Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,041 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 51 new user(s).

• Goddamn ... you are fast...

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

I asked a fortune teller. She gave me a brandhot releasedate in July.

NO.. Please Not July, and Not June !  Hopefully this month ... May, please please ! 

You need to find a new fortune teller.  😃

• Hi

I've noticed that the Legato-Vib and the Legato-NoVib patches are louder than the Legato-Lyr. Is it normal or am I missing something ?

Best,

David

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

I asked a fortune teller. She gave me a brandhot releasedate in July.

NO.. Please Not July, and Not June ! Hopefully this month ... May, please please !
    You need to find a new fortune teller.

Soon. It will be soon.

• last edited
    last edited

@Spoilsman said:

Even when we get it, the legato will remain so bad it has to be hidden with legato blur. Everybody should demand a refund, or VSL should do the right thing and refund all early adopters, because we were misled.

Player is a very complex product - as partitionaly programmer I understand, that it can take an unpredictably lot time for tweaking, so ok, I ready to wait for a tested and tweaked version - it is not a problem, we can use this library with ViPro/VePro just now.

But with what is written about legato - I agree, it is a big problem. For now SY "legato" (exerpt slur mode) sounds as a keyboard scripted legato, not as legato of stringed instruments. Compared to DS, this is not "revolutionary Legato Performances excel with a newly heightened realism", as we have read on the SY webpage in a prepaid period,  but a step back to the early 2000s.

It is necessary to additionally record the necessary samples to legato began to sound at least as in Dimension Strings library - we know, VSL can and know how to make a string legato!
    In my opinion, strategically now it would be more important to "save" SY Strings by releasing no Sy strings FX, but a Sy strings legato addendum, so that this library would like to be used, not moved to a spare hard disk and be forgotten..

Sy strings buyers, lets go to collect 5 euros each for the Synchron string band to play several examples live for the VSL team so they can finally hear the difference between 'keyboard' SY and live strings legato?)

• last edited
    last edited

@V_ad_im said:

Sy strings buyers, lets go to collect 5 euros each for the Synchron string band to play several examples live for the VSL team so they can finally hear the difference between 'keyboard' SY and live strings legato?)
    I think that's a bit unfair to say about the players who performed, who no doubt are very capable musicians. I believe there are several issues at hand as to the cause of the quality of the legatos recorded. One flaw I think is not letting the players play more 'organic', rather than seeking technical perfection per note. 

I'm not sure how VSL implemented the transitions in Synchron, but their original idea way back when they 'invented' it is the best, record the legato transition and the whole target note which follows. That's not what they did here, they seem to have recorded transitions only (I'm even not sure how much legato layers are in the samples) and faded them into the sustains. Now, while that can work fine also, other competitors have done this far far better. Even the aging Hollywood Strings. They really need to sit down and examine where this went wrong, especially since it is supposed to be "revolutionary". Heck, their own, older products have better legato than this.

• last edited
    last edited

@Sovereign said:

I think that's a bit unfair to say about the players who performed, who no doubt are very capable musicians.

Sure, there are no claims to the performers themselves, I meant to let the VSL recording and cut team to hear legato sound in a live performance-maybe they have not attended live concerts for a long time and have been listening to strings only from their midi keyboards for years and forget how it sounds in reality..)

• last edited
    last edited

@Sovereign said:

I think that's a bit unfair to say about the players who performed, who no doubt are very capable musicians.

Sure, there are no claims to the performers themselves, I meant to let the VSL recording and cut team to hear legato sound in a live performance-maybe they have not attended live concerts for a long time and have been listening to strings only from their midi keyboards for years and forget how it sounds in reality..)

LOL, perhaps. Or, all they might need to do is examine at a few competitor products to see how it is supposed to sound.

• last edited
    last edited

@Sovereign said:

Or, all they might need to do is examine at a few competitor products to see how it is supposed to sound.

Or even their own previous products)

• last edited
    last edited

@LAJ said:

I asked a fortune teller. She gave me a brandhot date ... 29th ...

I don't know how reliable your fortune teller is, so I would rather hear from VSL directly. 

So today we might be able to judge the reliability 😉

• last edited
    last edited

... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Paaaaauuuuuulllll ! Hau ihn raus ... 🕰️

• Only two hours until twelve ...

• Shit.

• Double-shit!

• BTW ... the time here in the community is weird.

• You know, a watched pot of water never boils. Just forget about it and the player will be available soon! Dave

• last edited
    last edited

@Acclarion said:

You know, a watched pot of water never boils. Dave
    Dave, you changed my life! Why didn‘t I realize this all the time? ... It is so easy! ... I will tell this to everybody I meet today. 👍 Best, „a better person“

• The fortune teller seems to be unreliable!

• I want to be civilized. I can't help it. Shit, synced string 1 and synced percussion 1 are down in the Pacific!!! Forget about them!!

Refund it VSL

• last edited
    last edited

@yilalatavsl said:

I want to be civilized. I can't help it. Shit, synced string 1 and synced percussion 1 are down in the Pacific!!! Forget about them!!

Refund it VSL

You'll have to do a scuba diving recovery mission to get your vienna key back, and send it to them if you even want a chance to get a refund. As it is, there's probably a happy dolphin loading your Synchron libraries up right now on his water proof laptop...his only criticism of the Synchron strings is that they're drenched in very wet reverb.