Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,682 users have contributed to 42,404 threads and 255,565 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 41 new user(s).

• Well, it says there are no files available for me to download, and I am a registered user of all of Pro Edition, Perf Set, and VI.

What else do I have to buy?

TH

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Well, it says there are no files available for me to download, and I am a registered user of all of Pro Edition, Perf Set, and VI.

What else do I have to buy?

TH
    Have you upgraded to Extended?

• Thats odd.....

So you own and have registered Pro Ed, and VI orchestral Strings 1.....?

• Is your VI Orch Strings 1 an EXTENDED version?

• last edited
    last edited

@PaulM said:

Is your VI Orch Strings 1 an EXTENDED version?

No it's not extended yet.

I was under the impression that early VI buyers got the files.

So now we have to buy the extended version to get the free files?

Tom

• I dont understand why anyone who owns Pro. Edition, and upgrades to the VI wouldn'y get the extended? Only if you get extended do you get a VIP upgrade price. It would cost you like €35 to your orchestral strings package to extended. I can understand why people would hold back if they dont own Pro. Edition, since extended costs alot - but as a Pr. Ed owner its a no brainer no?

Anyway, regarding your impression. These strings have always been for upgraders. An extra bonus for those who upgraded their old pro. ed. to the new VI. It has never been an early bird offer.

• I did upgrade. From Pro Edition, to VI.

At the time of the early bird upgrade offer, you could not upgrade to the extended version. ILIO said you would have to wait and do that directly thru VSL. I understand that has changed now.

I have not upgraded to the extended library because the demo is still working. And like everyone else, I haven't gotten what I've paid for already...no brass, etc. So there hasn't been a pressing need to upgrade yet.

So, let me get this straight, I need to upgrade ALL of the VI package, or JUST the strings in VI to get this "free" item? What is it in US dollars?

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. But make no mistake, it is not fair to say that these strings are a reward for those who upgrade. I did upgrade, from Pro, to VI.

Tom

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

I did upgrade. From Pro Edition, to VI.

At the time of the early bird upgrade offer, you could not upgrade to the extended version. ILIO said you would have to wait and do that directly thru VSL. I understand that has changed now.

I have not upgraded to the extended library because the demo is still working. And like everyone else, I haven't gotten what I've paid for already...no brass, etc. So there hasn't been a pressing need to upgrade yet.

So, let me get this straight, I need to upgrade ALL of the VI package, or JUST the strings in VI to get this "free" item? What is it in US dollars?

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. But make no mistake, it is not fair to say that these strings are a reward for those who upgrade. I did upgrade, from Pro, to VI.

Tom
    Well thats a debate you can have with VSL [:)]

You only need to upgrade the Orchestral Strings 1 which in US dollars would be around $40. You should be able to see your price using the discount calculator

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

I did upgrade. From Pro Edition, to VI.

Tom
    Well thats a debate you can have with VSL [:)]

You only need to upgrade the Orchestral Strings 1 which in US dollars would be around $40. You should be able to see your price using the discount calculator

Forty dollars? That's all? I'm on my way[;)]

Tom

• Well, I tried, guess I will have to call ILIO. The discount calculator doesn't show that I already have VI, so it makes me click on the STANDARD Library which I already own, and then extended, and that sure isn't 40.00....[;)]

TH

• last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Well, I tried, guess I will have to call ILIO. The discount calculator doesn't show that I already have VI, so it makes me click on the STANDARD Library which I already own, and then extended, and that sure isn't 40.00....[;)]

TH

Ok, well try mail VSL if they dont chime in.

Yes $40 - Thats maybe why VSL werent clear on he fact that you needed Extended. They naturally assumed that anyone going from Pro. Ed to VI would get extended... their whole VIP program was based on that assumption.

• last edited
    last edited
    tom, start from the product page please - login - now you should have *buy standard* disabled and see your price on the bottom of the extended column.
    let me know if it doesn't look like that, christian

ps: registered VIs have to find their way into the discount calculator ....

and remember: only a CRAY can run an endless loop in just three seconds.
  • last edited
    last edited

@tom@aerovons.com said:

Well, I tried, guess I will have to call ILIO. The discount calculator doesn't show that I already have VI, so it makes me click on the STANDARD Library which I already own, and then extended, and that sure isn't 40.00....[;)]

TH

After you do this calculation then you can UNCHECK the standard edition and hit recalculate. It will then show the true extended price. A little confusing at first.
    J

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Daryl - come on bro - tell us how you did the second one!!!!!!!!

[:D]

Rob

Well, I think that it was pretty obvious that the second one was AV Perf leg. In case anyone cares, the first one was done using a mixture of 14Vln Perf leg, Chamber Vln (vibrato) and Solo violin Perf leg.

DG

So Daryl, Rob, Jay, etc... how do you like the new violins?

I love them. Listening to Daryl's 2 snippets shows clearly HOW MUCH VSL has achieved with them.

My only complaint - wish I now had the same with Appasion Cellos [[;)]]

Rob

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Rob

Well, I think that it was pretty obvious that the second one was AV Perf leg. In case anyone cares, the first one was done using a mixture of 14Vln Perf leg, Chamber Vln (vibrato) and Solo violin Perf leg.

DG

I love them. Listening to Daryl's 2 snippets shows clearly HOW MUCH VSL has achieved with them.

My only complaint - wish I now had the same with Appasion Cellos [[;)]]

Rob

oooh, yeah baby... I'm waiting for these as well! [:)]

• YUP...best $40 you will spend today......!

enjoy...

• PaulM, how did you arrive at the "four file" figure? I can verify your number. Last night I had to re-load all offending cab files (3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10). 9 needed two reloads.

By the time I got to 10, I re-loaded it *and* 11, 12, and 13 at the same time, figuring I had nothing to lose. Anyway, it worked. So I can confirm I loaded four healthy files at once.

Well, I've tried twice now to post a link for you on vsldaemon, but it keeps referencing either the search engine or the main forum page. If you type "vsldaemon" into the search engine, look for a thread started by musos. golem explains what it is and why it doesn't show up in Activity Monitor.

Cheers.

• last edited
    last edited

@Plowman said:

PaulM, how did you arrive at the "four file" figure? I can verify your number. Last night I had to re-load all offending cab files (3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10). 9 needed two reloads.

By the time I got to 10, I re-loaded it *and* 11, 12, and 13 at the same time, figuring I had nothing to lose. Anyway, it worked. So I can confirm I loaded four healthy files at once.

Regarding vsldeamon discussion, check this thread:

http://www.vsl.co.at/en-us/69/128/36.vsl

Quite simple.......over zealous downloading practices!!!

I was greedy and tried to get them all in one go - didnt work....so i tried about 6 still crapped out - tried 5 - same......tried 4 - worked great.

So then I just downloaded files chunks of 4 - no more problems.

Thanks for link re daemon...

PaulM

• Nice trial and error, you intrepid pioneer. These are the reasons the prudent user waits a week or so before plunging in.

Again, per my edit, I was trying to link to musos' thread "vsl deamon" as discussed with golem. Hope you found it.

• last edited
    last edited

@Rob Elliott said:

Rob

DG

My only complaint - wish I now had the same with Appasion Cellos [[[;)]]]

Rob

I am loving the AV's....just great - and yes I agree...I will be the first in line when they sell the Appassionata Celli on the shop (or for download)'[[[;)]]]'......