Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,014 users have contributed to 42,272 threads and 254,971 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• We know that many of you have developed nice basic templates for MIR. We have put quite some effort into the possibility of an easy transition from Vienna MIR to MIR Pro for our users. But you have to be aware of the fact that under the hood they are _completely_ different programs. Our developers have some ideas how to make "old" MIR Projects work with the new engine, but I can't promise you that you won't have to rebuild existing setups.

Thanks for your understanding!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks for the info. Changing the workflow needs time, so good to know this in advance to include it in the planning. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the new tool!!! So, a succesful time for the MIR pro - development-team!   Frank

• Hi, Can you guys clarify this "end of spring" MIR Pro release time?  I've now heard that it probably won't be released till late summer.  Correct?  Understandable, if there are still issues, but I'll need to stop holding my breath if need be.             Cheers,   Tom

• Hi Tom,

please stop holding your breath! ;-D

Actually, MIR Pro is more or less ready, but we will work another two months on it: We've decided to implement the possibities that were introduced with the new Hybrid Reverb into MIR, too. :-) Apart from that, we will do an extended testing phase due to the fact that MIR Pro will also be OS-X compatible, which is always a challenge.

Thanks for your patience,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

MIR Pro is more or less ready

Oh my god, I'm going to flip! 😄

• I 'd expect some transiction problems from MIR to MIR Pro as something inevitable, What I hope is there will be no change in format as with the first MIR[8-|]

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

MIR Pro will also be OS-X compatible, which is always a challenge.

I... I love you...

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

(...)

Actually, MIR Pro is more or less ready, but we will work another two months on it: We've decided to implement the possibities that were introduced with the new Hybrid Reverb into MIR, too. :-) 

(...)

[:O] Wow! [:O]

That's somehow funny, 'cause after almost one year of using MIR I don't like sound algorhythmic reverbs anymore...[:D]

Just of habit and fashion changes...

Beside my jokes - so can we expect e.g. using the venues of the studio roompacks for positioning and "ER"s with adding an "algo"-tail - all done with the only one "plug in" - MIR pro? Sounds really awesome... Frank

• Personally, I don't need algorithmic reverbs for authentic spatial positioning either  ;-) .... but there's no doubt that our ears got somewhat used to the "sweetening" that the broad, modulated reverb tails can add to the natural room information. Right now, we're trying to find a sonically convincing and easy-to-use way to implement "best of both worlds" into MIR.

• Even it was sayed in a funny way, I experienced really a change of my taste using almost excessive MIR. Nevertheless I find this intended implement a sensational message. (Thanks for giving us so quickly). Makes it easier anymore to accept the immenently change of workflow. I like the idea to have it all in one tool! Really looking forward now!!! Frank

• Have you yet decided anything about the pricing of MIR Pro, or if you have, can you talk about it yet? The Finnish Composers’ Copyright Society is paying their copyright royalties in a week and I was originally going to buy the product with that, but with MIR Pro not out yet I'm wondering how much of that I should save for buying this product when it is released.

• Hi Dietz,

A quick question. Currently in my 2-machine system I have a 2008 Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8-core master and a big PC slave that I use for MIR processing. Will I need to replace this Mac Pro to work with MIR Pro even though I have this powerful PC?

In other words, do all machines in the MIR Pro network need to be able to process at the level currently required for MIR?

• last edited
    last edited

@Sami Boman said:

Have you yet decided anything about the pricing of MIR Pro, or if you have, can you talk about it yet? The Finnish Composers’ Copyright Society is paying their copyright royalties in a week and I was originally going to buy the product with that, but with MIR Pro not out yet I'm wondering how much of that I should save for buying this product when it is released.

Thanks for your interest, Sami - highly appreciated.

There is no final price tag for MIR Pro, but I think it is safe to say that it will cost at least as much as Vienna MIR does now. There will be upgrade paths from Vienna MIR, BTW.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Jack Weaver said:

Hi Dietz,

A quick question. Currently in my 2-machine system I have a 2008 Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 8-core master and a big PC slave that I use for MIR processing. Will I need to replace this Mac Pro to work with MIR Pro even though I have this powerful PC?

In other words, do all machines in the MIR Pro network need to be able to process at the level currently required for MIR?

MIR Pro's core engine will have to reside on one machine, so I assume you will simply use the most powerful one for the task. 😊

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you very much for the quick answer Dietz.

@Dietz said:

I think it is safe to say that it will cost at least as much as Vienna MIR does now.

That's only rational and fair. I was thinking more if it will be closer to 1000€ than 2000€, but I think you already answered that question. 😊

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

(...)

Actually, MIR Pro is more or less ready, but we will work another two months on it. (...)

So, that's what I'm realised after one night sleeping over 😊 We can expect the release maybe in the end of august? (Personally much appreciated - 'cause I'll be in vacation than!) Frank

• Above all, I just hope there will be detailed video tutorials like VI Pro & VE Pro:) That would be really helpful!

• Of course! :-)

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

There is no final price tag for MIR Pro, but I think it is safe to say that it will cost at least as much as Vienna MIR does now. There will be upgrade paths from Vienna MIR, BTW.

HTH,

My suggestion :

MIR pro with a few rooms for 199 euro [;)]

Extra room for 99 euro each [;)]

This will allow everybody to have MIR, big studio can buy a lot of rooms, non profit music writer can buy extra rooms for XMAS or there birthday [;)]

Best

Cyril

P.S. it will be very interesting for you to make a pool to see what kind of your user are using VSL

Music / VSL is my dancing girl !

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Nice suggestion, Cyril. ;-)

Vienna MIR is available for 795,- Euro right now.