Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,038 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@jammusique said:

Iā€™m very impressed with the new Hybrid reverb! I hope that you include the new algo-tail used in Hybrid in the new MIR Pro.

Yes, we have plans to do so. As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons why the release of MIR Pro won't happen before the end of spring.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Cyril said:

Hello Dietz

Did you manage to go over the 16 midi channel with Logic ?

If you need a beta tester with a 12 Core 2.93 ghz Mac, 24 GB, raid 0 of 4 x ssd, I am volunteer !

Best

Cyril

Hi Cyril, thanks for volunteering! šŸ˜Š

Yes, there will be a workaround for Logic's restrictions.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Yes, we have plans to do so. As a matter of fact that's one of the reasons why the release of MIR Pro won't happen before the end of spring.

Isn't it the end of spring in Austria allready? In Finland it most definitely is. We so desperately yearn for the mighty MIR Pro. šŸ˜„

• Well my non AC office tells me it is mid summer ...

But End of spring is always good date, can be weather dependent, astronomical, or even meteorological;(

• Guys, we really appreciate your impatience :-)) ... but "not before the end of spring" means "summer".

• Dietz, can you perhaps shed some light on the new workflow for user who are already used to the current version of MIR? I know that certain "trade secrets" cannot be fully exposed yet. But it would be much appreciated if we can have an idea in order to get ready for any major changes, if required.

• The basic idea of MIR ("conducting a virtual orchestra on a virtual stage") will remain the same, which means that you will be familiar instantly with the the actual MIR GUI (although it got re-coded almost from the ground up). Apart from that, you will use MIR Pro like you would use Vienna Ensemble Pro - closely integrated into the DAW of your choice.

In the end, this means that you don't have to deal with two (or more) completely seperated applications any more. Regarding the workflow you may have developed with the existing version of MIR, this might be the biggest difference (... and we hope that this change will receive a warm welcome even by die-hard MIR users ;-) ...) .

Kind regards,

• Thanks Dietz. That's great news! Can't wait:)

• Here's to hoping for an upgrade path from VEP! [;)]

• An upgrage path from the current version of MIR is quite certain, but from VEP is unlikely.

• Look absolutely great, let's hope that the price will be as friendly so all user can afford MIR PRO.

This is a big question, do I sell it with a friendly price and I sell it to all my user or do I put it too high so only professional studio can afford it 

I hope VSL's marketing has chose the 1st solution

• 10 000 user x 200 euro = 2 000 000 euro
    • 200 big studio x 2 000 euro = 400 000 euro

This is THE dilemma [:D]

The marketing idea is to sell MIR with just a few room so it is cheap to users ; and then you can buy more rooms when you can afford 

It is the same marketing idea that the "new download instrument", SE ...  

Best

Cyril

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • last edited
    last edited

Lol - Nice try Cyril, but I think the finance and marketing guys might have other ideas!

[:)]

@Cyril said:

Look absolutely great, let's hope that the price will be as friendly so all user can afford MIR PRO.

• 10 000 user x 200 euro = 2 000 000 euro
    • 200 big studio x 2 000 euro = 400 000 euro

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

In the end, this means that you don't have to deal with two (or more) completely seperated applications any more. Regarding the workflow you may have developed with the existing version of MIR, this might be the biggest difference (... and we hope that this change will receive a warm welcome even by die-hard MIR users šŸ˜‰ ...) .

Kind regards,

Can we expect to use our old templates or have we to build up new ones? Some apprehensions...šŸ˜Š Kind regards Frank

• We know that many of you have developed nice basic templates for MIR. We have put quite some effort into the possibility of an easy transition from Vienna MIR to MIR Pro for our users. But you have to be aware of the fact that under the hood they are _completely_ different programs. Our developers have some ideas how to make "old" MIR Projects work with the new engine, but I can't promise you that you won't have to rebuild existing setups.

Thanks for your understanding!

• Thanks for the info. Changing the workflow needs time, so good to know this in advance to include it in the planning. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the new tool!!! So, a succesful time for the MIR pro - development-team!   Frank

• Hi, Can you guys clarify this "end of spring" MIR Pro release time?  I've now heard that it probably won't be released till late summer.  Correct?  Understandable, if there are still issues, but I'll need to stop holding my breath if need be.             Cheers,   Tom

• Hi Tom,

please stop holding your breath! ;-D

Actually, MIR Pro is more or less ready, but we will work another two months on it: We've decided to implement the possibities that were introduced with the new Hybrid Reverb into MIR, too. :-) Apart from that, we will do an extended testing phase due to the fact that MIR Pro will also be OS-X compatible, which is always a challenge.

Thanks for your patience,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

MIR Pro is more or less ready

Oh my god, I'm going to flip! šŸ˜„

• I 'd expect some transiction problems from MIR to MIR Pro as something inevitable, What I hope is there will be no change in format as with the first MIR[8-|]

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

MIR Pro will also be OS-X compatible, which is always a challenge.

I... I love you...