Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,231 users have contributed to 42,388 threads and 255,459 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Hi DG,

everybody who has already a VE PRO and a MIR license will get MIR PRO for free.

best

Herb

wwwoaohahoahhaaaaaa.. That's GREAAATT NEWS!!! [:D]

Thank youuuuuuu!!! lol

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Hi DG,

best

Herb

WHOOAAAAAT ? ? WHOOAAAAAT ? ? Please pinch me to wake me up !! please pinch me again!! Am I still dreaming? Is it real? I can not believe this ! ! A free Mir Pro for VEP owner Thank you Herb,Thank you Herb,Thank you Herb !!! Wait a minute??!! Are you sure, ....really really sure ,Herb ? its not OctoberFool,right ? ? ? regards, Willy

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

Hi DG,

But what about those with VE PRO and MIR SE????  Do we have to upgrade to the full MIR program now to get the Student/teacher discount, and then get our 'free' upgrade when the new product is released?  If so, how do I get the 'upgrade' price from MIR SE to MIR - the price does not show properly in the basket - just the full MIR price?

Also - if I buy VE Pro now will I get the 'new' VE pro for 'free' too- you have only mentioned getting MIR free?  This just needs some clarification I think

Thanks

• Hi Willy,

I hope you didn't missunderstood my psoting

You will need a VE PRO & MIR license to get MIR PRO for free (including a free VE PRO 5 update).

best

Herb

• Dietz, that is very good news.  Does this mean that the upgrade price from MIR SE > MIR, will remain the same for MIR SE > MIR Pro?

• If MIR PRO has everything VEP5 does... then what's the point of having a separate product? I realize that some people don't want MIR (or can't afford it) and still want VEP5- but why would anyone buy both? Is there literaly no feature in VE5 that MIR PRO will not have? I'm just a bit confused on that point.

-Sean

P.S. While the MIR price has been voiced... ISH... any 'ish range' of what VE5 will be?

• There is literally no feature in VE Pro that MIR Pro does not have - simply because MIR Pro is a mighty, additional application which happens to completely rely on VE Pro's capabilites for communication with the outside world. :-)

Look at it that way: VE Pro is the host. MIR Pro is a big (very big) "meta-plugin" that can be instatiated inside this host exclusively. MIR Pro is no "separate product", but an additional one. An extension.

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • WHEN???!!! :D

• It depends how far the corner is [;)]

Hopefully the corner is just around the corner.

• Hopefully it is very very soon, because my 30 day demo period for VE PRO 4 expires today, and I was hoping VE Pro 5 would be released just in time so I wont have any interuptions.

I got hooked with the demo, and my templates are now all set-up using VE Pro, to the extent I cannot work without it. I'd rather buy VE PRo 5 with the new features thats coming up.

One question I have, does the new VE Pro 5 still include any freebies like the Epic Orchestra?

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

It depends how far the corner is

Hopefully the corner is just around the corner.

Beta-testing is in full swing!

• [quote=Jean Paul]Hopefully it is very very soon, because my 30 day demo period for VE PRO 4 expires today, and I was hoping VE Pro 5 would be released just in time so I wont have any interuptions.

I have no idea if there will be Epic Orchestra for VE Pro 5, but you could always get VE Pro 4 now and upgrade to 5 as soon as it will be available. I'm sure that the upgrade fee won't be considerably higher than the actual price difference.

HTH,

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

I have no idea if there will be Epic Orchestra for VE Pro 5, but you could always get VE Pro 4 now and upgrade to 5 as soon as it will be available. I'm sure that the upgrade fee won't be considerably higher than the actual price difference.

Ok thanks Dietz. That makes sense.

• Just in case Epic Orchestra or anything similar is not offered with VE PRO 5, would we still be able to purchase VE Pro 4 online when VE Pro 5 is released?

thanks
    Jean Paul

• Quesiton: I thought I read somewhere that like AMD, Intel is also going to be pushing a graphics dye or something similar for better GPU results. I also read somewhere about convolution and using a graphics card for it (although that was some time ago and I've only seen that mention the one time).

So if utilizing such new designs, would MIR be able to lower the system load? I realize that it is already, but I mean for even big projects, etc. If not, what is tasking the system on large projects to much? I'm trying not to ask for too complicated of an answer. If it helps, my two main concerns are... 1) will these things help MIR? 2) If not, what do I need to look for in future cpu's that will influence MIR's task on the system the most? Although the first question is my nerdyness asking... I ask the other because I'm going to be changing my setup to accomodate MIR better before I eventually buy it. I just want to make the best decisions possible.

Thanks,

Sean

P.S. Thanks in advance if this is answered... I don't mean to bother anyone at VSL as it's certainly a busy time there... I am in no hurry to have this answered.

• Hi Sean,

GPU-aided convolution was indeed a topic we discussed during MIR's development, and in fact we were in contact with a company which was one of the driving forces in this area seven years ago. Those were exciting times! :-) ...  Nevertheless, I think it was a good decision to go for the "conventional", CPU-based solution back then. But "never say never": As the standards of GPU-based number-crunching get more and more reliable, we might also take this route one day.

Regarding future CPUs: Processing speed never hurts when it comes to convolution, as well as fast busses. But don't forget that there are other limiting factors, too, like poorly written audio system drivers. I'm sure our IT wizards will prepare a list of tried'n'tested components like for MIR Pro like they did for legacy Vienna MIR.

Kind regards,