Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,682 users have contributed to 42,404 threads and 255,565 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• My joy for an Apple Silicon version of VE Pro is short lived. An AAX version doesn't seem to get installed. I've tried installing twice but there's nothing getting installed in:

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins

VST(3) and AU install fine. AAX Synchro Player/Pianos/Harp all installed correctly.

• last edited
    last edited

HI Marsdy, 

That's indeed a stupid glitch in the (silent) VA Installer.

I have posted the fix above, should be corrected with the next update: 

VE Pro 7 GLITCH-FIX for VST3 and AAX on macOS: Please use THIS WORKAROUND for now to install the software manually. The installation routine in the Vienna Assistant does not install these plug-ins properly!
    This installer issue will be fixed asap. 

Didn't want to ruin your first impression!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • That worked! Thanks for the speedy reply Paul

David

• Hi Paul,

I just wanted to say thank you soooo much that Imperial was updated as well. That was my most important one, and I am so glad you made it work!!!

Vielen herzlichen Dank!!

• Still baffled by the PR side, but this is a huge release. Congrats! Game changer for so many people.

Frankly surprised it isn't a paid update and version 8; would gladly have paid for this! That's very decent of Vienna to do it like this.

• Finally!!! WhooHooo!!!

Although after all this time, I'm very apprehensive.  What's the best way for users to roll back if any of us encounter issues?

• Amazing news that everything is native now 😀 - thanks so much for making this happen!

• Yeeey. Thank you so much. the best news of the morning

• Congratulations Paul and crew, Thanks, I'm sure it was no picnic. And scuze me while I say WOO HOO!

Vinny 2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB/ Mac OS Sonoma/ VEP7/ Mir 3D/ Synchronized SE1/ Synchron Harp/ V Smart Orch.+ Ext./ BBO Altair/ Arturia Keylab Essential 88/Analog Lab
  • That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?

• @marcelloazevedo said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317104):
    That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?
    See Paul’s post from yesterday (1st August) on page 6. ;)

• Thank you VSL, especially for not charging a forced update to v8. It is much appreciated. Great timing for me too as I was about to redo my DP templates.

• @Mobius said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317105):

@marcelloazevedo said in [Apple Silicon Native Transition](/post/317104):
    That's great but after installing VEP7 I found out that no AAX silicon got installed, any ETA on that?
    See Paul’s post from yesterday (1st August) on page 6. ;)

Thank you Mobius,

That worked!

• Amazing. And thank you so much for also making Imperial and Vienna Instrument Pro available 🙌 super unexpected but amazing that you made that happen!!!

• Hi, 

Quick Update: VE Pro 7 GLITCH-FIX for VST3 and AAX on macOS- fixed with VE Pro 7.3.3335, available in your Vienna Assistant (you might have to refresh it, upper right corner).

Best, 
    Paul 

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • At least !!!!!

Thank you so much, no more clicks pops, much lower CPU usage and it is finally Silicon NATIVE !

best August 1st ever 

• This is great stuff. Well done guys!

• I'm on an Intel Mac mini mid-2018 running Ventura 13.4.1. I downloaded the initial release of VEP7 7.2.3310 yesterday (the first day of release) and ran it without a problem. Today, it would not load -- freezes and crash logs followed. Reinstalling that version did not fix it. 

But today's update VEP 7.3.3335 is working. These things have a lot of moving parts and everyone's system is unique. but I wanted to alert the forum. 

• VI Pro! This is the best news! Thanks!!!

• Hangs in an infinite loop of plugin validation with Arturia Filter M12.