Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,494 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,820 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@john_1332 said:

I'm having a little problem using Kontakt 4.  It works, but each time I load an instrument I get the spinning beach ball, it turns red in the Force Quit window, and then about 3 minutes later the patch appears and VE Pro responds again.  Quite odd.

I didn't know K4 had been released yet? [:O]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@DG said:

I didn't know K4 had been released yet?

DG

The strange thing is, they shipped it to me on Sept. 22nd, which is ten days before its release date of Oct 1st, and they still haven't charged my credit card for it.

It seems to behave exactly like K3.5 as far as I can tell, but it does have a slightly nicer library and browser interface.  

• And I get it yesterday but there is an error in the activation so I can't use it. Waiting for the support [:S]

• These both don't work on my system:

• Steinberg Virtual Guitarist 2 (Sounds are not loading & sometimes no instruments in the display)
    • Steinberg Virtual Bassist (Sounds are not loading)

• concerning real guitar and real strat...

anybody figured out how to use the pattern manager?  there seems to be no way to start it so it can't play the sequences???  everything else seems to work but without the pattern manager that is a problem.

I have the same problem with Reaktor there is no way to start the thing running so you lose a lot of functionality.  Also the GUI for Reakor is really screwed up can't see half of the instrument and that means that you can't get to half of the knobs to adjust things.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the software.  Just think what it will be like at version 2 or 3... scary good I'll wager!

arapahoe

• Does anyone know if Kontakt 3.5 or Kontakt 4 work within VE PRO 64-bit?

• last edited
    last edited

@justinraymiller said:

Does anyone know if Kontakt 3.5 or Kontakt 4 work within VE PRO 64-bit?
    • Kontakt 3.5 works fine on my system. I have 20 instances loaded without any problems.
    • Kontakt 4 will be tested on monday, as soon as the NI support activates my licence.

• last edited
    last edited

@arapahoe said:

concerning real guitar and real strat...

anybody figured out how to use the pattern manager?

That's right. I also can't start the pattern manager.

But now it's getting funny:

• Virtual Guitarist, Virtual Bassist and Pattern Manager of Real Guitar and Real Strat don't work inside VE Pro.

• But when you load bidule inside VE Pro and inside this bidule instance you open one of these instruments (Virtual Guitarist, Virtual Bassist, Real Guitar and Real Strat), everything works, also the pattern manager! 

• Hi, East West Play and VE pro don't function when run together in logic 9. Logic crahes when trying to open E/W Play when VE Pro is running. Note that i'm not talking about running play on my slave PC, but simply use my Play Plug-in and VE pro at the same time. This is not possible at the moment. 8 core 2,8 Ghz Logic 9.0.1 Play version 1.2.3 VE pro

• Thanks Petera!

• Just did some tests -- opening an older session where I used to run Kontakt in standalone but now run Kontakt 4 in VE Pro, when I load a patch it takes about three minutes of spinning beach ball before the patch appears.  Starting a session from scratch I can't recreate the problem; patches load as normal.  

If I can't reproduce it, I can't really call it a bug or an incompatibility -- just a mystery.

(FYI:  That's 10.5.8 on Quad 2x2.66 Mac Pro, Pro Tools 8.0.1 and Kontakt 4.)

• Play GUI will not load (current version 1.2.05, latest iLok extension) in VE Pro here:

MacBook Pro 5.1. 64-bit or 32-bit kernel

(2.4 ghz duo core, 4 GB RAM, OSX.6.1)

NI Kontakt 3, Battery 3, Absynth 4, Kore 2 all fine.

Absynth 4 FX, Guitar Rig 3 FX, Guitar Rig 3 MFX, Kore 2 FX, all fine.

IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 (incl Fender, Jimi Hendrix, Ampex SVX, Metal) fine

IK Multimedia TRackS all fine.

FxPansion BFD 2 fine.

• On my system: Windows XP Sp 3 So far I've noticed the following: PSP Nitro and Yellow Tools Origami work OK IK Multimedia SampleTank seems to be OK. IK Multimedia CSR Hall is OK, but Plate and Room aren't detected! IK Mutimedia T-Rracks3 Classic Clipper is detected but not the rest of the T-Tacks 3 suite. Gladiator works OK, but the editor GUI won't show.

• Garritan Steinway Virtual Concert Grand (64-bit) loads to VE Pro as VSTi plug-in, seems to receive midi (the "led" blinks), but doesn't play the sounds via midi. I can however play the sounds from the VST:s virtual keyboard with mouse clicks, so the sounds do work. 

• Samplelord 1.5.5 runs nicely. Bank / program change over midi works. So now you can stream your Giga files over lan. Samplelord 2 will be 64bit.

• last edited
    last edited

@orchetect said:

Plogue Bidule 0.9690 (as a VST plugin) crashes VEPro on Mac OSX 10.5.8. (Not sure about on Windows) Every incarnation of the plugin will crash it.. both the VST and the FX inserts.

With 0.9690 I also had these crashes on windows 64bit. I updated to bidule 0.9693 and now it works. Maybe this also works on Mac?

Best regards,

Peter

• All issues I noted are fixed now with the 4536 build. Thanks!

• HI, Thanks for the new update! It fixed my problem with PLAY crashing in logic 9. I updated the PLAY software engine and VE Pro, and they now work together. This post is about a new problem. In Logic 9.0.1, when switching the AU VE PRO from sterio to multi output after having connected to the VE PRO slave computer, everything freezes and a restart is needed. This was not the case with VE 3. OSX 10.5.7 Logic 9.0.1 VE Pro Build 4536 Connected to Slave: WIN XP64 pro Cheers

• VE pro is really agreat software and a tricky one to so here is my litle contribution :

Melodyne the GUI desapear on different action and re appear...

Crystalizer doesn't show presets and when you touch any parameter it will freeze and crach VE pro (same for any other sound toys FX plus GUI is a mess)

Wave SSL works fine.

On my PPC G5 : VE pro seems to work fine but some things are not clear to me : VE pro will recognise NI East West Symphonic Choir but not the other NI EW Library like RA, SO Gold XP, Colossus etc...Neither it will see Athmosphere or Trilogy witch are on the list.

Thanks for the last update, keep up the good work.

• Pianoteq is my ony vst not working.

It doesn't even appear in the list of VST instruments (its definitely installed.)