Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,484 users have contributed to 42,395 threads and 255,513 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 59 new user(s).

• PC - no Ichat - only FTP. I am probably striking out.

Rob

• AIM = AOL Instant Messenger............It is compatible with IChat....

• Okay....guys I can't get in! The bonus file section says "
    Sorry, no files available to download for your registered products!" but I own the PRO Edition as well as both Orchestral String Volumes! My user name is austinhaynesmusic@yahoo.com Please tell me what the problem is!?

• You need to own VI strings ...the new 1.

SvK

• I do. I upgraded from Pro Edition to the Symphonic Cube. I own all the standard portions from Solo Strings all the way to the Woodwinds 1 for the new Vienna Instruments...[:(]

• Austin...you did register everything....

On this site AND the sncrosoft dongle stuff...right?

If you didn't, it will not work..

SvK

• I used a program with a 30 day free trial called ReGet Pro 3.4.
    It downloaded all 13 cabs in about an hour. But now I don't know what to do with the cabs. When I click on any of them it says "not a valid archive." How do I open a cab?

--Jay

• Austin,

I think you are looking in wrong place,

Go here:

Uer Area / Vienna Instruments / Bonus Files

• JBacal.....

Put all the cabs AND the "Package" file in one folder....

Now launch your APP called "Vienna Instruments Library Instller" and direct yourself to that "Package FIle"....

Remember?

Just like when you first installed the VIs

After that is done you will need to launch the APP "Vienna Instrument Directory Manager"

You are only minutes away [;)]

SvK

• Thanks Svk. I was banging my head against the wall there for a few minutes. [:D]

Best,
    Jay

• J Bacal,

Sure thang [;)]

SvK

• Austin-- you need to have registered the "Extended" strings too see the new downloads.

• JBacal

try this....

1st note : perf-leg Progressive vibrato (hold for 3 seconds....swell with mod-wheel....turn on velocity crossfade and assign mod-wheel)

2nd note: key switch to Strong Vibrato (with mod-wheel at top hold for 2 sec)

3d note: keyswicth to perf leg Sforzando

kewl huh [;)]

SvK

• I feel like such a cheat.....holding down a MA7 chord with Appassionatta Violins = 80 violins!!!!!

hahahaha

so be it.

SvK

• You mean I can't get the Appassianata Strings without having the "extended" portion of the Orchestral Strings 1? I thought the requirement was Pro Edition upgrading to the Orchestral Strings 1? I have all the Volumes out thus far but none are "extended" yet just "standard".

• I don't know what Herb's plans are for the future but as of tonight the only way to download them is to register the extended.

• Thanks, Herb and VSL team!!

This Appassionata release is much larger than I expected. It will take a while to digest. But I can already tell that I will really appreciate having the p dynamics with stronger vibrato. The Sul G patch sounds great. I'm certain that I will find many uses for the new progressive vibrato patch. And I absolutely love the new cres/dim and pfp patches especially with that lovely vibrato at the softer dynamics.

Well, I'm off to finally tackle Vaughn Williams’ Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis. I'm hopeful that now I might be able to finally do some justice to this magnificent piece.

Thanks again and best wishes,
    Jay

• A DEMO PLEAAAAASE!

• last edited
    last edited

@Austin said:

You mean I can't get the Appassianata Strings without having the "extended" portion of the Orchestral Strings 1? I thought the requirement was Pro Edition upgrading to the Orchestral Strings 1? I have all the Volumes out thus far but none are "extended" yet just "standard".

But why on earth would you not get extended? Thats where you get your discount for being a PRO ED owner.. it will cost under $100

Anyway, DOWNLOADING NOW [H]

• Demo! DEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMOOOOOO!!!!! PLease!

For heavens sake please post a demo!!!!!