Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,378 users have contributed to 42,295 threads and 255,061 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• The sheer lust that i'm feeling now is probably nothing comparaed to how i'll feel once i actually know what it is!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Isn't it neat the way we see the numbers come forward in the countdown? I wish I could get screen clock that tells the time like that so I could put in my studio... [H]

OK back to the countdown....

Actually get an old PC that is capable of displaying flash, an el cheapo TFT screen to hang on your wall and someone who programs that (isn't that hard for a skilled web designer I guess) and run it in fullscreen mode. Fancy clocks always were a bit more expensive [:D]

PolarBear

• Hm...I just felt I had to add a post to this thread until it´s too late. [:D]

/Mattias

• I woke up my 5 year old son this morning (US Eastern Time) to come to the computer with me to watch the countdown. In his own words:

Felix: I walked all around to see if you were in the TV room, but you were not there. [[:|]] So, I checked downstairs and you were there.

Paul: So, what do you think about the countdown in Vienna?

Felix: I think, um, that the countdown in Vienna is going to be some kind of talking computer. [8-)]

Paul: But what about orchestra music? How will it relate to that?

Felix: It will play real loud. It can sing!

Bye!

• Well, well, well!!!

This is truly exciting! More than I expected, really. It looks like they've met user's wishes for control, AND wishes for a financially easier, more gradual upgrade path ALL AT ONCE! This is very impressive, indeed. And it IS available for the Mac, which I somehow didn't expect.

I'm a bit frustrated, though, that I can't get at the articulation lists... the "product info" buttons don't exist at all on my system.

Anyway, I quite honestly just woke up from a deep sleep about 20 minutes before this announcement... I didn't even consciously know how many hours ahead Vienna was!!! Oh god, I really must be the Master Nerd.

Back to bed... yeah right, as if I can sleep now...

J.

• articulation lists for solo strings, chamber strings and woodwinds I are coming soon ... the others are not ready yet unfortunately
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.