Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,178 users have contributed to 42,281 threads and 255,003 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 62 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@labman said:

Has our beloved MAS VEPro version been tested with DP9?

I've not comprehensively tested it but I opened a file created under DP8.07 that made extensive use of MAS VEPRO without problem in DP9. Also, installing DP9 does not remove DP8 so if there is a problem you can just go back to using DP8. 

It sure has. It's working the same as DP8, and has been working through the beta cycle with no reported issues

• that is great great news . thank you !

• Just got into DP9 today. 'Seems' fine. Yet my normal pianos played off host mac VEP instantiation 'feel' a tad slower in response, witht the same 256buffer size that I used in DP 8. It might just be me, being away for a day. But keyboard triggering 'feels' a bit quicker when I go back into DP8.

Paul can you please check that buffer settings and any latency and that delay times are being properly compensated and reported in DP 9? Thank you.

• Interesting, I haven't noticed a diference, but I will check it and see if I am getting that as well.

• Has anyone been experiencing VEP 64-bit server (latest build) crashes on slave Mac when using DP9? VEP doesn't crash on host Mac, but was crashing during connection on slave. After a few days of slight tweaks VEP slave is connecting and running but it's not as stable as it was with DP8 and connection times are a lot slower too. I''ll list some specs but just curious first if anyone else had this experience? Thanks.

Regards, Steve Steele https://www.stevesteele.com
  • Can you please fix the VE Pro "preserve/decouple" Display bug. When the little window that displays whether or not Vienna is preserved/decoupled is in the background, i.e. NOT brought to the front, it always reads that the preserve/decouple boxes are Uchecked even when they have been checked. This is confusing and leads to me re checking whether or not Vienna is decoupled multiple times in a session. Once you click on the main preserve decouple window, the checks suddenly display correctly, showing checks if they have been checked, displaying correctly. The moment that window is not highlighted, they again show uncheked no matter there true status. 

• I'm having a problem with MAS VE (latest vr.) After I have loaded my VE Metaframe, my VSL Winds Project drops all the channel faders in the VE mixer to 0 and pans everything hard left. This happens when I enable or disable the audio (radio button) in DP. A few weeks ago it only did a few channels on the far left and now it does it to every channel. It doesn't effect the Kontakt Loaded projects, only my VSL Winds which only has VSL on it.

Anybody else have something like this happening?

DP8.07 OSX 10.8.5

• Have you tried DP 9? There are some bugs in it, the worst of which is that Waves plug ins inconsistently lose their mute automation, but maybe DP 9 would solve your issue?

• last edited
    last edited

Hey guys - I uploaded part 2 of my HOW TO DP and VEP 5. This time I added DP9 and a VEP slave, and I cover system configs and settings for VEP, MIR and touch on Kontakt while playing back a piece I wrote that tests my new MacPro slave.

Video is here:

Part 3 will be up in a few days on total optimztion of system, VEP, Kontakt, VSL player and DP.
    Part 4 will "write a good cue in 10 minutes".
    I plan on covering DP9 very soon, maybe after part 3.

Enjoy!
    Steve Steele aka nightwatch

Thanks for letting me post here.

Regards, Steve Steele https://www.stevesteele.com
  • Nice, I'll be watching.....

D

• so, is everyone now settled on "715"? (a.k.a. "ver. 5.4.13715")

• major bummer tonight....:(

I was trying out my first project with the new & improved VEP5 ver. 5.4.13741. I'm on a single MacPro, running DP8.07 on OS 10.8.5. I set up a piece with a single instance of VEP5 that contained 5 Kontakt 5 instances. All went really smoothly as I was writing the piece, but once I had a version I liked, I attempted to "bounce" all of my 40+ midi tracks to a 2-track .wav. This was the biggest thing that I was looking for with the new VEP5. It didn't work at all. The resultant .wav contained only bits & pieces of the 40+ midi tracks and after the bounce finished, a number of notes "hung". (first time I've had that in 3-4 years).

So has anyone else tried bouncing midi tracks to audio,  using the new VEP5?

• any chance of a reply to the above?

• I'm still having the issue of faders dropping to 0 on my VSL WInds Project when I enable the VEP5 plugin in DP 8.

I am hoping that the latest update will fix that but I see the update is an AU update (don't see an MAS update.) Do I download the AU update of VEP5 and it will update the MAS version? I have the correct settings in DP with AU disabled etc. Is this the way to go?

Thanks!

DC

• Dear Sir,

I am using it by DP 8.07 and 9, efficiency improved, however, in bouncing process, all instances reloaded several times in the bouncing process, it used more time, it was OK! but the vital problem is Eastwest Hollywood instance, it consumed more time in loading even I already used PCIe SSD with 32G ram, it turn out the bounced wave was without the sound of Hollywood plugin. My solution was just used AU instead of MAS in Hollywood instance. Can it be solved in the future?

• Dear Chan Kwok Leung,

Which VE Pro build and which version of Play have you installed?

Also, please give us some system specs, i.e. OS (Mac or Windows?)...etc..., so we can try to reproduce your problem!

Best, Marnix

• VE 5.4.13888 64 bit 

Host Mac pro 6,1 64G ram OS 10.10.5 runing DP 8.07 and 9, with Kontakt 5.5.1 , Play ver.4.3.1 and Space ver.1.1.23

Slave Mac pro4,1 32G ram OS 10.10.5  Eastwest Play ver.4.3.1 loading Hollywood Orch. wth PCI e SSD

Slave iMac 13,2 32G ram OS 10.9.5 Kontakt 5.4.1

Slave PC i7 16G ram Windows 7 Kontakt 5.4.3

bounced wave was without the sound of Hollywood instance because the reload process not completed yet while bouncing completed.

Besides, jumbo frames failed in AU(MAS not tried yet) mode , with Netgear Prosafe GS108T

• a quick MAS success story: i just transitioned from DP 7.24 to 8.07 just so i could use the new MAS version of VEP. before, i was using 88 instances of the event input plugin (feeding 2 PC slaves) to make my very large template work, but my 6-core 3.33gHz 2010 mac pro could barely take it. according to activity monitor, it was idling at 80% CPU and going well over 100% during recording and playback, and i had to disable DP's automatic latency compensation to avoid crashes and stuck notes. but with the latest MAS version (888), DP 8.07, and OS 10.8 (latest), i only need one plugin per slave and my CPU idles at 17%. everything's working great so far. i just wanted to thank VSL for spending the time and resources to develop the MAS version - it's made a HUGE improvement for me!

• How is VEP5 MAS working with DP 9.02? Everything seem OK?

• last edited
    last edited

Hello. I've been using VEP and Digital Performer for quite a while now, but just encountered a weird problem. Not sure where it started, or if it's a VEP or DP thing, but here goes.....

When bouncing offline in DP, if I use any output in VEP other than 1 & 2, there is a noticeable lateness in the audio when I import it in to DP. I tested with a midi drum track playing through Kontakt in VEP going out 1 & 2. When I bounce offline and re-import to DP, the timing is right on the grid. If I just change the output assignement in VEP to something else and redo this, the timing is behind the grid consistently. I've gone through every setting and option in DP and VEP trying to get around this but it's still there. Here's a screenshot of what the audio offset looks like:

DRUM OFFSET IMAGE

The top track is using output 3 & 4 (I called it Offline Normal) and the bottom track is using 1 & 2 (from Audio)

Any ideas?

DP 9.02, VEP 5.4.1.3888, Mac Pro, MAS plugin version