Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,440 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,796 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 22 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• yes... one minute there's an imminent release, the next all mention is quietly dropped from the site.

the lull before the storm perhaps...

:-)

• Hello everybody,

With the release of MIR we have even more resources to throw in for the development of VE PRO. I have to admit that it doesn´t look like we can make it until the end of july, I´m expecting a delay of 2-4 weeks. So right now we are  forcussing on a release in august, hopefully rather sooner than later.

We´re sorry that we have to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • For sure not good news - but it is news.  Thanks Paul.   I may have to pick up jbridge now.   Well, it is not that expensive though.

For sure looking forward to VEPRO.

Rob

• Thanks for letting us know.  2-4 more weeks hopefully it will be released in August, and won't venture into Sept, Oct., ...etc   

Seriously .... Patience is running pretty low here  ! [:)]

I'm sure VE-Pro will be a great success, we need a solid first version release. So, tweak it till it's steady, and ready for prime time !

Well.... hopefully the extra two to four weeks will make a difference. 

Cheers. 

• Just a statement of what may not be the bleeding obvious: this is software that's taking the place of audio and MIDI hardware. You have to be able to rely on it without fail, or your entire army of computers is out of business.

I wouldn't like to install it half-baked.

• (In other words, VSL is absolutely right to wait until it's overwhelmingly ready.)

• Nice reminder Nick.   Worth waiting ANY amount of time.   If it is only 95% there  - it will be a deal breaker.   VSL's track record has been stellar.   'When' it is released it will be the 'right' time.

Rob

• Just checking in to see if there is any progress and if we're getting close to a release date yet?

• Sorry to be a pest but any word on a release this month?

I have a film project starting Sept 2nd and if it looks like August isn't going to be a reality, I'll have to find an alternative, like Bidule, during the interim (I have some VSTs that I need to put on my other computers). 

Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to provide!

Regards,

Rob Pottorf

• I am in the exact same situation.  Rob  - if you go to Bidule - please let me know your impressions,

Rob

• Will do Rob. Really dreading trying to figure out a new software as daunting as Bidule! Hopefully we'll get an answer soon before I have to "pull this trigger."

• I too am hoping, 'not Bidule', not right now

• Hi,

we are currently battling some bugs here - end of august is still the goal here!

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Rob - same here.  It is not the cost but the 'learning curve' set up.  Like to be able to do only one. :)

Thanks Paul and good luck ironing out the last bugs.

• Same boat here, Rob, and Rob. I'm trying to wait it out for VE Pro -- alternative was to go with Bidule until then. But, end of August sounds good to me! Thanks Paul.

Mahlon

• Wo! This is gonna be a tight one!!! I'm rootin' for ya VSL technical team!

• I'm in the same boat. Starting another film at the end of the month - sure could use VE PRO in a big way. 

• last edited
    last edited

With all due respect guys, I wouldn't risk using the first release of VE Pro on a big gig, unless there was no tight deadline. We all know that the Vienna stuff should be OK, but all it takes is one dodgy VSTi like PLAY, and the whole thing could come crashing down. Personally, I wouldn't risk it for the whole shebang until I'd read on the forum (for at least a month) that nobody was having problems.

Then again,. I don't usually take risks with software. That's why my system has never let me down. Yet.................! [:P]

DG

• I didn't swith to DP 6 until after a year after it was released. I suspect we're all seasoned enough to know that using a new software on a tight deadline is never a good idea, but basing this on a July release that would've given plenty of time to work out the bugs, the scenario has changed a bit. In my case, I really don't have an option as I have to run these VSTs (they're fortunately not PLAY but KONTAKT) on my farms. Sometimes circumstances don't leave many options...unless Bidule is the only option out there.

DG, if you have any suggestions, I think we'd all love to hear them!

Thanks!

• DG - I have had this fact NAGGING at me since the annoucement of delay (if VSl is running down these bugs - EVEN VSL may not catch all the little critters.)  Seriously VSL is the BEST sample/software company out there on this sort of beta testing thing BUT they/we are all human.   I am now giving some serious consideration to something like Bidule.  Get VE PRO for the next project later in the year.