Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• In the last VSL Newsletters there is an offer to get the Vienna Smart Orchestra as registred user of Vienna Special Edition Vol. 1(I am one...) for €95 until 31. of Jan.. But if I log in that discounted price is not shown.

• Great news! I was very excited when I saw the new key range/display adjustment feature. Unfortunately we still cannot shift (translate) the key range on the virtual keyboard and define ourselves the keys we want to use for a given instrument (for instance C5-C6 instead of C4-C5)... :(

This is a bummer for people who want to design their own preset and do not always use an 88-key keyboard. I could use a 5-octave keyboard and choose the instruments I want to play if I had this feature which, IMHO, is not more difficult to implement than the one that's just been added... not to mention when you want to use simultaneously (but with different notes) instruments with overlapping key ranges...

Or did I miss something?

• Smart Orchestra is a very well-thought raw painting tool. What I miss is a solo cello, probably the instrument I use the most for melodies. Maybe it will come, with an update? Paolo

• last edited
    last edited

Hi PaoloT,

Our Smart Orchestra is indeed a great tool for quick sketches, but of course our bigger collections contain MUCH more articulations and also instruments. It's very possible that we will add more instruments, maybe in an additional version.

You can already get our incredible Solo Cello 2 right now, which works with our Vienna Instruments player!

This video will show you some possibilities of our more advanced collections.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul, thank you for your answer. I'm lucky to own all the VI instruments. But having them integrated in Smart Orchestra is a different thing, where you have everything immediately under your fingers. It's like a piano with black and white keys replaced with multicolor keys. Paolo

• Hi Paolo, 

HA! Should have checked before. 

I love the comparison, might quote you on that one!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Paul, thank you for your answer. I'm lucky to own all the VI instruments. But having them integrated in Smart Orchestra is a different thing, where you have everything immediately under your fingers. It's like a piano with black and white keys replaced with multicolor keys. Paolo

I am absolutely agree with you 😊

Bests,

Bora

• Hey, all, finally getting around to digging into VSO. I own all the SE libraries, Bonus, Plus, etc., but got VSO to hopefully encourage more writing due to its simplicity. Very encouraged by what I've experienced so far! But now VEP 7 is including a free version of Epic Orchestra, which I actually wasn't familiar with. Will EO offer any sonic or performance options or improvements over what I already have with VSO and my SE libraries? 

One other question: What I'm missing most in VSO is my Appassionata Strings. I know that can't be accessed from VSO, but am I correct in that there is no upgrade path from any SE library to a Synchron version? 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Great to hear rthat you like the Vienna Smart Orchestra so much, and also the Synchron Player... we're getting more and more great feedback about this player, and we are also excited about the new options this opens up for us!

@seanmccoy: Yes, EO will offer quite some additional material that will fit well with what you have in the Smart Orchestra. Also, it gives you an idea of our recent Synchron Series products. There i also a part of the Appassionata Strings in the Epic Orchestr, check out the video walkthroughs here. Not to mention the VE PRO 7 license that comes with it...

You have registered the Special Edition Volume 3, so you will see YOUR Price and upgrade path to Appassionata Strings when you are logged in (171 EUR discount when you get the Appassionata Strings Full Library Bundle, which contains ALL articulations for normal and muted articulations).

I'd say, contact sales@vsl.co.at to check your options in detail.

Best,
    Paul

• Excellent, Paul, thanks. In my workflow I've never actually needed the features of VE Pro, but with EO 2.0 it now looks like a no-brainer. Someday hope to be able to justify upgrading to some of the big libraries, but for now, between all my SE libraries, VSO and EO, I should be well covered.