Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,200 users have contributed to 42,282 threads and 255,007 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 66 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Neither the relative level of the direct ("Dry") signal nor the room ("Wet") signal's level will change as long as you leave the bus you send the wet signal to @ 0dB.

Thank you Dietz. So if I understand correctly, adjusting that little circle, after switching to bus routing, controls how much of the MIR "wet" signal goes to the bus? And best to keep that circle @ 0 db? Sorry for beating this, but it has always been a source of confusion to me.... 😕

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

[...] So if I understand correctly, adjusting that little circle, after switching to bus routing, controls how much of the MIR "wet" signal goes to the bus? And best to keep that circle @ 0 db? [...]

Exactly. 

... in 99% of all cases there's no need fo the extra rotary fader, actually. From MIR Pro's point-of-view the routing option would be sufficient ... I think it was the VE Pro software-engineers' way to say "See, that's some kind of 'send'- option, now." 8-)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Great, thank you Dietz. Getting clearer and clearer.

What I am trying to accomplish really is control how much "Miracle" each channel can get. So bass sounds will get less of it vs non-bass sounds.

• I would use an ordinary AUX send, either pre- or post-fade (which also means: pre- or post-MIR), depending on what you're after. I have the vague feeling that you're over-complicating things ATM. ;-D

• last edited
    last edited

Wow, thanks Dietz. I tend to complicate things more than I need sometimes... 😛

I guess I need aux with post MIR. Which means (sorry gotta make sure):

All MIR dry positioning and MIR wet is applied and then signal is sent to the aux Miracle bus, and I can control how much Miracle I get by the little aux circle, correct?

• last edited
    last edited

@nektarios said:

[...]

I guess I need aux with post MIR. Which means (sorry gotta make sure):

All MIR dry positioning and MIR wet is applied and then signal is sent to the aux Miracle bus, and I can control how much Miracle I get by the little aux circle, correct?

Exactly. The little blue rotary fader determines the Aux-send amount from an individual channel. The fader channel of the MIRacle bus sets the overall volume.

BTW: Make sure to mute the "Dry" signal within MIRacle in this scenario, otherwise your channel levels will get raised by the amount of Aux send received by it!

• last edited
    last edited

Perfect! Now we're talking! Thank you so much for your time in answering all these questions Dietz! This really cleared up things in my head... 😃

• I just tried the above approach, and it does not sound/behave the way I thought it would. Basically, even if I push that little aux circle all the way to -60db I can still hear "Miracle" for that channel... My expectation was that I would not hear Miracle at all. The only way to achieve what I want is adding Miracle to the individual channels separately but I really want to avoid that. 

I then decided to do the same thing with Miracle in Cubase (but without MIR Pro). And in Cubase it behaved exactly as expected.

Bottom line, why do I hear Miracle if I push the aux send on that channel all the way to -infinity?

• Please post some screenshots, Nektarios. Alternatively you can send me your project data (support@vsl.co.at, to my attention). I'll look at it ASAP, but this might take some time.

• last edited
    last edited

Thank you Dietz. I will first post screenshots/video showing exactly what I am doing as I know you are an extremely busy man.

Thanks again!

@Dietz said:

Please post some screenshots, Nektarios. Alternatively you can send me your project data (support@vsl.co.at, to my attention). I'll look at it ASAP, but this might take some time.

• Hey Dietz,

Here is a video I did that shows what I am experiencing... Barely 3 minutes...

Hope this can clarify what I am experiencing... 

Thanks!

Nektarios

• Dear Nektarios, that's a simple routing mistake. Your "Violin Bus" is routed into "MIR + MIRacle", too, while it should be routed directly into the main output bus.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Dear Nektarios, that's a simple routing mistake. Your "Violin Bus" is routed into "MIR + MIRacle", too, while it should be routed directly into the main output bus.

HTH,

Oh wow! How could I miss this??! 😶 

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Cheers,

Nektarios

• You're welcome!

All the best,