Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Hi Cyril, 

Synchron Player is simply another AU plug-in, should appear in your sequencer right away. 

Simple workaround to use it as a standalone: Vienna Ensemble / PRO. 

If it doesn't show up in Logic, try to validate it manually in Logic's Plug-in Manager. 

And if that doesn't work, you can celar your Audio Unit cache like this (it will make Logic rebuild it's plug-in Au cache): 

1) In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

2) Type ~/Library/Caches in the "Go to the folder" field.

3) Press the Go button. Remove the "com.apple.audiounits.cache" file. Remove the ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache folder.

EDIT: Are you on High Sierra, by any chance?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Just watched your YT videos... is the smart orchestra a new front end to the Cube instruments or are these different samples?

Thanks,

Stefan

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/50300/Installing Vienna Smart Orchestra In Logic/277399

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Paul, thanks for the info.

However I did not realy understood what VSO is.

Is it just a setup utilizing already purchased libraries or you packed the Syncroon library in to a simple new box?

Will I download a new library (samples) or only software which combines older and new samples?

In the sample content there is no number indicating the volume in GB as usual. Therefore my questions.

Please advise

Yannis

• Is there a Sibelius sound set for this? I'd like to be able to specify e.g. strings, winds, brass in the mixer and then use articulation markings in the score.

There's not much here, just a few simple key switches, so I can take a stab at making a sound set if there's nothing available or coming soon. I figured I'd check in with the experts first though :)

• 1) Is it possible to run Smart Orchestra and Special Edition simultaneously in Cubase? To be able to have a layer done with VSO "topped" or enriched by certain instruments, etc. of VSE?

2) Am i forced (in VSO) to have (for example the strings or strings+wood) sections always play unisono (violins, violas, celli, bass, ...) or can i do arrangements with separate voices (v, v, c, b, ...)?

Or do i maybe have a conceptual misunderstanding (of VSO) here in both questions?

Thanks for  advice,

Andy

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

@Yannis Saoulis:

1) Is it just a setup utilizing already purchased libraries or you packed the Syncroon library in to a simple new box?
    => It's a simple new box.

2) Will I download a new library (samples) or only software which combines older and new samples?
    => It is a new library.

3) In the sample content there is no number indicating the volume in GB as usual. Therefore my questions.
    => Here you go, 9.92 GB on your harddrive (4 GB to download)

@patmaddox: Not sure if the VSO Soundset is already in the current Sibelius Soundsets Download, but I know that Andreas has been working on it.

@songdiver:

1) Is it possible to run Smart Orchestra and Special Edition simultaneously in Cubase? To be able to have a layer done with VSO "topped" or enriched by certain instruments, etc. of VSE?

=>Absolutely. No problem.

2) Am i forced (in VSO) to have (for example the strings or strings+wood) sections always play unisono (violins, violas, celli, bass, ...) or can i do arrangements with separate voices (v, v, c, b, ...)?

=> All sections are pre-arranged and come with different involvement of the bass instruments (2 lowest octaves with additional bass instruments, 1 lowest octave and no bass instruments).
    => Additionally, you can use the Solo Legato instruments, also for the violins.

Best,
    Paul

• Hello patmaddox!

The latest version of the VSL Soundset Installer for Sibelius includes a sound set for the Vienna Smart Orchestra.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Notation_Related

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Does Vienna Smart Orchestra work with Soft-eLicenser?

Just looking for a yes or no answer. 😝

• Hello gabegarza1021!

Our products don't work with Soft-eLicenser in general. You will need a Vienna Key or a compatible eLicenser key.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Product_Overview/ViennaKey

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @gabegarza1021: No.

Best, Marnix

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Hello gabegarza1021!

Our products don't work with Soft-eLicenser in general. You will need a Vienna Key or a compatible eLicenser key.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Product_Overview/ViennaKey

Best regards,
    Andi

Andi,

That's for the reply and I'll make sure to get The Vienna key. I don't want to take a chance on getting the wrong eLicenser key if certian ones are in-compatible. 😝

Gabe

• last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Hello patmaddox!

