Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,874 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 34 new user(s).

• Many thanks for your support!

VE Pro Main 1 works. But from VE Pro Main 2, multiple ports doesn't work. 

I''d like to route VE Pro Main 2 to the slave PC. Midi signal comes in but doesn't sound anything.

When I set MIDI IN: OMNI in slave, it works. But it's not what I want.

Can you help me?

---

I'm not sure but I think there's some problem in the Multiport 6x16 Ports template. 

VE Pro Main 2 works in the 2x48 Ports template. Can you check if I'm wrong?

I need 3x16 Ports.

• Hello Sunny,

Can you please send me screenshots of your Logic MIDI Environment, so I can see how things are set up on your system?

And perhaps it would also be helpful if you could re-save the project on your computer and send me a zipped copy of this, so I can try and reproduce the problem you are experiencing.

Best, Marnix

• last edited
    last edited

@sunnykim said:

Many thanks for your supports!

VE Pro Main 1 works. But from VE Pro Main 2, multiple ports doesn't work. 

I''d like to route VE Pro Main 2 to the slave PC. Midi signal comes in but doesn't sound anything.

When I set MIDI IN: OMNI in slave, it works. But it's not what I want.

Can you help me?

---

I'm not sure but I think there's some problem in the Multiport 6x16 Ports template. 

VE Pro Main 2 works in the 2x48 Ports template. Can you check if I'm woring?

I need 3x16 Ports.

I think I'm having a similar issue. It works if I set the midi port to 17, rather than back to 1 for VEPro Main 2. It's like it carries on straight from the VEPro Main 1 V-frame, rather than a new v-frame for VEPro Main 2. VEPro Main 3 midi port has to start at 33 rather than 1 as well. I haven't had a chance to try it with the others.

I can confirm that the 2x48 template works fine with the second V-frame midi channel set to 1 rather than 49.

• I'm also getting this message when opening the logic files (see attached).

• last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

Hello Sunny,

Can you please send me screenshots of your Logic MIDI Environment, so I can see how things are set up on your system?

And perhaps it would also be helpful if you could re-save the project on your computer and send me a zipped copy of this, so I can try and reproduce the problem you are experiencing.

Best, Marnix

Attached are some MIDI environment screenshots I've just taken. From the looks of it it's actually set up identically to the 2x48 template. VEPro 1-3 are hooked up to midi ports 1-48, and 4-6 are hooked up to a second set of 1-48.  Although I may be totally misreading the data as I have never seen anything like that before ha!

• last edited
    last edited

@pmjbaumann said:

I'm also getting this message when opening the logic files (see attached).

This mean that an instrument is receiving or sending one of the IAC port

To fix this remove it 

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

To fix this remove it 

What do I remove? I've literally just opened the template up blank, so I haven't added any instruments that would be using that. I don't even know what an IAC port is 😛

• last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

Hello Sunny,

Best, Marnix

Attached are some MIDI environment screenshots I've just taken. From the looks of it it's actually set up identically to the 2x48 template. VEPro 1-3 are hooked up to midi ports 1-48, and 4-6 are hooked up to a second set of 1-48.  Although I may be totally misreading the data as I have never seen anything like that before ha!

This setup is totally crazy !  it is adressing 1536 midi channels ! ( 2 x 48 X 16)

Why do you need 1536 instruments ?

it is quite normal you are having problems !

My Orchestral template is using 100 instrument so 100 midi channels and it is using all the Levell II articulations of those 100 instruments

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@marnix said:

Hello Sunny,

Best, Marnix

This setup is totally crazy !  it is adressing 1536 midi channels ! ( 2 x 48 X 16)

Why do you need 1536 instruments ?

it is quite normal you are having problems !

My Orchestral template is using 100 instrument so 100 midi channels and it is using all the Levell II articulations of those 100 instruments

I don't need that many, but I need more than the basic one for my Hollywood libraries (ie. Violin 1 sustained, legato, portamento, pizz, staccato, staccatissimo, bartok pizz, col legno), and then violin 2 etc. When I set these up on 1 v-frame each (violin 1, violin 2), my CPU went through the roof on the slave pc. I'm now trying to add instruments to 6 v-frames (each with 10-16 play instances in them - ie. strings, woodwind, brass, etc.) to see if that helps to resolve my CPU issues.

• I've also noticed that the midi chase function in logic does not appear to work when using this template.

• last edited
    last edited

@pmjbaumann said:

I don't need that many, but I need more than the basic one for my Hollywood libraries (ie. Violin 1 sustained, legato, portamento, pizz, staccato, staccatissimo, bartok pizz, col legno), and then violin 2 etc. When I set these up on 1 v-frame each (violin 1, violin 2), my CPU went through the roof on the slave pc. I'm now trying to add instruments to 6 v-frames (each with 10-16 play instances in them - ie. strings, woodwind, brass, etc.) to see if that helps to resolve my CPU issues.

Use KeySwitching on one track for each violin

Get rid of Play instrument if you can, VSL have beatifull strings (I was a QLSO client)

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

Use KeySwitching on one track for each violin

Get rid of Play instrument if you can, VSL have beatifull strings (I was a QLSO client)

I don't think play offers the functionality to load them all into one channel and switch via keyswitches sadly (unless you know of a way!)

Don't think I can afford VSL right now (I'm a poor student 😛 ) and I really like the libraries I've got, even if I can't quite work out the best way to set them up!

• last edited
    last edited

@pmjbaumann said:

I don't think play offers the functionality to load them all into one channel and switch via keyswitches sadly (unless you know of a way!)

Look you have to RFM 😉

Page 28 of the manual of Hollywood String

• last edited
    last edited

@pmjbaumann said:

I'm also getting this message when opening the logic files (see attached).

I also got this message whenever opening the multiport template. I just ignored. I don't know if it matters.

I just sent a screenshot image and logic template file to technical support team. 

I'm rebuliding the big template. It's not easy....

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

To fix this remove it 

What do I remove? I've literally just opened the template up blank, so I haven't added any instruments that would be using that. I don't even know what an IAC port is 😛

You must look for an instrument or a Multi, in it's setting you will find that it is sending to IAC

IAC = Inter Application Communication

see  https://sites.google.com/site/mfalab/mac-stuff/how-to-use-the-iac-driver

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

You must look for an instrument or a Multi, in it's setting you will find that it is sending to IAC

Hello Cyril. Thanks a lot for sharing good information. I'm in the same boat with pmjbaumann.

In Audio Midi Setup, I removed the ICA driver. Then I opened one of the Multiport Logic templates

that VSL team offers. I haven't loaded any insturments or multi and not hooked up with anything.

But when opening the template, the message still pops up. 😞

• last edited
    last edited

Check all the levels in the environment

Why did you delete the IAC ? put it back

@Cyril said:

Hello Cyril. Thanks a lot for sharing good information. I'm in the same boat with pmjbaumann.

In Audio Midi Setup, I removed the ICA driver. Then I opened one of the Multiport Logic templates

that VSL team offers. I haven't loaded any insturments or multi and not hooked up with anything.

But when opening the template, the message still pops up. 😞

• Hello Sunny,

Please set the MIDI Port in your VE Pro 2 instance to 17, not to 1 - I have also replied to your support request by email!

Best, Marnix

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

How can I put it back? I didn't know what I did something in Logic's environment that I'm not comfortable with.

I didn't understand 100% what you said.

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

How can I put it back? I didn't know what I did something in Logic's environment that I'm not comfortable with.

I didn't understand 100% what you said.

send me your song at :

cbhr at icloud dot com