Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,984 users have contributed to 42,271 threads and 254,966 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• I agree with mantrum!

• last edited
    last edited

@mantrum said:

I must admit, this seems to be an odd way to release a new library that everyone is excited to hear and learn more about. All we have is a little teaser trailer and a basic outline. I wonder if the marketing department are on holiday.

I was rather hoping we might know a little more by now. 

What worries me is the they mght suddenly turn round and say the library is released tomorrow, so you have until then to pre order it, whilst we have little or no more detail on it.

Of course it may well be that the library is being released later on November and whole raft of info ready to be  - but I do hope we will have a reasonable amount of time and a reasonable amount of information upon which to make a decision.

He is absolutely right, I agree with mantrum!

• It seems that VSL marketing team is not very good in building tension. They started with an earthquake (8 velocity layers?! WOW), but nothing happened since then. That bird maybe flew out too early...

If I were VSL I will do this crazily annoying thing:

day 1 - new strings library from VSL

day 2 - 80 variations per note

day 4 - up to 8 velocity layers  - you can buy it now, promo price!

day 7 - awesome set of articulations

day 9 - all sections in one package

day 10 - mics, I see mics everywhere

day 12 - only 10 GB of data due to revolutionary compression algorithms ;)

day 13 - DEMOS!

With that I would have at least a sense of progress... I'm still waiting for day 13th though!!! ;)

• last edited
    last edited

πŸ˜‰

You forgot completlty the new Synchron-Player, I expect its feautures and completly new approach to program orchestrasamplelibraries will be enough for the next 14 Days. And I have the impression that we all know that this is something new comming that raises a good part of unanswered questions.

So here is my marketing suggestion: Just announce there is something overwhelming comming, avoid any further information, because since the Librarie is on the market no one will seriously read it and of course no one will ever be satisfied just with "information"

So until the librariy is available. simply play nonstop Charles Ives unanswered question

• last edited
    last edited

@fahl5 said:

... completly new approach to program orchestrasamplelibraries will ...

... but what worries me a little bit ... If this whole concept is the better concept (compared to the dry recordings at Silent Stage) ...

Why has VSL not stopped recording the old way and recorded the Historic Instruments Collection in the same way (without multi-mic) at Silent Stage? Means 8 Velo-Layers, lots more Variants etc. pp.

BTW congratulations to 400 Posts ... Wow πŸ˜„

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/34057/Idea How VI Software Might Make The Powerful VSL Available Inside The Limited Dimensionandq/213082

• Well, I've just seen that an expiry date of Oct 31st has been put on the intoductory offer for Synchron Strings.

Are VSL honestly expecting to encourage people to pre-order when the only thing availble is a short video with a couple of the instruments playing for a very short while (40secs) againt the backdrop of some impressive percussion ?

Come on VSL, please post a couple of video/audio samples to help us make up our minds......

• The way it reads on Ilio is a bit confusing. The 30% off ending on October 31 relates to the String libraries. I think the Synchron Strings Early Bird offer expiration is a different matter. Paul can clarify this. I have never known VSL to withdraw an early offer before the product was well-demo-ed. Actually, I can’t remember an offer withdrawn before the product itself was available.

• Hello everybody, 

There will be more demos, and as usual, our Early Bird Offer will not expire until the release of Synchron Strings I. 

And of course there will be a reminder email to announce the actualy release of Synchron Strings I. 

Also, thanks for your patience, those last days and weeks are essential for such a big step, especially with a brand-new software. I actually can't wait to show you more, but we're simply not there yet.

Have a great weekend!

Paul & the VSL Team

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Best Wishes to the VSL development team, I'm sure the new Synchron Libraries will be an amazing success, and Thanks for updating us on Synchron Strings I status. 

I  Pre-Purchased  Synchron Strings I (Full Version),  I was wondering if it would it be possible to have an option to download the (Standard) version if that was needed to conserve drive space on a computer ? or am I restricted to only have access to the (Full version) ?  Basically, does the License for the Full verison give me the option to download the (Standard) version if the need arises. 

Thanks, 

Muziksculp 

• Hi, 

The Sample Content for the Standard and Extended Libraries for the Synchron Series is available separately, also in separate downloads. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Paul

Here some more attempts to produce "unanswered questions" πŸ˜‰ ( 404 Alerts)

Are you (VSL) already working on Synchron Strings II ?

Are you (VSL) already working on Synchron Brass and Synchron Woodwinfs ?

Will there be any Synchron Voices "once upon a time" ?

Will there be Synchon Solostrings ?

Will there be any more Silent-Stage-Libraries to come ?

any answer? ... perhaps just to surprise me πŸ˜›

• last edited
    last edited

Hi fahl5, 

You need a magic ball or a time machine. If you find either one of each that is working, let me know πŸ˜Ž

Here's what I can tell you: We are working on Synchron Strings I. Like crazy. 

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

The Sample Content for the Standard and Extended Libraries for the Synchron Series is available separately, also in separate downloads. 

Best, 
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback.  

So just to confirm that I understand your reply, this means I have the option to download the Starndard version, even though I purchased the Full version.  

That's very good.

Cheeers,

Muziksculp 

• Hi muziksculp, 

Correct. 

Best,
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi muziksculp, 

Correct. 

Best,
    Paul

Excellent πŸ‘

Thanks.

•  

Take Synchron Percussions I as an example: What you get is good, but compared to former times the Instruments are less. To reach the same amount of Instruments for all Sections will take years and years and years ... (if you see how long it took to finish the first both products, I would not hold my breath here.)

Regarding to Solo Instruments I see the difficulty of the "right placement in the Hall for everybody". Where would this perfect place be for Solo Strings or a Piano?

For the FIlm-Orgel I guess there will be a bigger investment necessary. If I am not wrong the Outputs are placed left and right to the big screen. For us it means that that the sound would come only from the left side.

I hope that there will be "surprises" too. In a hall like this "Epic-Brass-Sections" might have a really big epic sound. Just emagine that there would not only be recordings for Epic Horns this time, but also for Epic Wagner Tubas (8 Players). We all know their Power-Sound from Dimension Brass 2. That would be a Killer!

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

Regarding to Solo Instruments I see the difficulty of the "right placement in the Hall for everybody". Where would this perfect place be for Solo Strings or a Piano?

Oh there are competitors who solved that "problem" with the concept of "First Chair" Strings for instance. With that concept the Solistic Piano will presumably be located in right in the middle in front of the Orchestra like the Pianosoloist in a pianoconcerto. (However I do not think that compared to complete the sections of a Synchron-Orchestra a Synchron-Piano would have any priority in the VSL-Pipeline)

•  

Yes.

less = less "by number of instruments".

There is of course "more" inside a Percussion-Section.

• OK, but even the Synchron Percussion is like the Synchron Strings just a Synchron Percussion I

To provide the same material so much deeper sampled is unevitably much work to do, give them "a little" time to complete, what actually just started.