Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,598 users have contributed to 42,396 threads and 255,538 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Yeeey. Thank you so much. the best news of the morning

• Congratulations Paul and crew, Thanks, I'm sure it was no picnic. And scuze me while I say WOO HOO!

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB/ Mac OS Sonoma/ VEP7/ Mir 3D/ Synchronized SE1/ Synchron Harp/ V Smart Orch.+ Ext./ BBO Altair/ Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?

• @marcelloazevedo said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317104):
    That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?
    See Paul’s post from yesterday (1st August) on page 6. ;)

• Thank you VSL, especially for not charging a forced update to v8. It is much appreciated. Great timing for me too as I was about to redo my DP templates.

• @Mobius said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317105):

@marcelloazevedo said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317104):
    That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?
    See Paul’s post from yesterday (1st August) on page 6. ;)

Thank you Mobius,

That worked!

• Amazing. And thank you so much for also making Imperial and Vienna Instrument Pro available 🙌 super unexpected but amazing that you made that happen!!!

• Hi, 

Quick Update: VE Pro 7 GLITCH-FIX for VST3 and AAX on macOS- fixed with VE Pro 7.3.3335, available in your Vienna Assistant (you might have to refresh it, upper right corner).

Best, 
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • At least !!!!!

Thank you so much, no more clicks pops, much lower CPU usage and it is finally Silicon NATIVE !

best August 1st ever 

• This is great stuff. Well done guys!

• I'm on an Intel Mac mini mid-2018 running Ventura 13.4.1. I downloaded the initial release of VEP7 7.2.3310 yesterday (the first day of release) and ran it without a problem. Today, it would not load -- freezes and crash logs followed. Reinstalling that version did not fix it. 

But today's update VEP 7.3.3335 is working. These things have a lot of moving parts and everyone's system is unique. but I wanted to alert the forum. 

• VI Pro! This is the best news! Thanks!!!

• Hangs in an infinite loop of plugin validation with Arturia Filter M12.

• Hi mmueller, 

Thanks for reporting.

Always helpful: Which OS, which version of VE Pro?

Best, 
    Paul

• @Paul said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317147):

Always helpful: Which OS, which version of VE Pro?

7.3.3335 on Latest Montery. Hangs with VST3 version.

Arturia Dimension D is also reported as failed but is listed in the plugin list when I chancel the process.

Filter M12 however is reported as failed and the check of the plugin repeats again and again - each times stating that it has failed.

Clear and rescan does not help - I can't pass the M12 plugin and scan the the other plugins.

• Hi, 

Thanks! We will look into it!

Best,
    Paul

• Just wanted to say thanks to Paul and the wider development team for both the Apple Silicon versions of VEP and the inclusion of VST3 support during the lifecycle of version 7

I've certainly appreciated that both have been included as free updates.

• I'm a Windows user, but on this new VE Pro, my bypassed inserted VST plugins came to life - I could tell my levels were wrong and it was because every bypassed plugin was actually active, even though it still showed bypassed.

• Oh man, so good to see the VEP Pro 7 Native! Installed and working beautifully!

Thanks! VEP Pro 7 2023 M2 Ultra Mac Pro, 192GB ram, 4TB SSD 2013 MacPro RME UFX +, Earthworks mics, Neuman mics, Earthworks Preamp,
  • VEP 7 doesn't seem to actually scan my plug-ins. It gets stuck at the scanning window but doesn't show anything being scanned. The Skip button doesn't do anything, so the only option is to cancel the scan.

Chris