Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,237 users have contributed to 42,653 threads and 256,737 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 83 new user(s).

• Happy MAC-world... indeed! [:D]

[:O]ops:

• Dear Customers,

a new Syncrosoft Master Installer (5.2.0.0) has been released.

The license database has been updated.

With this installer, the format of the license database (SLD-files)
    changed, so it will not be possible to use the Update License Database
    feature of older LCCs. Trying this will cause an appropriate message
    that asks the user to download the latest installer.

Initial start-up times of Vienna Instruments should be fixed again with this installer!

http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html

Best,

M a y a

• Thx Maya! [:D]

• GREAT! ...after 5.2.0.0 my VI open after 5 minutes! [[:|]]

No offense... but... Are you... are they (at Syncrosoft) kidding? [*-)]:

(Please, don't say to me that "I'd not have to install the update"...)

[8-)] ...so to speak...

• last edited
    last edited

@rino amato said:

GREAT! ...after 5.2.0.0 my VI open after 5 minutes! [[[:|]]]
    No offense... but... Are you... are they (at Syncrosoft) kidding? [*-)]:
    (Please, don't say to me that "I'd not have to install the update"...)
    [8-)] ...so to speak...

I confirm rino's 5200-statement: [[[:|]]]
    ...even if I can count only 3 minutes (~1'30" bevor > with 5.0.6.2)

Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • rino, how many licenses do you have on the key where it takes 5 minutes?
    we tested startup times between not even 30 seconds and a few seconds more than one minute (windows a little less, ppc-mac a little more, but in any case the difference is seconds)
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

rino, how many licenses do you have on the key where it takes 5 minutes?
    we tested startup times between not even 30 seconds and a few seconds more than one minute (windows a little less, ppc-mac a little more, but in any case the difference is seconds)
    christian

Hallo Christian
    I'm not Rino but nevertheless...
    The cube, the soprano choir and the organ

All the best
    Beat

- Tips & Tricks while using Samples of VSL.. see at: https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/vitutorials/ - Tutorial "Mixing an Orchestra": https://www.beat-kaufmann.com/mixing-an-orchestra/
  • I can confirm Christian's "hot" time on a Mac G5 (OS 10.4.7) using 5.2.0.0
    I have the Cube + Saxes +Organ and VI standalone opened in 1 min plus a second or two. AU in Logic from a "cold" start after a logout was exactly the same.
    I'm very happy.....

Regards - Colin

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

rino, how many licenses do you have on the key where it takes 5 minutes?
    christian

Hi cm...
    well, I've just opened -this morning- my VI in 3' 12" (does it seems an... Olympic Game? [:D])... this is my new established time (yesterday, I had: a complet "freezed" first opening [[:|]], then the 5 min time... then -later in the evening- the new 3' 12" time...)

...I've "cleaned up" my System... that's, I think, brought down to 3' 13"... but, still, it's 2 minutes more then the ver. 5.0.8.4)... as Beat told too... more or less.... (thanks Beat!)

If Colin (thanks Colin!) confirm your time, it's my Setup to slow down my 5200 (but it's the same setup of 5084!:cry[:)]... I've got 8 licenses (on one key... HEY! ...I've got another Syncrosoft key licenseing just Virtual Guitarrist 2... could be it to slow down the process...? I'll try without later...). My samples are shared on two external FW800 (laCie) 250GB... with a G5 Dual 2.0GHz - MacOS 10.4.8...

That's it! ...it seems that Syncrosoft Operation is very sensible to our different setups... [:O]ops:

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

HEY! ...I've got another Syncrosoft key licenseing just Virtual Guitarrist 2... could be it to slow down the process...? I'll try without later...

[[:|]] ...I've take out the other (Steinberg) key... NEW TIME!

Just: 1' 05"... [:O]ops:

[*-)]: [*-)]: [*-)]: ...suggestions...?

(anyway... remember... the more 2, or 1 or 3, minutes... it's not the end of the world! :wink[:)]

• i was just writing a reply regarding *we have to analize the systems in detail* when i noticed your update.
    an assumption: the *license query* scans all possible licenses _per key_, so two keys double the startup time ... sounds logical?
    christian

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

so two keys double the startup time ... sounds logical?

[:O]ops: ...not yery much... at least, to me...

...you're saying that... the *license query* take 1' 05" to scan 8 VSL-licenses and 2' 05" to scan 1 VG2-license...? [*-)]: (sorry! I'm a perfect dummy on this... theme!)

...question: can I transfer the VG2 license on the VSL key? Any... "warning"? (first of all, shall I have benefit from that?)

Thanks! [:D]

• my consideration was that possibly the number of all possible licenses are scanned on a *per key* basis, so going through the process twice (without finding any further licenses of course)

you can move licenses between syncrosoft USB protection devices - but please make sure the destination device is a fairly new one - older keys only have limited space to store licenses
    christian

• Thanks cm... I'll do it!

My key is from "yours"... so, I think, it is "fairly new"... isn't it?
    (please... how many licenses can it contains...? How can I know how much free space I've got on a key...?)

Cheers.
    R

• last edited
    last edited
    [8-)] ...maybe I can't do that...

From the License Control Center's Help:

@Another User said:

The wizard "License Transfer" can only be viewed when the ability to transfer a license between protection devices has been released by the respective software producer.

...so, I can't transfer a Steinberg license on a VSL key... is it (my translation) right? [:'(]

(Sorry about the OT...)

• uhhh - that was new to me ... i have moved cubase and vienna instruments licenses without a problem in the past and didn't even think one could deny such a *consolidation* ...
    christian

• Done it! [[[[[:D]]]]] [[[[[:D]]]]] [[[[[:D]]]]]

[:O]ops: Uhu??!?? ...my translation was right, then?!?!?? ...but... it has worked for me too!
    Now my VG2 license is on the VSL key... and VG2 works fine... and the VI takes just 1' 03" to open!!! [[[[[:D]]]]]

Who knows? ...anyway... ...happy ending! [[[[[:D]]]]]

Beat... Happy MAC-world again! [[;)]]

Thanks cm...

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

...you can move licenses between syncrosoft USB protection devices ...
    christian

Licence Reading Improvements

Bevore:
    Synchrosoft 5.2.0.0,
    4 Synchrosoft licence keys + 1 Ilockkey on 1 PCI-USB-Card
    Startup time for a VST-instance ~ 3' (first time) in Cubase SX3
    Startup time for a VST-instance 1' 15" (2nd, 3rd.. time)

Action 1:
    I've transfered all the licences to
    - 1 VSL-key and
    - 1 Steinberg-Key (Cubase, WaveLab, Hypersonic2, The Grand2, Tonwheel Organ)
    New startup time for a VST-instance 2'40" (first time)
    New startup time for a VST-instance 1'10" (2nd, 3rd.. time)

Action 2:
    Switched off Internet Security (G-Data)
    New startup time for a VST-instance 1'07" (first time)
    New startup time for a VST-instance 0'05" (2nd, 3rd.. time)

In any upper case:
    Time for loading an additional instance: Within 1 - 2 seconds.

I'm still not down on 35" but I'm again a happy Windows user [[;)]]

Beat

• Beat-- what is "G-data" and how do I switch it off?

Thanks,
    Jay

• last edited
    last edited

@JBacal said:

Beat-- what is "G-data" and how do I switch it off?

Thanks,
    Jay

G-Data is an Internet Security Suite Program (AntiVirus, Spam-filter, Firewall etc.) like McAfee or Northon and...
    G-Data is a German-product which perhaps is unknown outside Europe.

Nice weekend!
    Beat