Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,327 users have contributed to 42,293 threads and 255,051 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Just chiming in.. I have also had those issues with LASS.

• Windows xp 64 / cubase 4 Hi there. Interestingly, the older version of Ensemble Pro does open and work greatly with Play... It works as follows: when I open Play vst on Ensemble PRO it says 'vst not found'. but actually it creates an empty channel named play_1. THEN, I open another channel with play (that PRO names 'play_2') and tadaan, it opens it and I am able to load whatever I want! If I remove the play_1, the entire software crashes. So I keep it as it is, like a good-luck charm! I have tried the newest version, it does not work. I mean, it opens play but..just as a picture, I can't press any button nor load any instrument. And after a while, it crashes. Hope it helps.

• EW will release an update for Play in the (hopefully) near future that addresses the compatibility problem with VE Pro. The fact that it happens to work for some versions is a mere coincidence.

• Play2 works to some extent in Vista64 although when we load it into VSL Pro Server (64bit) it says its missing a component and loads a grey screen. However on loading a previsouly saved VSL metaframe it loads up fine. I know this is work in progress between VSL and EW and its very encouraging.

Kontakt 4 and GPlayer both work fine. 

• I can confirm what flashman said.

I managed to load a dense setup of Vienna Instruments, Kontakt4 and PLAY 2.0 instances in VE Pro Server 5436, under Windows 7 64 bit, using a METAFRAME created with VE Pro Server 4686. No problems are occuring so far.

Using the "Decouple" function, I can load the template connected to VE Pro Server (24 GB in RAM) under Nuendo in 10 seconds. Amazing!!!

• Bfd2 works fine, but the mono outputs have no sound..only the 8 stereo outputs work. Is there a fix?

• D16 Group " DEVASTOR " and " REDOPTOR " make VE Pro Crash !

These 2 Plugins create Distortion/Saturation/Tube FX.

cheers,

D

• last edited
    last edited

@justinraymiller said:

Does anyone know if Kontakt 3.5 or Kontakt 4 work within VE PRO 64-bit?

Hi, I can answer about K4: it works fine within VE PRO-64 bit (on a Mac Book Pro). I had a K3 license too, but installed on a 4 years old PC, I don't know if it's normal but I can't see/launch VE Pro 64 bit server so it works on a 32 bit environment. BTW, on this "old" PC thanks to VE PRo, I can use some windows instruments and effects I'd forgotten because my DAW is a Mac Pro. VS3 for instance and effects like reverbs etc... On the Mac Book, all Native Instruments work fine in VE Pro 32 bit. I work with Cubase 5. I don't use "VST Instruments" (F 11) I always use instruments Tracks (one instrument at a time, but no midi tracks) I find it easier to write music = track 1: violins 1 , track 2: VL2 etc... I launch many instances, 32 bit on the PC, 64 bit and 32 on the Mac Book. No latency, no problems, just music ! You know what? I'm happy. 😉 Cheers, Edmond

• EWQL Play vs Kontakt 3.5; Memory Servers:

they won't co-exist here, OSX.6.4. VE Pro current build. VE Pro on slave. VEP won't load both on the same VEP server, it quits every time, with what I have happening (which isn't tons in this project). Not at all surprising. I have to set up Kontakt as 4.1 64-bit to get around it. Everything gets along fine as long as the memory address kludges don't compete.

• Hello everybody,

as Vienna Ensemble PRO is now compatible with the latest version of East West PLAY and about 99,9 % of all VST/AU plug-ins out there, we decided to remove the compatibility list.

Thanks for your input, we will keep new ideas and improvements for Vienna Ensemble PRO coming!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Having a bug with omnisphere inside VSL Pro Server (Not Standalone) http://www.viddler.com/explore/Debrecini/videos/1/?secreturl=54543254 Done a quick video to demonstrate the bug. Its with regards to moving and automating the Amp Envelope / Filter Envelope and Mod Envelope. Whenever I move the ADSR controls with the mouse or try to automate via a MIDI CC the controls dont move and the GUI glitches out a little. Only the ADSR controls are buggy none of the others. I dont have this bug when running VSL in standalone mode but just with the 32bit server and 64bit server instances. I'm on a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.

• last edited
    last edited

@Debrecini said:

Having a bug with omnisphere inside VSL Pro Server (Not Standalone) http://www.viddler.com/explore/Debrecini/videos/1/?secreturl=54543254 Done a quick video to demonstrate the bug. Its with regards to moving and automating the Amp Envelope / Filter Envelope and Mod Envelope. Whenever I move the ADSR controls with the mouse or try to automate via a MIDI CC the controls dont move and the GUI glitches out a little. Only the ADSR controls are buggy none of the others. I dont have this bug when running VSL in standalone mode but just with the 32bit server and 64bit server instances. I'm on a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard.

Thanks for the detailed video.

Does this bug also happen when the server instance is connected to some master host (Logic, Ableton Live, ...), so when audio is actually being processed. My guess is that this bug will happen in any host when audio processing is disabled. 

• Well it looks like you were right. Lol this bug only happens when it's not connected. That sorted it thanks for the help. Happy days.