Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,504 users have contributed to 42,303 threads and 255,090 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Steinberg The Grand 2- please, it wold be great if this worked. It loads and responds to "midi" but not sounds.

The Grand 3 DOES work but, in my opinion, has inferior piano sounds. Amazingly Steinberg have dropped the very useful and very beautiful Steinway model from The Grand3.

thanks

• i havent read all the posts in this thread,but everything i have is working well. NI Komplete6 omnisphere Stylus Trillian Ivory ReFX nexus, not sure with BFD2 ,it didn't work at first,but when i get the time i will try it again

• After a lot of use .there may be issues with Refx Nexus,im getting the occasional crash and a few times i've had a message saying i should move remove a plugin,although it doesn't tell me which one.When i look a the GUI of Nexus,the colours are all messed up.A restart fixes it.Most of the time however it is working fine

• If you experience a crash on OSX, it could help a lot to attach the crash report.

• BFD2 has been godawful here. By itself, with absolutely nothing else in the network, I can get it to work if I set BFD2 to load with that preset as if a default. But loading new kit pieces, WILL crash VEP; or, with 'load nothing' as a preference, loading a preset or kit will fail to load most of it, and 'loading new kit pieces WILL crash...'. Generally I'm working around it, Cubase on the slave machine, BFD or BFD2 as a regular plugin.

• On a Mac, BFD2 seems to work fine except for two issues:

1) No tempo sync when in a VE Server. It doesn't read tempo from the host. (Tried DP 7)

2) The mono audio outputs from BFD2 don't work. VE Pro sees the "correct" number of outputs from BFD (8 stereo and 16 mono = 16 stereo) but only the 8 stereo work. The 16 mono (as VE sees them as 8 additional stereo outs) have no audio coming from them.

• 'On a Mac', well I'm using a macpro octocore under OSX.6.2 with these issues. I think I will compile some crash reports per this 'loading causes crash in every case' and submit. With 'load preferred preset at startup' it's ok, but typically I pick a kit according to the demands of the piece's other orchestration, so this is a real problem for me.

• I just tried VE Pro with EastWest's PLAY and it seems to work, I am very surprised (in a good way obviously) since the compatibility list says it doesn't. PLAY version 1.2.05, VE Pro version 4.0 build 4881, Cubase x64 5.1.1, Windows 7 x64 on Core i7 12GB. Apparently great news (?)... but why does http://vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/1693/1742/1369.htm explicitly say it doesn't work?

• last edited
    last edited

@BenjaminCS said:

I just tried VE Pro with EastWest's PLAY and it seems to work, I am very surprised (in a good way obviously) since the compatibility list says it doesn't. PLAY version 1.2.05, VE Pro version 4.0 build 4881, Cubase x64 5.1.1, Windows 7 x64 on Core i7 12GB. Apparently great news (?)... but why does http://vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/1693/1742/1369.htm explicitly say it doesn't work?

Because it works with some versions of the software (on Windows) and not others. there is guarantee that ti will work with future versions. this is why I J-Bridge PLAY, so that I don't have to worry about future updates of VE Pro not working with PLAY.

DG

• Has anyone had good results with Korg Legacy Analog? I find that the Korg instruments usually Hang-up the VEPro engine after hitting a few notes (audio stops). The Korg Legacy collection is listed as supported plugins, but I can't seem to make it work on VEPro (build 4881) on either a Mac or Windows. Thanks, Kevin L

• I've played a bit with Korg Analog on both Mac and Windows, and I couldn't reproduce this behavior. Could you perhaps give some exact steps on how to get it to behave like this? 

• Hi Karel, Thanks for replying to my note. I'd really like this to work well, so I'm glad you are paying attention.

There isn't really much I need to do to have this happen. Happens consistently and relatively quickly for me in both PC (Windows 7) and MacOS (10.6.3, running on 3.2g 8-core).

This is what happens on my Mac (VEP v. 4.0, build 4881), no sound card, using audio line-outs, USB Midi interface (digidesign midi io), CME Vx7 Keyboard:

• 1.) launch Vienna ensemble pro
  • 2.) instantiate MonoPoly on some channel (will get the same behavior with any plugin in the collection)
  • 3.) select patch A045 ("Soft Synth Horn").
  • 4.) Play something (I was just stabbing chords. using sustain pedal too).
  • 5.) (varies, ~ 10-30 seconds) after some playing, Notes will hold in sustain. no new Midi info accepted (eg. sustain off, retriggering notes). Meters are still active, CPU is hovering around 20-25% (and updating while notes are hung). Turning off audio engine (power button in top left of VEP interface) is the only way to reset notes, and get MIDI to be accepted again. I can instantiate other plugs on other channels while the Korg plugin is hung. This happens more often when I use the sustain while playing.

I can not reproduce the same behavior on the standalone Korg applications.

Hope this helps, Is there anything you wish for me to try?

Regards,
    Kevin L

• Can you reproduce this in another host application like Logic?

• Hi again, Karel,

I have tried reproducing this problem in MainStage, and could not reproduce it. I will also try ProTools and Logic tonight.

I haven't tried another host yet on the PC.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Hi Karel,

Sorry - I could not reproduce that behavior in ProTools, Logic, or MainStage (on the Mac), nor in the standalone Korg apps. These 'hangs' happen consistently in VEPro with Korg Apps.

Regards,
    Kevin

• Ok, I've managed to reproduce this now. Will see what can be done about this. Thanks.

• Great! Thanks for your efforts.

I don't know if this is the same problem - but I did see freezes with AAS Ultra Analog (not on your compatibility list) too. Same type of behavior. It would be really cool if the same bug fix will fix both problems!

Regards,
    Kevin L

• LASS/Kontakt3.5/Cubase 5.1.1.(VSL aleady know about this)

Repro:

1.create metaframe project with kontakt and LASS

2.Make a new Cubase project (48KHZ or 96)and connect to VSL Ensemble,(decoupled)

3. Save cubase project,

4.Close Cubase

5.restart Cubase project

LASS has corrupted Legato script with hanging notes. Happens on all ensemble Pro releases.

• I can verify that this happens exactly as described on my system as well

• Thanks for confirming, this really needs sorting out.