Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,805 users have contributed to 42,370 threads and 255,386 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Opus 1 contains approximately one third of Cubes' samples.

Rebus sic stantibus, Opus 3 should contain 800.000/3 = 266.000 samples?

[[;)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Chinablu said:

Opus 1 contains approximately one third of Cubes' samples.

Rebus sic stantibus, Opus 3 should contain 800.000/3 = 266.000 samples?

[[;)]]
    The Complete Orchestral Package Pro Edition has 385586 samples and the Opus 1 has 40107 samples which makes a ratio of 9.61. That would make Opus 3 about 83000 samples. That would be cool as I might be able to afford it. [*-)]

• My theory is this:

1. The 'Next Generation' refers to performance tool integration into iMIDI as well as 24 bit samples.

2. The '800,000' refers to the amount of samples in the Symphonic Cube.

3. And the 'Natural' refers to the natural impulse response acheived with the MIR project...

[:P]

Anyway, November 26 is just around the corner, so we will all find out soon.

• Might not be easy to sleep on Nov 25th!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Might not be easy to sleep on Nov 25th!

Almost as difficult as sleeping on December 24th! [:D]

Please Father Christmas, can I have a Symphonic Cube in my stocking this year? [[;)]]

• Geez, this could work out splendidly! In2 weeks this should be close to the time I receive my "quad" (I have no computer right now...), and then to top it off the "Surprise Package" from VSL, should blend in sooooo nicely with the quad...

Babalooooooo!!!!!!!!

Remember that one?

• Pffff, come on you guys....you're all wrong. This all just a ploy....misdirection.

The REAL surprise that they're trying to hide is that Herb and Michael are coming out with a live comedy album doing their own standup routines.

• It would be exciting if it were the choir, but it really must be the Cube - we all know that there has been no end of work going on to produce this, and it must be ready now. Which will be rather exciting as well. [H]
    Though for me.. in more theoretical way rather than a practical one for obvious reasons... [:(]
    Unless of course the long talked of 'modular' purchasing method is here at which point everything remains to be seen...

• last edited
    last edited

@THoffelt said:

Pffff, come on you guys....you're all wrong. This all just a ploy....misdirection.

The REAL surprise that they're trying to hide is that Herb and Michael are coming out with a live comedy album doing their own standup routines.

Excellent... [:D]

• No, I'll go with the comedy album. Seriously!

• If it is the new cube, I hope there's an upgrade VIP price that isn't too bad. I've only just bought my VSL Pro [:|]

• last edited
    last edited

@dummy said:

If it is the new cube, I hope there's an upgrade VIP price that isn't too bad. I've only just bought my VSL Pro [:|]

Me too! But the Pro Ed should keep me amused for a bit!! The tough thing will be if this new release has a new 'killer' feature...

• I really hope that the price won't be "killer" for those loyal users who have boughten the complete pro edition....I wonder if there will be a killer feature [:P]....What IF they somehow used the technique of Synful but used their sample quality? It would be great to somehow not have to get gigantic machines to use this stuff. I think CM or Dietz mentioned they were "looking into it" as if they were seeing into the possibility of incorporating it. Who know? [[:|]]

• I don't like the fact that VSL isn't giving much about what is getting released? No demo's or info whatsoever.....c'mon don't we get any more info??

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin Haynes said:

I don't like the fact that VSL isn't giving much about what is getting released? No demo's or info whatsoever.....c'mon don't we get any more info??

I can't imagine they'll say a single thing till release day. Any announcement or hint would ruin the hype. I think it's pretty cool.

• Gentlemen (and Ladies), as there's no information at all, don't you run the risk of dissappointment if the release turns out to be epic tom toms or legato tympanis or something like that? I'm sure the VSL team are more than amused by all this speculation, and i actually find it quite entertaining, but do none of you have any patience at all? And if this release is another finely crafted smaller library, won't you feel let down as a result of your own mythical dreams and aspirations?

Never mind. There's only 12 more sleeps to go........!

Regards to you all,

Alex.

[H]

• There's NO doubt in my mind, at all, that this is the long awaited Symphonic Cube. If I'm wrong, I will eat my pro edition. The interesting thing will be to see if it comes on a hard drive or just DVD's, etc. It will undoubtably be huge....we already know it will include all of the Horizon series, plus Dave's Euphonium, and goodness knows what else. All in all, very exciting.

Best wishes to all those that can afford it!

Andy

• I agree with you there. It's for sure Symponic Edition 1 [;)]! I mean the picture gives it away in the newsletter! I'm more curious about what is IN the edition as well as cost. Is it within or reach or really a "dream"....

• If it's on DVD, then it's coming in twenty-eight days, because it'll take two weeks to load.

Anyway, we're about seven weeks from NAMM, so I do think this will be a VSL benchmark release. And I assume it's SC too.

Considering Keymap, Quad Macs and others, it should make for a news-filled December and January. Or so I hope.

• On countdown number 12, they've revealed more...

550 - could that be 550GB of data?

Authenticity and intelligence. Sounds like it's going to be easier to use and sound more realistic.

[:)]