody, 

Just uploaded this impressive video that shows the brilliant "Crayons de Musique", performed in Logic, on 3 MIDI tracks (Ok, one is really only a few percussion hits).... 

I can only say: BRAVO! ðŸŽµ

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

I can only say: BRAVO! ðŸŽµ

To begin with: I totally agree with that!

I have also a question: I see, that Guy used for solo wind instruments Vel.X. I don't hear a unnatural change from one velocity layer to another. Is that because there is just one velocity layer in this library for the solo wind instruments or does the change from one layer to another work so smoothly?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi, 

The change works so smoothly ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul 

• This looks very promising for me as a Live Keyboarder! I couldn't find any Details on RAM Usage or CPU Load. How much RAM does a full Orchestra Patch take? How is the CPU consumption of the Synchron Player in general, compared to Vienna Instruments? Best Regards from Berlin Steffen

• HI Steffen, 

We have stream-lined this one. With an SSD and a Preload size of 4096 Samples, I need 281 MB for the 18181 Samples that are loaded with the whole orchestra. 

Of course multiple streams will tax the CPU a bit, and if you bring in Velocity Xfade, that will also "cost" a bit, but all in all, this orchestra is pretty easy to handle. 

Comparisons with VI are hard. What would be your basis?

Best, 
    Paul

• I have SE Complete, and when I installed this it offered to install with no samples. That didn’t make any sense to me, so I installed the samples anyway. Does Smart Orchestra somehow reuse the samples from SE, so I can safely delete the SO samples and get that disk space back? I only played with this for a few minutes but I think it’s brilliant, really looking forward to digging in more.

• 281MB sounds great! my basis for a comparison: making a template in Vienna Ensemble with a Vienna Instruments Instance for each Section. best, Steffen

• So, I am a bit confused by this. Can I use the Smart Orchestra in Pro Tools to point MIDI channels to a remote VEP Server on a PC as I now use my Special Editions and Synchron Yamaha? –Or can I only run the Smart Orchestra on a local machine in a non-server instance of VEP 6?

Are these sample libraries of equal or better quality than those of my Special Editions and Epic Orchestra? Or is the purpose of the Smart Orchestra is that of a mock-up/sketch tool, for a fast and low-CPU usage workflow?

• I'm having a problem with the Smart Orchestra.....

Loaded up e licenser....placed the activation code and the license in on the dongle. 

I downloaded the files, downloaded the Synchron Player, and I can't work out what to do next???

Everything seems to be there, I just can't seem to open the player with the Orchestra inside. There are no specific instructions I can find, as to whether there is some order to make the Smart Orchestra work properly, but in my case..nothing happens, and it's annoying. 

And there's no plug-in at all in Logic Pro X!!  

Please help!!!

By the way. I did make sure everything was up to date. I just cannot find anything that says, do 1), 2) and 3) and everything will work. We all have busy lives, and we're not all very experienced users, please bear that in mind, when writing your manuals which are supposed to support the software. Thank you. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi!

@patmaddox: The new Synchron Installer always lets you choose if you want to install "only" the patch information and which part of the samples (usually multiple mic positions are available). Don't let that confuse you.

Synchron Player can only load samples for the products that are designed for it.

@Steffen: You mean a fully loaded SE, with all Volumes?

@JamesPDX:
    Can I use the Smart Orchestra in Pro Tools to point MIDI channels to a remote VEP Server on a PC as I now use my Special Editions and Synchron Yamaha?

=> Yes, Synchron Player is just_another_plug-in.

Or can I only run the Smart Orchestra on a local machine in a non-server instance of VEP 6?

=> No, you are free to use the Smart Orchestra in any host that support AU/VST/AAX Native.

Are these sample libraries of equal or better quality than those of my Special Editions and Epic Orchestra?

=> Same quality, different general idea, taking advantage of the new possibilities in the Synchron Player.

Or is the purpose of the Smart Orchestra is that of a mock-up/sketch tool, for a fast and low-CPU usage workflow?

=> You can use it any way you like. But it makes you work faster, no doubt.

@MartinN:

1) Download and install the latest eLCC.
    => Use your activation code to downlöoad your license onto your eLicenser key.

2) Download and install the latest Synchron Player and the latest Download Manager.

3) Download your Library Download File and double-click it. This will start the Download Manager.A detailed description of the process can be found in the Download Manager Manual (with screenshots).

4) After the download has finished, installation will start => choose a location on a SSD drive for best results.

Done. Any troubles: Contact support@vsl.co.at, best with some screenshots.

Best,
    Paul

• Hello

I have bought VSO.

I have install Latest ELC, Latest Vienna Ensemble Pro and VSO files and Synchron player

Where is the manuel to use VSO with VE or VE PRO Standalone or Logic

Thanks for your help

Best

Cyril

• last edited
    last edited

Did you manage to make it work ?

What is the trick ?

It will be great to have a standalone version 😉

@ollecello said:

Hi,

I downloaded Vienna Smart Orchestra and the latest Player Software. Both installed but I am not able to run the Vienna Smart Orchestra nor to start the player. Vienna Smart Orchestra is registered in the eLicense Key. For the player, I cannot find it in the eLicense-USB-Key. Am I missing a thing here or do I need some other software or libraries to run VSO? Thanks for helping.

Paul

• Just Insert Plugin and choose Synchron player. What's so hard about that?

There's no standalone version.

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Hi Bill

Where is the plug-in

Where do you insert the plug-in ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best

Cyril