Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,599 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,539 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

AC=Appassionata Cellos=Me want=Me pay [:D]

(great job on the AV's)

Rob

I Too Pay Money For AC or Cellonata....

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

(great job on the AV's)

Rob

Yup....count me in too!

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Thanks y'all!

Colin,

Donc ton français n'est pas fort? Mais ce n'est pas grave, au moins on se rejoint par la même langue: VSL [[;)]]

Ou est mon parapluie - Il pleut.

That - Guy - is the extent of MY French vocabulary!!!! [:D]

Feeling the shame.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

(great job on the AV's)

Rob

Yup....count me in too!

Me to... what about basses and viola? I'm not too interested in them, so I hope I wouldnt have to buy them all. I mean - sure I would like to have them, but I'm not sure the money/usage ratio is high enough... in fact I'm not even sure we need appasionate basses and viola? Thoughts?

However I'm also sure that if VSL do only the cello and violins, people will bitch about not having basses and violas - which is fair enough I guess. But to me they have no great interest. I'm still really dying to have VSL's take on etnic intstruments although I seem to recall these were far, far away, although planned at some point.

ps: I'm getting desperate. I really want to use my last 5 collections. And I also hope we will get some info on whats next for VSL. Obviously there is their 'Elements' collection which I'm looking forward to. And then we have the saxes, and guitars. But after that? One can only wonder. One thing is certain. I'll be there!

• last edited
    last edited

@"Christian Marcussen said:

....ps: I'm getting desperate. I really want to use my last 5 collections. And I also hope we will get some info on whats next for VSL.....

To quote Herb;

"...bass flute, heckelphone (tenor oboe), contrabass clarinet, euphonium, and some more instruments are already in production
    they should be releasable 2nd quarter 2006
    so no mission necessary any more

best
    Herb"

and I haven't missioned ever since.

• last edited
    last edited

@Guy said:

Thanks y'all!

Colin,

Donc ton français n'est pas fort? Mais ce n'est pas grave, au moins on se rejoint par la même langue: VSL [[;)]]

Bien. Merci de vos mots aimables!

Colin

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

(great job on the AV's)

Rob

Yup....count me in too!

Me to... what about basses and viola? I'm not too interested in them, so I hope I wouldnt have to buy them all. I mean - sure I would like to have them, but I'm not sure the money/usage ratio is high enough... in fact I'm not even sure we need appasionate basses and viola? Thoughts?

However I'm also sure that if VSL do only the cello and violins, people will bitch about not having basses and violas - which is fair enough I guess. But to me they have no great interest. I'm still really dying to have VSL's take on etnic intstruments although I seem to recall these were far, far away, although planned at some point.

ps: I'm getting desperate. I really want to use my last 5 collections. And I also hope we will get some info on whats next for VSL. Obviously there is their 'Elements' collection which I'm looking forward to. And then we have the saxes, and guitars. But after that? One can only wonder. One thing is certain. I'll be there!

As long as we are talking about the 'future' - let's not forget about the choir and boy's choir. Complete with word formation.

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

As long as we are talking about the 'future' - let's not forget about the choir and boy's choir. Complete with word formation.

Rob

No, I want it all... Now!!!

• hehe - I used to be all giddy thinking about a VSL choir, and I still think its cool. However the price will be so far out for a choir library that I dont think its worth it on a cost/usage ratio. If its really going to kick ass it would be around the same size as the cube, and I just dont do enough choir stuff to spend $11000 getting it. Again, dont get me wrong - I'm sure it would be awesome - but very expenssive.

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

hehe - I used to be all giddy thinking about a VSL choir, and I still think its cool. However the price will be so far out for a choir library that I dont think its worth it on a cost/usage ratio. If its really going to kick ass it would be around the same size as the cube, and I just dont do enough choir stuff to spend $11000 getting it. Again, dont get me wrong - I'm sure it would be awesome - but very expenssive.

Aw, come on Herb... Spill the beans... There's a least 3 of us just desperate for the choir [8-)]

Here's a suggestion: split it up into various types or genres: say
    1. renaissance/baroque
    2. classical/romantic
    3. 20th century
    4. childrens choir

and then we can just pick whichever choir(s) that we want...

Easy peasy [:D]

• A bass flute should arrive one day, that shouln't be too expenssive to record
    [H]

• Me wish I had the new strings in Giga format (2.5), I know I'm behind the times, but if there was a way......... [:(]

• hi damon - you made yourself scarce ...
    GS2 format not possible because samples are 24 bit .... GS3 format would be technically possible, but since the app. violins are a bonus for ViennaInstruments users only this option does not apply ... unfortunately
    christian

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • I know bro, I just wish I could have those nice expressive violins.

• Is it a bug ?

Performance Legato Heavy Vibrato
    Press B0 (portamento)
    Play E5 to C6 ... I think the result is F5 to C6
    Same thing around this (E5 to B5 ...)

Is it me ?

Thanks [[;)]]

• These strings are great.....
    Thanks guys!

• Hey guys am I going crazy? Seems like the other day when I downloaded these violins, they keyswitched from porta to Legato.....today I can't get that working....was I dreaming?

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Hey guys am I going crazy? Seems like the other day when I downloaded these violins, they keyswitched from porta to Legato.....today I can't get that working....was I dreaming?

Tom

Did you try A0 and B0 ?

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Hey guys am I going crazy? Seems like the other day when I downloaded these violins, they keyswitched from porta to Legato.....today I can't get that working....was I dreaming?

Tom

Did you try A0 and B0 ?

Got it...my little daughter had wandered into my music room and hit the transpose key on my keyboard[[;)]] [[;)]]

Beware wandering children!

Tom

• Ok ....

HERB,

Question.......

The Appass Strings Perf_trill cell does NOT seem to to have alternations as opposed to the 4 alternations with the regular VI strings......So playing E, F, E, F etc produces a machine-gun effect with the Apass patch.

Is this a bug?

Thanx,

SvK