Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,454 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,802 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Switching from "Inline" routing to bus routing means that MIR Pro's wet signal (of this channel only) will be available separately, on any other bus you assign there. The readily panned direct signal component will remain on this channel.

Neither the relative level of the direct ("Dry") signal nor the room ("Wet") signal's level will change as long as you leave the bus you send the wet signal to @ 0dB.

This feature is meant to be used for stem exports and sub-grouping, actually, but it can be used for processing stunts with MIRacle, too, of course. ;-D

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Neither the relative level of the direct ("Dry") signal nor the room ("Wet") signal's level will change as long as you leave the bus you send the wet signal to @ 0dB.

Thank you Dietz. So if I understand correctly, adjusting that little circle, after switching to bus routing, controls how much of the MIR "wet" signal goes to the bus? And best to keep that circle @ 0 db? Sorry for beating this, but it has always been a source of confusion to me.... 😕

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

[...] So if I understand correctly, adjusting that little circle, after switching to bus routing, controls how much of the MIR "wet" signal goes to the bus? And best to keep that circle @ 0 db? [...]

Exactly. 

... in 99% of all cases there's no need fo the extra rotary fader, actually. From MIR Pro's point-of-view the routing option would be sufficient ... I think it was the VE Pro software-engineers' way to say "See, that's some kind of 'send'- option, now." 8-)

Kind regards,

• Great, thank you Dietz. Getting clearer and clearer.

What I am trying to accomplish really is control how much "Miracle" each channel can get. So bass sounds will get less of it vs non-bass sounds.

• I would use an ordinary AUX send, either pre- or post-fade (which also means: pre- or post-MIR), depending on what you're after. I have the vague feeling that you're over-complicating things ATM. ;-D

• last edited
    last edited

Wow, thanks Dietz. I tend to complicate things more than I need sometimes... 😛

I guess I need aux with post MIR. Which means (sorry gotta make sure):

All MIR dry positioning and MIR wet is applied and then signal is sent to the aux Miracle bus, and I can control how much Miracle I get by the little aux circle, correct?

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

[...]

I guess I need aux with post MIR. Which means (sorry gotta make sure):

All MIR dry positioning and MIR wet is applied and then signal is sent to the aux Miracle bus, and I can control how much Miracle I get by the little aux circle, correct?

Exactly. The little blue rotary fader determines the Aux-send amount from an individual channel. The fader channel of the MIRacle bus sets the overall volume.

BTW: Make sure to mute the "Dry" signal within MIRacle in this scenario, otherwise your channel levels will get raised by the amount of Aux send received by it!

• last edited
    last edited

Perfect! Now we're talking! Thank you so much for your time in answering all these questions Dietz! This really cleared up things in my head... 😃

• I just tried the above approach, and it does not sound/behave the way I thought it would. Basically, even if I push that little aux circle all the way to -60db I can still hear "Miracle" for that channel... My expectation was that I would not hear Miracle at all. The only way to achieve what I want is adding Miracle to the individual channels separately but I really want to avoid that. 

I then decided to do the same thing with Miracle in Cubase (but without MIR Pro). And in Cubase it behaved exactly as expected.

Bottom line, why do I hear Miracle if I push the aux send on that channel all the way to -infinity?

• Please post some screenshots, Nektarios. Alternatively you can send me your project data (support@vsl.co.at, to my attention). I'll look at it ASAP, but this might take some time.

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you Dietz. I will first post screenshots/video showing exactly what I am doing as I know you are an extremely busy man.

Thanks again!

@Dietz said:

Please post some screenshots, Nektarios. Alternatively you can send me your project data (support@vsl.co.at, to my attention). I'll look at it ASAP, but this might take some time.

• Hey Dietz,

Here is a video I did that shows what I am experiencing... Barely 3 minutes...

Hope this can clarify what I am experiencing... 

Thanks!

Nektarios

• Dear Nektarios, that's a simple routing mistake. Your "Violin Bus" is routed into "MIR + MIRacle", too, while it should be routed directly into the main output bus.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Dear Nektarios, that's a simple routing mistake. Your "Violin Bus" is routed into "MIR + MIRacle", too, while it should be routed directly into the main output bus.

HTH,

Oh wow! How could I miss this??! 😶 

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Cheers,

Nektarios

• You're welcome!

All the best,