Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,314 users have contributed to 42,291 threads and 255,047 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Synthogy Ivory Pianos version 1.71.21 on server machine - Vista 64 bit, does not work with VEP. The plug in loads up. You can see the GUI of the plugin, but the popdown menus where one loads pianos does not react to mouse clicks and thus one cannot load any piano. There are several things in the GUI that do not react to mouse clicks. Some buttons of the GUI work. This would be an important thing to fix as Ivory Pianos is a widely used library. Thanks!

• OSX 10.5.8, VEP 32bit with KORE 2 Ver 2.1.0.009 check!

• hi, i tried the demo of vst midi extension 2.1 http://www.midevice.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=0 which is an automap like wrapper for vst plugins, so you can assign any midi controller to any parameter on any vst... but it seems to crash vsl ensemble.

•  Same problem here (Win7 64-bit), using the piano-teq 3 / 3.5 demo bits VST.  Installed, but does not show up in list.  Same problem running both 32-bit and 64-bit servers on Win7 64-bit.

• A question for Kore 2 owners. Will Kore 2 recognize the Kore controller if Kore is hosted in VEP? It seems to me that the controller is such a significant aspect of Kore that the program is almost redundant without it.

Also - do the librarian functions of Kore still work if hosted in VEP.

I'd love to move Kore from my sequencer rig, but don't want to lose any of the functionality...

Ed

• OK - here's a weird question. Will plogue host VEP? 

We use plogue to transform controller data back into keyswitch data before it gets to our Vienna Instrument library. (The reason being that Controller data will update from anywhere you press play in a sequence and a keyswitch wont - I don't want huge long keyswitch notes clogging up my scores.....)

So can I still have plogue in the background if I move over to VEP?

Ed

• last edited
    last edited

@edshearmur_22031 said:

OK - here's a weird question. Will plogue host VEP?
    Ed I've had success loading VE Pro within Bidule. Should be fine.

• "question for Kore 2 owners. Will Kore 2 recognize the Kore controller if Kore is hosted in VEP?"

Yes. You just have to install the drivers on the slave computer, and plug the controller into that machine, that doesn't travel over the soft network.

• Kontakt 4.03 is not working at the moment. Crashes VEPro on Win764 after reloading a Cubase 4 project!

• Synthogy Ivory is not working in Windows.

It does work in OS X

see thread:

http://community.vsl.co.at/forums/t/23334.aspx

• SSL Duende PCIe Plug Ins Work (Bus Compressor and Stereo Channel) UAD-Plug ins work (UAD-2 Solo Card)

• Steinberg Hypersonic 2 doesn't load the sounds.

• Hi everyone.

One question, i read that Kontakt is supported, so does that mean that any kind of VI using Kontakt would be supported?

For example LA Scoring Strings (wich runs on Kontakt 3.5)?

Again great job with that VE pro, you guys rules!!!

Best regards,

Nicolas

• BFD2 has been a nightmare in VE Pro. To use it entails having to quit before and after and restart the computer, or else the other instances using other plugins either: crash at a certain point while loading with the project they are preserved with, or BFD2 will fail to load the full BFD2 preset I have saved no matter what. VE Pro does not recall that preset in the VEP project and it has to be loaded manually each time. With a restart both ways loading is possible but awkward. The use of BFD2 in VEP seems to have messed up the whole way instances load with a Cubase project; the project takes more time to load than it did when instances of VEP loaded with the project than it does now, which does not connect with VEP, and then I'm loading the instances. Once everything is up, it's great, but loading/unloading is a PITA.

In any case, I'm using it alone and have decided for now not to bother with it under VE Pro, it just isn't playing nice with VEP or vice versa. Going back and forth to run it in Cubase on the slave machine vs my usual workflow is less of a workaround than this stuff I'm doing now.

• Trillian Disaster! -- I had a major day of crash-y, stuttery, glitchy, very frustrating behavior.  It was the first time I've used Trillian in a session.  I seem to have resolved the problem by opening the same patch in Omnisphere.  All problems gone now.

Details:  Trillian v1.1.4c (Omnisphere 1.1.4c) in VE Pro build 4686, Pro Tools 8.0.1cs1, OS 10.5.8, Mac Pro 2x2.6 Dual Core.

• Great software.

Superior drummer 2 and EZ drummer groove browser doesn't work properly for me in VE pro.  You can only loop about one beat of the groove when previewing.

Also hypersonic 2 doesn't work at all.

• Play keeps not working under Windows XP 32bit.

I tried the following interfaces: Symphonic Choirs, Voice of Passion and Ministry of Rock.

None of them properly works under VE Pro. The interface partially loads and the user can't interact with it (when I click inside the play panel the entire window of VE Pro loses the focus, while it gets back the focus when I click on toolbars or other element of the VE Pro window).

I can also assure that the Play engine didn't work properly under many other circumstances. I'm still using it through FX Teleport, but the interface exposes THOUSANDS of issues! At EastWest they are always trying to grab some money from us with new sounds, new libraries, new products.

And while they are counting down for the release of the new Hollywood Strings... we are still counting down for a stable, safe and rock solid version of play, which can run as smoothly as Vienna Instrument does!!!

• With the new beta from 18.12.2009 on my Macs all IK-Multimedia CSR Hall Plugins are shown with a white GUI. Clicking on this white GUI shows the element under the clicked area.

• last edited
    last edited

@Elias57 said:

With the new beta from 18.12.2009 on my Macs all IK-Multimedia CSR Hall Plugins are shown with a white GUI. Clicking on this white GUI shows the element under the clicked area.
    This didn't happen with 4.0.4686?

• i didn't check it with the offical build. sry.