Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• I have been having an issue with my instances connecting/disconnecting, as I open projects, causing long connect times. I am guessing it has someyhing to do with the issue mentioned it this thread.

I am going to deal with the current beta and the connect issues until there is a new release as I already reset my template to work with this outstanding, amazing, game changing, version of Mas enabled VEP!

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

We have decided to pull VE PRO from MyDownloads and roll back to the previous version until we have fixed the AU/MAS confusion (working on it with high pressure, and it is looking good).
    Paul, just to be crystal clear on this...is the (only) reason for pulling the update the "AU/MAS confusion" and - if "yes" - should those of us who perfer to work with MAS and have the update working fine, stay with it? Or were there additional reasons for pulling the update?

• Hi, 

ThatĀ“s the only reason. We have now added a message to the upcoming build that informs all DP users how to migrate from VST/AU to MAS with existing projects, and IĀ“m writing an additional chapter for the VE PRO manual, with screenshots, so that the scary moment of opening a DP project with empty VE PRO instances is not such a shock. 

You should definitely stay with the existing update if it works for you, and the next update will improve some behaviour as well (IĀ“ll add that information to the changelog when the version is released, probably tomorrow). 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, everybody!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Excellent news. I have been seeing long connect times when I'm connecting to my brand new VisionDaw slave(windows7 pro) as compaired to an instance on my desktop. Is this expected behaivor?

• last edited
    last edited

@reddognoyz said:

Excellent news. I have been seeing long connect times when I'm connecting to my brand new VisionDaw slave(windows7 pro) as compaired to an instance on my desktop. Is this expected behaivor?

My desktop being osx 10.10.2

• Hi, 

Please define "long connect times"... how much longer does it take than with the previous version?
    Did you change any preference settings (e.g., Ports and Audio Channels in the VE PRO Preferences?

You can always contact me at support@vsl.co.at with more details, screenshots, DP songs in specific cases (this should be the "announcement thread").

Thanks, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hello everybody,

We have decided to add an info-screen when you first open VE PRO with the new MAS version in Digital Performer, which points you to the updated Vienna Ensemble PRO 5 manual with detailed instructions on a successful migration from AU/VST to MAS.

This version is now online in MyDownloads, with a few further improvements (check the VE PRO Changelog).

All the best from a busy Vienna,
    Paul

•  

"To accelerate the creation of your new templates with the Multiport Template for Logic Pro X and with the new MAS version for Digital Performer 8, you can use the MERGE funtion in Vienna Ensemble PRO Ģs FILE menu"

Is this indicating that it's preferable for Digital Performer users to have one instance in your metaframe containing all your VI's vs. seperate Instances?

• Hi, 

Wow, you read the manual!
    We think itĀ“s nice to have more than just 16 instruments in one VE PRO instance, for better overview, less screen clutter, and of course to use with MIR PRO (all instruments in one room).
    In any case, thatĀ“s now possible. I always use the channel collapse function to get more channels on the screen. 

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

I'm looking for clarification on this as the manual isn't that clear to me.  With the MAS version, can we now use Pre-gen mode or do we still have to set DP to run plug-ins in real-time?  The only place Pre-gen is mentioned is under "Working with Audio Input/Event Input plug-ins."

Thanks,

Chris

• Hello Chris,

For smooth operation of VE Pro, running at least virtual instruments in real-time is still a prerequisite, no matter if you use the MAS, VST or AU version of the plug-in!

We will also update the manual in this respect - thanks for reporting!

Best, Marnix

• Is there a MAS version of Vienna Ensemble for Windows?  Or do the DP users on Windows still need to use the VST option?

Thanks

• Hi AndrewW, 

Yes, there is a MAS version for Windows. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

I made a "how to connect VEPro to DP" video. It shows DP utilizing 48 MIDI ports. I also briefly touch on a couple related DP tips like MIDI Device Groups (which I plan on discussing in detail in a later video).

I also suggest that for your main templates at least, save your instances as vi frames and the project's VEPro Server's metaframe in your DP project folder. If anything ever goes wrong with instances not loading all you have to do is select all of your vi frames in the Finder and then drag and drop them into the VEPro server window. Then in DP add VEPro server interfaces and connect. You'll see all of you instances in the server interface window ready to be connected to. Then save DP.

Enjoy!

Regards, Steve Steele https://www.stevesteele.com
  • hi !  All !   I have problem  with a new mas  plug-in for weight dp.  

before you press the button (disable instrument) vienna court discharged from the project, and then when you press the button to enable it includes.

So I built templates necessary instruments and included only those instances that are needed.

Now when you press the button to turn off court is not unloaded

Please see the video as it was in the old version vienna without mas plugin

• Please see the video as it was in the old version vienna without mas plugin

vienna ensemble version   5.3.13407

• last edited
    last edited

@thenightwatch said:

I made a "how to connect VEPro to DP" video. It shows DP utilizing 48 MIDI ports. I also briefly touch on a couple related DP tips like MIDI Device Groups (which I plan on discussing in detail in a later video).

Great tutorial!

Thanx šŸ˜‰

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hello again, 

Another update: We have decided to pull VE PRO from MyDownloads and roll back to the previous version until we have fixed the AU/MAS confusion (working on it with high pressure, and it is looking good). 

If youĀ“d like to roll back, please use the VE PRO Uninstaller, this way the MAS plug-in will be completely removed.
    I will let you know as soon as the update is available!

If youĀ“d like to accelerate beta-testing, please let me know at support@vsl.co.at, IĀ“ll provide you with the next release candidate as soon as it is ready.

Thanks for your understanding and patience, 

Paul

Paul,

I've had a number of issues with the latest update. Can you clarify which version we should be rolling back to? The software version I just downloaded is v.5.4.13682. Is this the previous version? It still gives the option to install MAS. I installed this version with the MAS optioin unchecked, but then couldn't get VE Pro to successfully communicate with DP at all.

• last edited
    last edited

@Ben Stanton said:

Can you clarify which version we should be rolling back to?

Is there any answer on this? I'm highly regretting updating VEP before all the bugs have been worked out. I can't go 10 minutes without a crash, whereas before I didn't have any.

• last edited
    last edited

Hello Ben,

The version before 5.4.13682 is 5.4.13407, available in the Software Archive.

If youĀ“d like to share the problems you are having and maybe want to send us crash reports and short instructions on how to reproduce the crashes you are getting, please send them to: support@vsl.co.at

Best,
    Paul