Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,599 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,539 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Everything is fine with the performance trills, all in all there are six different up and six different down intervalls from minor second two major third. (all performance trills of all instruments do have these 6+6 intervall variations)
    If you compare any trill performed with normal performance legato (only one up and one down variation) with the performance trill you should here the difference.

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@SyQuEsT said:

Is it a bug ?

Performance Legato Heavy Vibrato
    Press B0 (portamento)
    Play E5 to C6 ... I think the result is F5 to C6
    Same thing around this (E5 to B5 ...)

Is it me ?

Thanks [[[;)]]]

Herb ?

Maybe a bug ... in my ears [[[;)]]]

• No bug.

best
    Herb

• last edited
    last edited

@herb said:

No bug.

best
    Herb

Thanks

• guys, this might have been asked a hundred times.

exactly what would i need to get the av strings
    i do own all of the available VI's except chamber strings.

do i have to buy the whole pro ed orchestral cube? performance set? or can i just buy e.g. the percussions? whatever...

• sangit, you need to have registered
    - either pro edition strings or pro edition performance set
    - and Vienna Instruments Orchestral Strings I extended
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I'm interested in the appassionata violins; I've got the VI orchestral strings, but I don't have the pro edition. Is there any way to BUY the appassionata violins without having to buy the pro edition?

• last edited
    last edited

@PierreFunck said:

I'm interested in the appassionata violins; I've got the VI orchestral strings, but I don't have the pro edition. Is there any way to BUY the appassionata violins without having to buy the pro edition?

Not currently.

DG

• "not currently" (opposite to "no never") reveals a chance of it being released sometime, no? i mean if i buy pro edition now and fife days later av would be available for sale i would indeed be annoyed [:)]

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

"not currently" (opposite to "no never") reveals a chance of it being released sometime, no? i mean if i buy pro edition now and fife days later av would be available for sale i would indeed be annoyed [[:)]]

If If If If....!!!!! Sometimes - you just gotta bite the bullet and jump on board. Think of all the discount you will get on VI's.

If I waited until everything was just how I wanted it to be (money in the bank - work in the book etc etc) before jumping on a new bit of kit - I would still be working on an Atari with 2MB of RAM with a Prophet 2000 / AKAI S900.

[[:)]] [[;)]]

ALSO...VSL chaps..... I am working on a cue that would REALLY benefit from some ffff tpts - harsh with & without mutes and fast perf reps.

Using 'other' samples at the moment but would love to hear what you guys would do.

I know Matt Gates was speaking about these a while back....just carrying the banner for a while!!!

Any chance in the future please after App Celli and the final installment of VI's!!!!

• last edited
    last edited

@Sangit said:

"not currently" (opposite to "no never") reveals a chance of it being released sometime, no? i mean if i buy pro edition now and fife days later av would be available for sale i would indeed be annoyed [:)]

The point is that as AV has proved to be so popular it is very likely that it will be released at some point. However, at the moment it is not a complete product (by the standards of the rest of VI), so until further recording is done it is unlikely to be released.

DG

• well we all learned with vsl that patience pays out... so i suppose being patient will score again here [;)]

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulM said:

[ALSO...VSL chaps..... I am working on a cue that would REALLY benefit from some ffff tpts - harsh with & without mutes and fast perf reps.

I'm waiting to see if this is included with the current, undelivered (hint) VI. After that the gloves are off [6]

DG

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulM said:

[ALSO...VSL chaps..... I am working on a cue that would REALLY benefit from some ffff tpts - harsh with & without mutes and fast perf reps.

I'm waiting to see if this is included with the current, undelivered (hint) VI. After that the gloves are off [6]

DG

I hadn't thought of that.....well that would be worth it's weight in Gold....the EWQLSO pro XP has some quite harsh brass on board - but I still think it is very limited and the sound quality of the room they used, sounds to me like an aircraft hanger - not a scoring stage - (IMO)

When I tried them out I spent 2 hours trying to figure out why I could still here this awful reverb unit even though it was turned off on the front panel - turned out that was the "natural room sound"

.....oh dear - it was at that point I made my excuses and left the building!

disappointed of Hertfordshire [:(]

• I'm a pro edition strings and performance user (VI also but not the extended libs yet) and when I go to the bonus area there is nothing to be found. Has it been moved or is there another area now? Or, is it because that I need to get the extend lib for strings I and II?

Thanks
    Chris

• last edited
    last edited

@cKaz said:

I'm a pro edition strings and performance user (VI also but not the extended libs yet) and when I go to the bonus area there is nothing to be found. Has it been moved or is there another area now? Or, is it because that I need to get the extend lib for strings I and II?

Thanks
    Chris

Yes, you need to purchase your extended library password (around 35$ in your case).

Best

• Thanks, lookng on how to do that now. (thought that was it!)

Chris

• last edited
    last edited

@cm said:

nick, of course ftp is the preferred protocol for this - therefore it is called FileTransferProtocol [;)]
    but unfortunately we had to set up hundreds of users on the webserver if we'd like to allow that ... nothing desirable ...
    christian

not when running windows anyway [[:)]] but if you had macs there...... [[:)]]

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

but if you had macs there......
    then ... allow php to write dynamically an .htaccess-file?
    have you read the security bulletins for php during the last 6 months? i'm already annoyed enough to get the phpBB forum fixed almost every second week ...
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • friends,
    I received an e-mail from VSL stating that I am eligible for the Appassionata Violins FREE FOR DOWNLOAD. I logged into my user area and It says that there are no files available for me. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
    mgmazzei