Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,633 users have contributed to 42,248 threads and 254,878 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@dunk187 said:

Herb,

Just so I'm clear, I'm going to have to buy at least the Orchestral Strings 1 Vienna Instruments standard package in order to get these Appasionata strings as a "bonus?". Not that I mind, the more strings the better. I'm going to get everything eventually.... I just want to be able to have access to these samples..... And would like to know the quickest route. Please draw me a map....

-Ben

Correct - buying OS1 is the cheapest way.

• Hi all,

Like Ben I'm looking into how to get the Appassionata Violins - it sounds like the easiest way is to buy Orchestral Strings I (I'm a Pro Ed COP user btw). I'm just wondering - will there be a time limit to the free offer?

Regards,

Martin

• Non has been mentioned. But at some point it will likly go retail, along with some appasionate Celli maybe. And at that point the offer may end, but this is all sepculation. Maybe someone official will chime in.

• Appassionata Violins, Epic horns, next: Declamatory Trumpets with attitude - focusing on loud dynamics and harsh performance interval articulations in various shades of loud and piercing. same with peformance reps.

we have mp, mf and poco forte covered for trumpets especialy in espresivo - but we need harsh articulations.

• last edited
    last edited

@magates said:

we have mp, mf and poco forte covered for trumpets especialy in espresivo - but we need harsh articulations.

I agree totally, but am not sticking my neck out until I've heard all the new articulations in VI. With the Pro Edition I have found the hard attack patches very useful, but there are often times when I open the filter and just wish that it would open further, as the maximum is still too limp. I guess that this is the difference with the way of playing in Vienna compared with the UK (or US, for that matter).

DG

• Trumpets

I agree, also that "muted" TBone + Trumpet sound.......currently we don't have that at all. it is very neccessary for clusters and tension.

There is a muted TBone, but it doesn't have THAT sound.

SvK

• has someone ever considered recording orchestra tutti samples in a variety of volume layers ... i've seen this with e.g. motu's symphonic instrument which is highly useful sometimes and saves much time... it's even a quick way to have not-so-large-song-setups sound pretty convincing, if you just need the famous "some strings" in e.g. a popsongs background texture...

• I don't think you will see VSL doing that. But it's not a bad idea either.

• Alrigh - I'm ready for my monday moning dose of Appasionata [[:|]]

• Right - let us all be appassionate!!!!!!! [[:|]]

• Update Paul or Herb? How about a Demo - just a short one - nothing else - couple of art patches.

Rob

• Your forcing my hand guys - dont make me get the pregnant woman! [[:|]]

• hands? pregnant? oh my god, they're here!
    they do not want us the hear demo. they are everywhere. they control your life. they will clean your refrigerator and drink up your beer....

aaaaah *runs away*

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

... they are everywhere. they control your life. they will clean your refrigerator and drink up your beer....

aaaaah *runs away*

Heaven forbid!!! [:D] [6] [:D]

• <a href=http://www.aaliyah.com/forum/attach.aspx/15724/Boxer%20Bump.JPG">

• I just managed to sneak into the vienna silent stage and take a picture of the secret recording device which was used to capture the true passion of the appassionata strings... but then unfortunately a short circuit happened and all samples got lost - haha

<a href=http://www.lostlegends.de/gfx/_pics/violin.jpg">

• Oh man, please scroll this banged up athlete up....I can't bear to see it when I come on to this thread... Ooouch!!!!

Can anybody say when the APPASSIONATA strings will be downloadable? Sabine? herb?

• Just picked up a project that would greatly benefit from what I am hoping the new appas. vlns will be.

Is there any update on the DL for these? Demos?

Rob

• I think we are all waiting for a demo, no ? [[;)]]

• well i'm curious but as i dont own proEd i wont get apassionata strings anyway. so what use is the demo for me [;)] than just to hear what i'll never get