Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,219 users have contributed to 42,284 threads and 255,018 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• +1 for K3.5.   working with VE PRO is critical for me.

Rob

• +2 for K3....ditto!

• Not me...K3.5 works fine in DAW and DAW desktop/Bidule. East West is the issue. 

• +3 for K3

• Is it possible to run VE2 and K 3.5 simultaneously in stand alone mode on a 64-bit (vista) slave machine, or is that just asking for trouble?

Gaute Storaas

www.gautestoraas.no

• welcome gaute, yes - as far as your audio device's ASIO drivers are multi-client (i.e. allow both applications to access the audio device simultaneously, usually on different channels though)

christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@rpmusic said:

That sounds promising. So, if I run Rewire I can then route MIDI and AUDIO via the network? I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to this side of things but I'm fairly confident that Digital Performer handles Rewire.

I just wanted to make sure that there would be some sort of conflict or "bottleneck" if I ran VE and Bidule side by side.

Hi ,

although Bidule runs very stable (!)  rewired alongside my Logic 8 + VE2.0  setup ,

there are two things you should be aware of when using   Bidule in Rewire-Mode :

1 .The Rewire App runs only on one core  , which can easily  lead to system overload messages ( ...depending on your particular arrangement ...).

2. There is still a bug even in the latest Bidule release  ( Bidule 0.9690  / from July 6th 2009 )- at least  on my  Mac G5 / OS 10.4.11 ,

which leads to hanging Midi-Notes every now and then .  This might (?) be different on other systems  ( Intel / OS Leopard / etc. ... ) .

Best

- Gerd

•  Could someone briefly explain why one uses Rewire? I've googled it, but I'm not sure I understand when it's needed or desired in a pipeline. Is it for useful when you're running Bidule/hosting vst on the same machine as the DAW resides? Rewire doesn't actually send audio of ethernet, does it?

Sorry for the OT...

Oh... +4 for Kontakt 3.5/VEP stable goodness.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

• ReWire is used on the same machine as the sequencer.

People use it instead of hardware-returns from Bidule because the timing is better. Also you don't need another audio interface to get the audio returns back to the sequencer.

•  Thanks, Jack. Got it now.

Mahlon

• Man - every time I get an email on this thread - I think - IT'S RELEASED!!!!! :(

• I'm with you, Rob...it's drivin' me crazy!

• Ve 3 Pro Release date.... When?Please.... I will start a new project in few days and really need some information .

Regards

• Are there any news about the release date? I believe I read somewhere in the forum that end of August was estimated...??

• Yes, please we are all dying to know when is VE Pro being released. Please give us an update. An official release date, or at least a beta testing option. Thanks.

• I can tell you what the answer is: WE DON'T KNOW YET and therefore can't commit to a release date.

This is software!

[It occurs to me that it may not be clear - I don't work for VSL, of course!]

• last edited
    last edited

A friend of mine received this email yesterday...has anyone else received this?

the content of the newsletter can be found here - if you have subscribed to our newsletter you should have it already in your inbox

• My apologies for posting the previous thread...I didn't even think about the email address attached. But thanks for the link.

Won't happen again.

• Hi. I am ANOTHER Rob but the Rob above took the words out of my mouth. I have to get this going now so I'm about to install Bidule etc. Not that I understand it yet, a step by step would be helpful. VEPRO is the way to go, but I have to do this right now so it's Bidule for me in the mean time.

(To clarify, for the moment what I need to do is run Vienna SE+, East West, and Kontakt 3.5 (converted Giga instruments) as much as possible, all on the same 16 gig 8-core Mac as Digital Performer. I wanna see how much I can max this out and, if necessary, then add an additional mac (with VE/PRO by then hopefully). This is to replace Gigastudio machines which have failed as systems now. Rather than replace the failed PC machines and/or trouble shoot (as I have done so many times), I'm now attempting to go ALL MAC. Other composers have achieved this successfully with Bidule.)

• Just thought I'd check in again and see if there was any word about it being PPC compatible? In addition to that, is there any good tutorials out there to set up Bidule on multiple machines?

Trying to plan a "Preemptive Strike," just  in case.

Thanks in advance for any advice!