Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,442 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,797 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• Logic user here as well. Is this basically its own sequencer for a node computer, but also useable as an AU just like VI currently is?

• This seems interesting. :)

"Separated server solution that doesn’t address RAM used either by your host sequencer or by Vienna Instruments plug-ins running alongside the sequencer and Vienna Ensemble."

"Prepared for 64-bit PCs and Macs"

I wonder if these mean in Vista 64 that the application is 32 bit but it has its own address space meaning that if the DAW  addresses 4 gigs the Vienna Ensemble can address another 4 gigs?

• All I know is that I want it. OH god how I want it.

• Anyway, if you're unable to sleep ... you'll surely tired around september 25 [8-)]

• Well, whatever unspeakable acts tire him out on September 25th, he'll have a whole month to recover before the Vienna Ensemble comes out on October 25th.

• this is soooo cool.

Now if AudioEase would get their backside in gear and get a 64 bit version of Altiverb out, we'd be rockin. 

•  I wonder when the new videos will be online so we can get a look at the VE.

So many questions!     

• Does anyone know how sequencers will interact with Vienna Ensemble?  Will it be by MIDI, i.e., will you be able to assign each VI a MIDI input channel and send data to the corresponding channel in the sequencer?  And if V.E. is being used on a standalone "server" computer, how does the controller interface with it (MIDI, direct USB, ethernet, etc?)

• I think the idea is that this host sits on the same machine you run your sequencer on. In a way .. as I think it .. it's a similar arrangement to Gigastudio. GS sit's on a machine .. runs all the instruments .. does all the mixing .. but uses an external sequencer to process midi. So with all that in mind I think this app will do the same. But it will no doubt be able to pull all of the VI's together under it's roof, using your sequencer as .. just that .. as sequencer. Anyways .. lets find out when it gets here. You don't wanna rush to the end of the story before we begin do you?

• Hurrah, I can read the whole page. Nothing to add though. [:D]

DG

• This must not be real - October 25? I can not wait that long! I wish I could get hands on a beta - I am sure a beta by VSL will be more solid than what is considered "ready for release" by other vendors.

Being a software developer myself, I really appreciate VSL's quality standard. I hate it that it becomes normal habit to release software that doesn't even qualify for alpha status. Yes, we know it is hard that the last 10% of quality improvement take 90% of the effort. Thanks VSL for *not* taking the easy path!

Still: it is so mean to announce such a product, which just contains what we are all waiting for, then forcing us to wait weeks to get it. Don't you guys in Austria have any laws against torture?

Anyone with a time machine listening? Please get me a copy of Vienna Ensemble!

Peter

• Hi Peter,

thanks for the compliments.
    And yes, we plan to offer betatesting before the official release.
    There will be an announcement similiar to the RTAS testing here in our forum.

best
    Herb

• juhuuuuuuuuuu

• Hey Herb, how come you've only got one post? I thought that this was your Company? [:^)]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@hetoreyn said:

it's a similar arrangement to Gigastudio. GS sit's on a machine .. runs all the instruments .. does all the mixing .. but uses an external sequencer to process midi. So with all that in mind I think this app will do the same. But it will no doubt be able to pull all of the VI's together under it's roof, using your sequencer as ..

Thanks for the reply hetoreyn

but then how would you route the output audio from ENSEMBLE back into the DAW to the Master channels for recording? 

Can VSL clarify how they think this will work with a DAW on a single PC, if it is indeed intended to.

Thanks 

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

Hey Herb, how come you've only got one post? I thought that this was your Company?

DG

ROFL[:P]

• There are already 3rd party programs that do this. I would assume that VSL has just made this a one shop stop. Remember, on Mac it already runs outside the DAW; sort of.

DG

• Welcome Rob. Nice to see you here. [;)]

DG

•  Thanks Daryl - pleasure is all mine.

• "how would you route the output audio from ENSEMBLE back into the DAW to the Master channels for recording"

Hopefully this gizmo will have its own "Save as Wave" mode.  If not, you'd have to record the LIVE output of your soundcard using a different program, and make sure that all the instruments sound good in realtime.

I suspect this is going to be far better for previewing music in realtime than for rendering the final version for your recordings.