Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,237 users have contributed to 42,653 threads and 256,737 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 83 new user(s).

• Still looking forward to this!  I agree this could be a big mainstream producer's tool, because it immediately enables you to combine Macs, PCs, 32 bit and 64bit software.  Everyone is currently having to make compromises - you can't use a 32bit sequencer with 64bit plugs, or use all your 64bit OS memory, and you can't use a 64bit sequencer with certain 32bit plugs.

It's all a mess, but now VE Pro will enable people to use all the best options all together for the first time.  It's very significant and goes way beyond the VSL owner's community.

Can't wait!

ps. if only your next version can work as an effect insert you'll have it all sewn up!

pps.  Has anyone else here realised that just perhaps... this will be a means to run one central server computer full of dongled plugins, being accessed over the LAN by multiple composers each with a different sequencer running.... just a thought, if you're in a studio with more than one composer....

• last edited
    last edited

@dagmarpiano said:

pps.  Has anyone else here realised that just perhaps... this will be a means to run one central server computer full of dongled plugins, being accessed over the LAN by multiple composers each with a different sequencer running.... just a thought, if you're in a studio with more than one composer....

I doubt that this will work, apart from being illegal. [;)]

DG

•  I am really looking forward to this. I already got VE 3 to upgrade to VE pro.

Great work VSL team!

• How do,

So....I got studio downtime this weekend......and the "beginning of September" is fast moving into the "middle of Sept"........[:P]

Chances of using the weekend to install VE Pro?......or shall I buy a weekend pass to my local Beer festival......[:D][B]

P

• Again - I say - release the version/platform that is solid (hopefully that is PC/Nuendo/K3.5)[:)]  - with more to follow as the kinks get worked out.

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Again - I say - release the version/platform that is solid with more to follow as the kinks get worked out.

I agree.

• +1 :)

• One more +1 for any 'ready for prime time version'. :)

- my logic is if my 'system' (Nuendo) works - I can tell everyone else 'it will be worth the wait'.    Good Marketing.   :):):)

What say ye VSL?

• Given that there are only two more weeks remaining in September, I wonder, will VE-Pro be released during Sept. ? or will it be delayed again... Possibly to OCT. ?  Can we expect some new Pre-Release info. or announcement form VSL ?

It's been a bit too quiet lately as far as VE-Pro news is concerned, or any new info. regarding progress from VSL.

I totally understand that if it's not ready yet for prime time functionality, and is not very stable,  then it's simply not ready for release, but some update, on progress, or new release date announcement (if this applies), would be a bit comforting, given the amount of time already past since it was first announced. 

Thanks. 

• I think that whatever news VSL gives us there will be people moaning and whining about something, so maybe it's better to have no news, and just be presented with a fait accomplis. [;)]

DG

• VSL has one of the best track records in the business when it comes to meeting their target release dates so It shouldn't be much longer.

• *tic - tock* *tic - tock* *tic - tock* *tic - tock* *tic - tock* ......[:D]

• Hey that is getting FARTHER away.   You should think 'positively' and make is a COUNTDOWN.   But don't start at 10,456,567,456.  :)

• Good point, Rob.... *Tock - Tic* *Tock - Tic* *Tock - Tic* *Tock - Tic* *Tock - Tic* [:D]

• Some news would be appreciated.

I bought a new computer as an extra slave after receiving the 'beginning of September release' news at the end of last month. It's recently started looking up at me mournfully as if to ask "what is my purpose exactly?". 

• Hi everybody,

it´s looking good, some preparation work still left to do - we´re just finishing the manual, and there will be a few videos available, while the last tests are being performed. Of course we need to be extra careful with the lasts tests on release candidates. I still can´t give you a release date, but we´re getting much closer. Beginning of next week could be possible.

Thanks for your patience, everybody. Our development team has added some REALLY cool features that nobody expected in the course of beta-testing. You will like it [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks for the update Paul!  Like everyone else around here, I can't wait to get my hands on this [;)]

• Smashing! [:D]

Thanks Paul.

• Thanks for the info Paul !!!

- Gerd

• Down on my knees and praying for PPC support....