Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,687 users have contributed to 42,312 threads and 255,136 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 13 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• If it's the cube it may be that it breaks down into smaller new Horizon packages as well. For example if you can't afford the whole cube maybe you can purchase a Horizon version of muted brass - which I hope is true.

As I said before the graphic seems to indicate three distinct packages

• last edited
    last edited

@theiss2003 said:

Price ? I would guess somewhere around 10.000 (Euro).....

19.999 EUR, to me, and I guess that the new Performance Set will cost 16.999 EUR.

But you will be offered the opportunity to ask for a loan to be paid back in 120 months.

• Whatever it is has the number "800 000" attached to it - assuming that:
    A) The coming release is the Symphonic Cube
    B) One follows the same proportions of the current Complete Symphonic Edition
    C) The 800 000 relates to included sample count

That could potentially mean that the SC will have ~495 gigs of content.

Wow.

• Whatever it is, in Italy we ran out of money. Cash dispensers and credit cards say GAME OVER when you try to use them.

[6]

• Since we're all put in the position of speculating, why not have fun?

Here goes ...

I think it's going to be the Choir with a very interesting new Performance Tool and the "Vocal Tool" that allows you to enter text and, voila, the proper phonemes and transitional sounds will be automatically stitched together ... resulting in the choir being able to actually speak! No more only "ooohs" and "blaaahs" from sample choirs.

Or, maybe it's the newly redesigned Performanc Tool (called "Dynamic Tool") + Symphonic Cube. The new tool automatically detects crescendo and diminuendo in a sequence (and knows its length) inserting just the right dynamic sample to match. Magically, it also works in real time.

- Paul
    http://www.fauxharmonic.com

• VSL's Marketing dept WILL BE getting a raise on this idea (even though it is kind of cheesy and out of character for VSL). [:'(]

Rob

• Ok, So we don't know what's in 13 days, right? Was I confused...

• Of course we know, it's undoubtedly the Symphonic Cube. Nothing less would be hyped up so much. With all the square and cube references, the 800,000 (number of samples), and the "It's not a Dream" slogan, which slams the belief by many that it was never going to happen; it has to be none other than SC.

The Next Generation is exactly that - the next generation in orchestral sample libraries. Bigger, better and more realistic ('natural').

It's just a shame I won't be able to afford it - just yet...

• Oh, and can someone please correct the spelling error in this thread's title? It's annoying me no end. [8o|]

• last edited
    last edited

@Mobius said:

Oh, and can someone please correct the spelling error in this thread's title? It's annoying me no end. [8o|]

You just beat me to that... Every time I get an email notification it bugs me rigid!!

• Opus 1 contains approximately one third of Cubes' samples.

Rebus sic stantibus, Opus 3 should contain 800.000/3 = 266.000 samples?

[[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Chinablu said:

Opus 1 contains approximately one third of Cubes' samples.

Rebus sic stantibus, Opus 3 should contain 800.000/3 = 266.000 samples?

[[;)]]
    The Complete Orchestral Package Pro Edition has 385586 samples and the Opus 1 has 40107 samples which makes a ratio of 9.61. That would make Opus 3 about 83000 samples. That would be cool as I might be able to afford it. [*-)]

• My theory is this:

1. The 'Next Generation' refers to performance tool integration into iMIDI as well as 24 bit samples.

2. The '800,000' refers to the amount of samples in the Symphonic Cube.

3. And the 'Natural' refers to the natural impulse response acheived with the MIR project...

[:P]

Anyway, November 26 is just around the corner, so we will all find out soon.

• Might not be easy to sleep on Nov 25th!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Might not be easy to sleep on Nov 25th!

Almost as difficult as sleeping on December 24th! [:D]

Please Father Christmas, can I have a Symphonic Cube in my stocking this year? [[;)]]

• Geez, this could work out splendidly! In2 weeks this should be close to the time I receive my "quad" (I have no computer right now...), and then to top it off the "Surprise Package" from VSL, should blend in sooooo nicely with the quad...

Babalooooooo!!!!!!!!

Remember that one?

• Pffff, come on you guys....you're all wrong. This all just a ploy....misdirection.

The REAL surprise that they're trying to hide is that Herb and Michael are coming out with a live comedy album doing their own standup routines.

• It would be exciting if it were the choir, but it really must be the Cube - we all know that there has been no end of work going on to produce this, and it must be ready now. Which will be rather exciting as well. [H]
    Though for me.. in more theoretical way rather than a practical one for obvious reasons... [:(]
    Unless of course the long talked of 'modular' purchasing method is here at which point everything remains to be seen...

• last edited
    last edited

@THoffelt said:

Pffff, come on you guys....you're all wrong. This all just a ploy....misdirection.

The REAL surprise that they're trying to hide is that Herb and Michael are coming out with a live comedy album doing their own standup routines.

Excellent... [:D]

• No, I'll go with the comedy album. Seriously!