The latest version of the VSL Soundset Installer for Sibelius includes a sound set for the Vienna Smart Orchestra.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Notation_Related

Best regards,
    Andi

Yay! Thank you 😊

• Hello!

I already have VSL Special Collection Vol. 1 and 2. What's the purpose of Smart Orchestra? What can it do that the other ones can't?

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Leander,

Check out the videos of the Vienna Smart Orchestra, that should show the differences in the best way.

Clean organization, designed for instant writing / playing, with an integrated mixer.

Best,
    Paul

• Hi, i am having constant crashes in Cubase Pro 9.5 (also checked with Cubase 8.5 & Dorico 2 with same results) as soon as any midi note is played. Unfortunately i was not aware that a SSD  disk is needed , there is not one in my pc, only HDD (my fault). 

I also tried changing my Synchron Player SETTINGS => Engine to 16,384 samples and higher, same result

VSO is not crashing in Reaper only in Steiberg programs it seems.

I read somewhere that you have a refund policy within a month of purchase,is this true? I bought the library yesterday from your webshop. As i work with Steinberg products mainly. i am afraid that i won't be able to use it for now....

My specs: Windows 10 Home | i7 3770k | Intel DZ77BH-55K | 32GB | Asus AMD 6450 | RME HDSPe AiO | Cubase Pro 9.5 | Wavelab Pro 9.5 | Dorico Pro 2| NI Komplete 11 | VSL Special Editions |

• After further investigation and trying things, i can make it work in Cubase through Vienna Ensemble.

I believe it was supposed to work as any VSTi, am i right?

I will further test it this way, but for the time being i am ok with this setting.Thank god i have this option

• Vienna_Smart_Orchestra_Manual_v1 says "In the ensembles, the bass instruments ... resulting in an effective play range from C1 to C7"

I can't get this.

The range from C4 to B4 is missing for the Woodwinds - Patch 13 WW 0B Long.

The PAD also sound strange from B3 to C4, I hear 1 octave.

I do not own any other VSL library, is it the usual way to program the library or is it a mistake ?

"Are these sample libraries of equal or better quality than those of my Special Editions and Epic Orchestra?=> Same quality, different general idea, taking advantage of the new possibilities in the Synchron Player. "

When I use Velocity Xfade, I hear only 2 velocity layers, and the transition is not smooth, is it the usual way to program your library ?

"The “marcato control” feature enables you to play everything from smooth legato lines"

I do not find the way to get the legato when using this patch, how to get it ?

The Solo instrumlents offers the legato, but I do not find the way to play Chords, how can I play Chords with the  solo instruments ?

• Hello Paul,

Is Smart Orchestra made from new recordings of samples, or is it derived from your existing catalog of instruments?

Thank you,

Rick

• last edited
    last edited

Hi!

@S4410: Please send the crash-dumps to support@vsl.co.at!, the location is shown after the crash.

And: Yes, we do offer a return policy of 30 days if the software products and libraries were purchased in our webshop. But we will make this work, of course!

@Olivin:

1) There are 3 presets for this case: one with 2 octaces for the bass instruments, one optione with 1 octave for the bass instrumenst and one without bass instruments. Did you try those yet?

2) This layered concept is not our usual way with any VSL products, but with the very affordable sketching tool, it is the way to go. For more detail at entry level prices, you could check out, e.g., our Special Editions.

3) There are 2-4 velocity layers available for all instruments, and of course they are optimized, so it's hard to compare the results with our much bigger VI Collections and Synchron Series products under the acoustic microscope.

4) Not sure where you found the marcato sentence, we actually decided against marcato control for the solo legato instruments. But it can be added. Please contact support@vsl.co.at and we will create such a preset for you.

5) To get a polyphonic legato, please go to the PERFORM tab and activate the "Poly" Legato Mode in the column to the right. We have deactivated it by default to stay performance-friendlier.

@cooncat: The samples are derived from our existing calatol of instruments, optimized for the task. A "best of" for live-sketches and quick writing.

Best,
    Paul