Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,384 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• I've had that happen to me as well!

Imagine my suprise when I click the MIR icon and suddenly Ensemble Pro appears on my screen, a program I don't own a licence for or even have installed on my computer.[:O]

Dietz can you elaborate on why this happens and what connection there is between these two applications?

• I can't tell you exactly why this happens, otherwise we would have made sure that this confusing behaviour can't occur. :-)

... the connections between the two applications is obvious and was mentioned several times before: MIR is not only a powerful convolution engine, but also a VST host; in the background, it uses the core of Vienna Ensemble for all VST / VSTi / MIDI-related tasks.

BTW - MIR Pro will bring a true integration of MIR into Vienna Ensemble Pro. This will push the possibilities of the two products to a new completly new level.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi, this all sounds very exciting! Is there any word on pricing yet?

• No, not yet, sorry to say so.

Greetings to Scotland! :-))

• I was on the verge of acquiring VE Pro, and then decided to test MIR SE - seeing as it also can host 3rd party vsti's now..  and as I feared, I liked what MIR can do for me quite a bit.  [Y]

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to proceed though - the bulk of my composing work takes place in Finale.  Because of how Finale functions, the way VE Pro works (by loading itself as a vst in Finale, but at the same time functioning and hosting the libraries externally) is ideal - it circumvents certain limitations of Finale, but at the same time keeps its playback happy.   At present MIR has to be run externally and connected by midi - this does not work very well with Finale, it is a nightmare I had to deal with in the past and do not wish to return to.  From what I understand, MIR Pro would be the obvious solution to this as it would combine the best of both of the existing applications..    is this how it will work?  Will MIR Pro load itself as a vst while still operating externally?  Will there be an "SE Pro" version as well?

And the question that concerns me most right now (and I know this has been brought up in this thread before, but there was no answer), if I were to buy VE Pro so that I can work now, will MIR Pro render this purchase redundant in only a few weeks (or months)?

• Iā€™m very impressed with the new Hybrid reverb! I hope that you include the new algo-tail used in Hybrid in the new MIR Pro.

• Hello Dietz

Did you manage to go over the 16 midi channel with Logic ?

If you need a beta tester with a 12 Core 2.93 ghz Mac, 24 GB, raid 0 of 4 x ssd, I am volunteer !

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Iā€™m very impressed with the new Hybrid reverb! I hope that you include the new algo-tail used in Hybrid in the new MIR Pro.

Yes, we have plans to do so. As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons why the release of MIR Pro won't happen before the end of spring.

• last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

Hello Dietz

Did you manage to go over the 16 midi channel with Logic ?

If you need a beta tester with a 12 Core 2.93 ghz Mac, 24 GB, raid 0 of 4 x ssd, I am volunteer !

Best

Cyril

Hi Cyril, thanks for volunteering! šŸ˜Š

Yes, there will be a workaround for Logic's restrictions.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Yes, we have plans to do so. As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons why the release of MIR Pro won't happen before the end of spring.

Isn't it the end of spring in Austria allready? In Finland it most definitely is. We so desperately yearn for the mighty MIR Pro. šŸ˜„

• Well my non AC office tells me it is mid summer ...

But End of spring is always good date, can be weather dependent, astronomical, or even meteorological;(

• Guys, we really appreciate your impatience :-)) ... but "not before the end of spring" means "summer".

• Dietz, can you perhaps shed some light on the new workflow for user who are already used to the current version of MIR? I know that certain "trade secrets" cannot be fully exposed yet. But it would be much appreciated if we can have an idea in order to get ready for any major changes, if required.

• The basic idea of MIR ("conducting a virtual orchestra on a virtual stage") will remain the same, which means that you will be familiar instantly with the the actual MIR GUI (although it got re-coded almost from the ground up). Apart from that, you will use MIR Pro like you would use Vienna Ensemble Pro - closely integrated into the DAW of your choice.

In the end, this means that you don't have to deal with two (or more) completely seperated applications any more. Regarding the workflow you may have developed with the existing version of MIR, this might be the biggest difference (... and we hope that this change will receive a warm welcome even by die-hard MIR users ;-) ...) .

Kind regards,

• Thanks Dietz. That's great news! Can't wait:)

• Here's to hoping for an upgrade path from VEP! [;)]

• An upgrage path from the current version of MIR is quite certain, but from VEP is unlikely.

• Look absolutely great, let's hope that the price will be as friendly so all user can afford MIR PRO.

This is a big question, do I sell it with a friendly price and I sell it to all my user or do I put it too high so only professional studio can afford it 

I hope VSL's marketing has chose the 1st solution

• 10 000 user x 200 euro = 2 000 000 euro
    • 200 big studio x 2 000 euro = 400 000 euro

This is THE dilemma [:D]

The marketing idea is to sell MIR with just a few room so it is cheap to users ; and then you can buy more rooms when you can afford 

It is the same marketing idea that the "new download instrument", SE ...  

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

Lol - Nice try Cyril, but I think the finance and marketing guys might have other ideas!

[:)]

@Cyril said:

Look absolutely great, let's hope that the price will be as friendly so all user can afford MIR PRO.

• 10 000 user x 200 euro = 2 000 000 euro
    • 200 big studio x 2 000 euro = 400 000 euro

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

In the end, this means that you don't have to deal with two (or more) completely seperated applications any more. Regarding the workflow you may have developed with the existing version of MIR, this might be the biggest difference (... and we hope that this change will receive a warm welcome even by die-hard MIR users šŸ˜‰ ...) .

Kind regards,

Can we expect to use our old templates or have we to build up new ones? Some apprehensions...šŸ˜Š Kind regards Frank