Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,239 users have contributed to 42,653 threads and 256,737 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 81 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

welcome robjohn33,

no, you don't need to have a Vienna Instruments Library registered for purchasing VE PRO, however it will take another month or so until it will be released ....

kompakt is a player for certain libraries - from what i've heard it will run as well as kontakt

christian

So, you are pretty confident that VE Pro will host Kontakt 3.5? I did already invest in VE Pro. If it will host K3.5, I intend to invest in a second machine and run one as a slave. This is all good news, I'm more than impressed as it is, with Vienna.

• last edited
    last edited

@am_27761 said:

I think that the point is that VE Pro does not send audio from the host to the slave. VE Pro will receive only MIDI on the slave and will send audio back to the host. So audio is one-way.

So yes, FXT is the only app that does that.

Thanks to clarifiy this embarrassing restrictions "audio is one way". But perhaps it will be two ways in a future?!

Best regards

Dup

• I'm not sure I'd describe it as an "embarrassing restriction". VE Pro is designed to be an instrument host, so there is no need to have audio going in both directions. Although it would be useful to have VE Pro work like a cross-platform FX teleport it's not really what it's been created to do. Who knows though - maybe they are planning this for future versions...

Incidentally is there any more information on when we can expect it to be released? I know these things are flexible and a lot of problems can occur at the last minute but I was just wondering how it's progressing.

Martin

• last edited
    last edited

@mosso said:

I'm not sure I'd describe it as an "embarrassing restriction". 

Sorry I didn't want to say or that someboy thinks that....! but for me it can be a restriction but not sure.. Must try when I will buy a new pc with more power... don't want for example to buy two altiverb or plugin twice

Dup

• Dup - Vienna Suite comes with three licences, not just one. You could use VS Convolution Reverb on two machines, provided you have downloaded the licences to two individual eLicensers (aka. "Vienna keys").

HTH,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi all.

I'm late to the party looking at VE pro - I understand the basic nature of this major upgrade - running third party plugins across your sample based network - mac and pc... whatever... but I can't find the write up still existing anywhere. Is there still a working link where the nuts and bolts of Ve pro are explained?

Cheers

David Tobin

• follow link below David.

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/538/1683/1275.htm

• After reading Davids post i thought about it and I wonder why VSL hasn't done some type of page for this already.  Like they did for MIR and every other product. They could of (should have) had a page by now dedicated to juicing up the release of this application and all its new functions.  Especially since we are so close to its release date.

I just think it would catch peoples eye to see it on the main page as a coming soon.  Seems like it would possibly generate more purchases of it from people who have no idea what it even is, or that it's even coming.  I myself can't wait.  I am so excited about it.  (not the same kind of excited as running into Selma Hyack on the side of the street, but close...).

Maestro2be

• Just let VSL do their thing. No one wants it any more or any quicker than me. Let's not distract them. I'll bet they're close. They probably are shuffling around a lot of thing to decide what's going to go into ver. 1 and what they have to leave to ver 1.1.

Slightly OT but the greatest and most unexpected run-in on the street was running in to the Pope. Not kidding. NYC - just off of 62nd (or so) & Madison in the mid-90's.

• last edited
    last edited

@cgernaey said:

I wonder why VSL hasn't done some type of page for this already
    ummm, you know it is summer and hot in vienna and we love more to enjoy our holidays ;-)

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • No!!  You must not sleep!  You must not drink, party or enjoy life until the release of VE PRO!!  LOL ;).  You will have all winter to recover!! :P.

Maestro2be

• I wonder, are we looking into another VE-Pro release date delay, possibly a Sept. release ? or is it going to finally happen during the last few days of Aug. ? 

Given that OSX-Snow Leopard is right around the corner, could this be a reason for further VE-Pro release delay ?

• I'd imagine VSL have had their hands on a copy of Snow Leopard for some time now. The delay's probably down to a boardroom squabble over the colour scheme of the new GUI.

Looking forward to it's arrival even if it is green. And orange..

Colin

• Apple has just announced OSX Snow Leopard release date :  August 28th  (Now It's Official) !  

Will VE-Pro be next  ?  Maybe an early Sept. release ? 

• Visa card services has balked several times, when I bought here, I have to get on the phone and authorize. These haven't been large purchases, maybe the whole thing of 'Vienna Symphonic Libary' sounds so luxurious, like somebody's trying to get away with something. [6]

vienna ensemble, is per se worth the price of admission, since all you have to do is buy some download single instrument to qualify. It's Vienna Suite (which was on sale at the time) that got me interested in VSL; which was always scary from the legacy days of the Cube, it's so high end...

• We're all being polite and waiting. But I'll jump in and ask: Any release date yet????!!!

:)

• Hi Rob,

also being polite, I´d like to point to our newsletter that was sent out a few days ago. It will be the beginning of september, which is, I have to confess, a term that ca be stretched.

We´re very happy to see that much interest, and we´re doing our best to improve every last bit of it, in these last days of beta testing.

Software development is an evolutionary process, and it´s hard to predict when it´s really ready. And we simply won´t release a software that is not really ready [:)]

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • I both hate and love this philosophy.

VSL's software releases are usually TWO builds/updates ahead for the competition.   This software would be the CENTRAL part of our workflow - if it is released and holds up projects because of pesky bugs - VSL doesn't have enough employees to handle the 'heat'.

Having said that - where in the heck is it VSL?[:P]

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

We´re very happy to see that much interest,

Lol...I posted long ago, when several of us were first asking for 3rd party support, that if someone just came along and did this, it would do very well because this is the one thing that all of us could really use. I'm happy that the interest is there, although I knew it would be. And I hope it does VSL really well. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this became one of your biggest selling products. 

I know you'll put it out when it's ready. 

• Anyone ever heard of Melodyne by Celemony???  Now there is a product that has been delayed!   I think VEPro will be out soon and it's gonna be sweet.

I'm new by the way...Nice to meet you all.  

I happened on VE3 by accident and then discovered Pro was due out soon so I don't have any of the delay fatigue some of you might be experiencing.  Go visit the Celemony web site... you'll feel better!

Arapahoe...