Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,226 users have contributed to 42,285 threads and 255,022 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Hey Rob - I know what you mean.  I had a 'freeze' fest on my last project.   REALLY want this VEPRO (in this case to get my vsti's out of my DAW software and take advantage of all this ram I have on my main Daw.)

If for any reason this gets 'delayed' longer than a week or two I'll be installing Bidule as well.

Rob

• Hi Rob,

Listen, I'm going to start doing some digging around to see if I can find any good Bidule tutorials and I'll certainly pass them your way...please do the same if you come across anything that will make this set-up a bit easier to understand.

•  I briefly tested out bidule and was able to make everything work by following a small tutorial I found online (not sure where that is now, sorry). If you're just using bidule as a VST host, there's not much too it; it just looks more complicated because of all the 'wiring', etc.

I believe the help file that comes with bidule will get you there.

Also, Michael Patti at Cinesample made this great little video showing his setup with bidule. You can learn a lot just by watching this -- and it will fill in the blanks.

Mahlon

• I was recently looking into Bidule and I came across a set of tutorials that they recommend.  Here is the link:

http://plpheads.noisepages.com/the-bidule-tutorials/

I watched the first one which was pretty useful, I suspect the rest are as well. 

Best of luck,

Kevin

• last edited
    last edited

At the risk of pointing at a competitor, Thomas Regin did a really nice tutorial on combining Bidule and jBridge here.

The jBridge part gets you past the 32/64 bit issues. Thomas was using this in Sonar for EastWest samples, but the approach he took ought to work equally well for Vienna.

• Here is an odd question. I want to but VE Pro but have no need for the sample Library. I read that I could buy VE3 now and upgrade to VEPro when it is released. The problem is that you can not buy VE3 unless you have another VSL product registered!?

• VE3 only loads Vienna Library Instruments as I understand it, so this would be why you need a Vienna registration for it.

With VE Pro being able to load other instruments (non-Vienna libraries), I assume this will all change. 

VE3 cannot help you in the mean time unless you have Vienna Instruments for it.

• last edited
    last edited

@digiot said:

Here is an odd question. I want to but VE Pro but have no need for the sample Library. I read that I could buy VE3 now and upgrade to VEPro when it is released. The problem is that you can not buy VE3 unless you have another VSL product registered!?

I think that the free upgrade from VE3 is for loyal VSL users. As you are not a loyal VSL user, I doubt that you would get the free update from VE3. [;)]

DG

•  At the moment, the VE provides a newtwork home for the Vienna Instruments, so yes, you have to have a product registered in order to buy VE. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. But with the coming of VE Pro, it would seem that that policy might change because it can be now the network home of outside parties, too. But as of today, without a release, the only thing VE can do for you is to host your VSL Instruments, so you'd have to have some VSL Instruments purchased to host.

Mahlon

• Buy some of their outstanding products and become a customer.  Then buy the VE3 Pro software.  They are in business to make money I believe.

PROFIT makes it possible to keep coming up with fantastic stuff like this.  Really, it's not all about YOU

Also when you try their products I'm sure you will want to buy more they're fantastic!

arapahoe

• don't tell people off arapahoe!  ("it's not all about YOU"?)

• Yeah,  I didn't mean that the way it reads.  I should have been more careful.

arapahoe

• [:P]