Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,050 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,975 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Hopefully it is very very soon, because my 30 day demo period for VE PRO 4 expires today, and I was hoping VE Pro 5 would be released just in time so I wont have any interuptions.

I got hooked with the demo, and my templates are now all set-up using VE Pro, to the extent I cannot work without it. I'd rather buy VE PRo 5 with the new features thats coming up.

One question I have, does the new VE Pro 5 still include any freebies like the Epic Orchestra?

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

It depends how far the corner is

Hopefully the corner is just around the corner.

Beta-testing is in full swing!

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • [quote=Jean Paul]Hopefully it is very very soon, because my 30 day demo period for VE PRO 4 expires today, and I was hoping VE Pro 5 would be released just in time so I wont have any interuptions.

I have no idea if there will be Epic Orchestra for VE Pro 5, but you could always get VE Pro 4 now and upgrade to 5 as soon as it will be available. I'm sure that the upgrade fee won't be considerably higher than the actual price difference.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

I have no idea if there will be Epic Orchestra for VE Pro 5, but you could always get VE Pro 4 now and upgrade to 5 as soon as it will be available. I'm sure that the upgrade fee won't be considerably higher than the actual price difference.

Ok thanks Dietz. That makes sense.

• Just in case Epic Orchestra or anything similar is not offered with VE PRO 5, would we still be able to purchase VE Pro 4 online when VE Pro 5 is released?

thanks
    Jean Paul

• Quesiton: I thought I read somewhere that like AMD, Intel is also going to be pushing a graphics dye or something similar for better GPU results. I also read somewhere about convolution and using a graphics card for it (although that was some time ago and I've only seen that mention the one time).

So if utilizing such new designs, would MIR be able to lower the system load? I realize that it is already, but I mean for even big projects, etc. If not, what is tasking the system on large projects to much? I'm trying not to ask for too complicated of an answer. If it helps, my two main concerns are... 1) will these things help MIR? 2) If not, what do I need to look for in future cpu's that will influence MIR's task on the system the most? Although the first question is my nerdyness asking... I ask the other because I'm going to be changing my setup to accomodate MIR better before I eventually buy it. I just want to make the best decisions possible.

Thanks,

Sean

P.S. Thanks in advance if this is answered... I don't mean to bother anyone at VSL as it's certainly a busy time there... I am in no hurry to have this answered.

• Hi Sean,

GPU-aided convolution was indeed a topic we discussed during MIR's development, and in fact we were in contact with a company which was one of the driving forces in this area seven years ago. Those were exciting times! :-) ...  Nevertheless, I think it was a good decision to go for the "conventional", CPU-based solution back then. But "never say never": As the standards of GPU-based number-crunching get more and more reliable, we might also take this route one day.

Regarding future CPUs: Processing speed never hurts when it comes to convolution, as well as fast busses. But don't forget that there are other limiting factors, too, like poorly written audio system drivers. I'm sure our IT wizards will prepare a list of tried'n'tested components like for MIR Pro like they did for legacy Vienna MIR.

Kind regards,