Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,874 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

Hello Sunny,

Please set the MIDI Port in your VE Pro 2 instance to 17, not to 1 - I have also replied to your support request by email!

Best, Marnix

Beautiful! It works. Is there some notes relate to this in manual? I think I didn't see.

Anyway, Thanks a lot! 

But one problem still remains about ICA driver. I got rid of ICA driver mistakenly.

Nevertheless I still meet the ICA driver error message. 

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

send me your song at :

cbhr at icloud dot com

I sent an email to you. Could you check?

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

send me your song at :

cbhr at icloud dot com

I sent an email to you. Could you check?

ON a layer with no name there was ( see image)

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

ON a layer with no name there was ( see image)

Simply deleting the instrument is fine? I removed it and the message doesn't pop up anymore.

Thanks a lot!

• Hi,

I've recently migrated from Cubase to Logic. I've managed to understand the enviroment setup to make the midi go where it should, but I'm surprised to say that no one have asked the question about the Solo-button on separate tracks.

The solo-button doesn't seem to work:

- Soloing a single track doesn't do anything

- Soloing the entire stack also mutes the instrument track containing VEP.

- A workaround was to connect a "cable" from the "sub"-channel strips (= the stack represented in the environment) into the VEP-channel strip, but that only works for one stack, if several stacks are connected all of them are soloed.

Is there a fix for this? Ultimately it would be to pull out a message directly from the environment instrument (i.e. VEP_1_1) to send only the solo message to the channel strip, but I can't get that to work either.

• last edited
    last edited

@snattack said:

Hi,

I've recently migrated from Cubase to Logic. I've managed to understand the enviroment setup to make the midi go where it should, but I'm surprised to say that no one have asked the question about the Solo-button on separate tracks.

- A workaround was to connect a "cable" from the "sub"-channel strips (= the stack represented in the environment) into the VEP-channel strip, but that only works for one stack, if several stacks are connected all of them are soloed.

Is there a fix for this? Ultimately it would be to pull out a message directly from the environment instrument (i.e. VEP_1_1) to send only the solo message to the channel strip, but I can't get that to work either.

To discretely solo/mute  tracks that flow through th same channel strip you use the Power buttons.

I honestly don't mean this to be snarky, but you need to spend some time with either the manual of Edgar Rothermich's excellent e-books. Or hire me😊

• last edited
    last edited

@snattack said:

Hi,

To discretely solo/mute  tracks that flow through th same channel strip you use the Power buttons.

I honestly don't mean this to be snarky, but you ned to spend some time with either the manual of Edgar Rothermich's excellent e-books. Or hire me😊

Oh, Hi Jay =)

When I said "recently migrated", it was actually 3 hours before the post I started using Logic. I'm trying to determine if I'm going to stick with Logic or use DP, and therefore just trying to feel the workflow, but I couldn't quickly find any response (probably because I'm not sure about the Logic-specific terminology), so naturally I'll be spending A LOT of time with manuals =)

Thanks for the eBook-tip. If all else fails, I'll mail you =)

• last edited
    last edited

@Ashermusic said:

I honestly don't mean this to be snarky, but you ned to spend some time with either the manual of Edgar Rothermich's excellent e-books. Or hire me😊

You have a few tutorials on Youtube too

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Now I came across a really interesting dilemma in the 2x48 port template. After renaming practically every multi-instrument in the midi environment to correspond the port object they are actually connected to I got the thing working pretty nicely. Now I have a situation where I have the same A4 note on an oboe track and a cymbal track and the oboes note off command cuts off the sustained cymbal too. Oboe track is sending to VE PRO 1-port 1-channel 5 and cymbal track is sending to VE PRO 1-port 33-channel 5. The channel is the same but the port is different. What the heck is going on here?

• Exactly like I described in my previous post, the oboe track in VE PRO 1 - port 1 - channel 5 interferes also with VE PRO 1 - port 17 - channel 5. There has to be something wrong with the midi environment, because VE PRO 1 has been divided into 3 port groups 1-16, 17-32 and 33-48. So channel 5 of the first port in the first port group effects also the first ports in the other two groups. Why, that I can't tell.

• Hi all,

Me too i have some strange bugs, 

Each time i open Logic i have like Sami the same window issue IAC Driver Bus 1.

I lose the midi signal, when i come to the "VEPRO 3 midi port 1", if i change "All" by VEPRO plugin midi in 1.

Consequently, i'm stuck to use 16 instruments by Instance with "All" port

I used 6x16 multiport template.

Best,

Sam

• The IAC message is because of an object on layer with no names

Speaking for 3 hours with SAM to help him to understand how Logic and VSL works toogether using the templates.

The way the template is done using Multi instrument is not a good example, instead of Multi the demo template should use Midi instruments

Also the template could have a Master and a Slave with it's port

It will be great to join a VE of a SE user

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

The IAC message is because of an object on layer with no name...Speaking for 3 hours with SAM to help him to understand how Logic and VSL works toogether using the templates.

Hi Paul Kopf,

Thanks for the template.  When you have time, could you update the Logic X templates so our good friends like Cyril don't have to constantly explain the solution to newbies?

I downloaded it from MyVSL today.  On loading your 2x48 template,  I also received the Window :
      Instrument “IAC Driver Bus 1” sends to a MIDI port named “Bus 1” of MIDI interface “IAC Driver” which no longer exists.

Please delete the IAC Driver Bus 1 object in the unamed blank layer right under the VEPro Muti Layer.

Alex

• Hello VSL

How far are we getting to the AU3 version ?

For summer ? ;... End 2016 ? .....End 2050 ???? .... LOL

It take so long, it seems to be a very big devellopement.

Thanks

Cyril

• good thing is worth waiting for ;)

• last edited
    last edited

Will that include a VSL DAW ; will be so great !😃

• Thank you Paul This is amazing

but i wonder, Can I make router, from IAC external midi channel to these channels into the logic mixer ?

because midi works fine but i can't use region to place features from logic that region.

• can you think share Vienna Metafreme Save file from 6x16 server Multiport ? It takes a lot of time to do it on Vienna

• hi all .. .. i just startet bulding a new logic default song for my orchestration work. .. starting from the 6x16 template i was able to place all the instruments in one instance using four ports .. that's a great overview and much more easy to use! .. but there is one issue: .. i renamed all channels regarding the instruments i use in this way: .. VI-1 .. VI-2 .. VI-3 .. and so on. .. but in the score editor - after bulding a new instrument set- every track is named 'grand piano'. .. so, what could be my misunderstanding with this?

• last edited
    last edited

@thomas wolter said:

hi all ..

.. i just startet bulding a new logic default song for my orchestration work.
    .. starting from the 6x16 template i was able to place all the instruments in one instance using four ports
    .. that's a great overview and much more easy to use!

.. but there is one issue:

.. i renamed all channels regarding the instruments i use in this way:
    .. VI-1
    .. VI-2
    .. VI-3
    .. and so on.

.. but in the score editor - after bulding a new instrument set- every track is named 'grand piano'.

.. so, what could be my misunderstanding with this?

You have to create a Score Set and within name them appropriately.