Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,035 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• DEMO    DEMO    DEMO   ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• last edited
    last edited

I am sure there will be tons of demos when the product is released😐

• Pulled the Preorder trigger before the November x release. Looking forward to this and the new player.

• Will vsl let us know when the preorder window is about to close? I don't get paid for 2 weeks so can't preorder till then :(

• last edited
    last edited

I pulled the trigger... thank God for a strong US dollar right now 😛

• last edited
    last edited

@derek_gibbons_10742 said:

Will vsl let us know when the preorder window is about to close? I don't get paid for 2 weeks so can't preorder till then :(

Yes they have stated somewhere (I think in this thread actually) that they will let us know.

• Hello,

I would like to echo what others have said. I am interested in this library, but am not prepared to pre-order unless I can hear some audio demos of the Synchron Strings alone - with no other instruments masking them. Only then will I be able to hear whether this is superior to what I already have (VSL and others).

I do hope the demos will appear before the Early Bird offer expires.

Thank you,

Darren

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

In general dynamic relations can have many variables - but the variables in this case are pretty cleanly defined, and from where I'm watching it seems to be by design.  The instruments are being recorded in position in the same hall - based on the diagrams it seems the plan is very much to fill out the whole orchestra with their seating intact in relation to each other.  The array of microphones will be in the same position for all, and I would assume they will be the very same microphones each time.  Based on this setup the relations in dynamics between layers and between different instruments (including the effect relative distance plays) is very much measureable, and I would say extremely relevant.

I agree with you completely. However, VSL's position was that natural-dynamics isn't even a sensible notion, and that people who even entertain the concept are irrational people lacking sense. When I want more insults and science-denial from developers, I'll consider buying these new strings.

• November will be the longest month of this year. So excited.

• I am hoping to order this new string set soon. I too would *love* to hear some demos!

I look forward to seeing a precise articulation list. The list currently on display looks tentitive. 

I was thinking about the new player. My hope is to use the new player and the current one while assembling music.

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

Hello,

I would like to echo what others have said. I am interested in this library, but am not prepared to pre-order unless I can hear some audio demos of the Synchron Strings alone - with no other instruments masking them. Only then will I be able to hear whether this is superior to what I already have (VSL and others).

I do hope the demos will appear before the Early Bird offer expires.

Thank you,

Darren

All demos are candy coated, at most you will never be able to get the product to sound how the demo sounds.

The synchron Strings may or may not sound better that VSLs existing string librarys as sound is very subjective.

One advantage is you will get the recording of the Syncron Hall, second is if you go for the standared version you get a complete set of articulations, 3rd there is a player that is being built for the syncron serias that offers plus possibilitys.

That alone is worth the pre order with out any demo, if you have the cash wait until its releast and see what others say about it, then you can make up your mind.

• last edited
    last edited

@novaburst said:

All demos are candy coated, at most you will never be able to get the product to sound how the demo sounds.

The synchron Strings may or may not sound better that VSLs existing string librarys as sound is very subjective.

One advantage is you will get the recording of the Syncron Hall, second is if you go for the standared version you get a complete set of articulations, 3rd there is a player that is being built for the syncron serias that offers plus possibilitys.

That alone is worth the pre order with out any demo, if you have the cash wait until its releast and see what others say about it, then you can make up your mind.

Very weird logic. (I did preorder by the way)

• last edited
    last edited

@stephen limbaugh said:

I pulled the trigger... thank God for a strong US dollar right now 😛

Thats exactly the reason why Trump desperatly complains the european trade surplus: innovative products, high quality, low prices 😃

• Can we please keep politics out of the discussion on VSL's forums. Thank you.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

Sorry wasn't meant to serious.😉 (except my appreciation for the "innovative products, high quality, reasonable prices" of VSL😃)

• last edited
    last edited

@novaburst said:

Very weird logic. (I did preorder by the way)

Haha @JimmyHellfire 😎man, Wait i know that name from some where...let me see, cubase forum .....no not that one it must be are yes Pro tools....no it cant be ....its on the tip of my tounge arrrrhh i just cant

remember 😉  yes i pulled trigger too

• last edited
    last edited

@novaburst said:

Haha @JimmyHellfire 😎man, Wait i know that name from some where...let me see, cubase forum .....no not that one it must be are yes Pro tools....no it cant be ....its on the tip of my tounge arrrrhh i just cant

remember 😉  yes i pulled trigger too

VI Control. 😊

• Looking forward to this, but won’t be able to buy it for some months. Edit: being stupid...

• Hi Paul / VSL Support,

I Pre-Ordered the Full version of Synchron Strings I, I'm guessing the library will be quite a very large download when it is released, do you offer the library on a Drive as an option ?  

If you do, I would like to order it on a drive, that you can ship to me, I will pay for the drive and shipping costs.  I don't think I saw this option on your website. 

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• Hello everybody,

A lot of things are falling into place right now, and it's a very exciting time here in Vienna. 

More information and also more demos should be available soon (I know that has been quite a stretch), and I'd like to thank you all for your patience. Those last tweaks are SO important, and our standards are higher than ever. 

@muziksculp: Yes, Synchron Strings I will be added to the Vienna Harddrive. We will keep you up to date!

Best, 

Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL